{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bayern captain Lahm to retire at end of season
Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Damn. Nothing else to say.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's the greatest full-back I've ever seen. Absolute gem of a player. I'll never forget his displays for Bayern and Germany.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Thats the kind of stuff which make regret only starting watching football in 2015. By then, he was already over his 30. Missed so much of his career. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Not totally surprising. Usually when a player quits international play it's because they don't anticipate being part of the next World Cup cycle.

One of the better German players of the last two decades. Germany has been immensely strong for awhile now, and he was a major part of that. I don't watch a lot of Bayern, but I did watch a lot of Germany, and he was always a rock. Great captain, great team player, nothing bad to say about the guy.

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

@Emo r u kidding or serious about 2015?

Really sad to see it, he's one of my most favorite german players.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emo r u kidding or serious about 2015?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

respect.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I also missed so much if his career. His discipline was just one of the things I found truly exemplary in him. Sad to see him go.

Anfieldismyhome 7 years ago
Liverpool, Kenya 0 7

He is an icon in German football, a great proffessional and a srong leader

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Sad. But respect for his decision to retire at the top. Considering he can still easily play for any team in Europe.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Kyoekar Not joking at all mate, I'm from Canada, in this country, football (or soccer as we call it here) isn't the most popular sport. What managed to get me into football was the WC 2014 but I still only watched it more seriously in 2015, where the first few match I did watch were the CL semi-finals. I learned a lot in a few year but I'm still mostly a noob when it come down to it. :(

@Emre Yeah, he's leaving at the top of his game cause he propably don't want to go trough what Schweinsteiger did. Poor guy still have a hard time playing a game at United despite being so good when he does play. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Kyoekar Not joking at all mate, I'm from Canada, in this country, football (or soccer as we call it here) isn't the most popular sport. What managed to get me into football was the WC 2014 but I still only watched it more seriously in 2015, where the first few match I did watch were the CL semi-finals. I learned a lot in a few year but I'm still mostly a noob when it come down to it. :(

@Emre Yeah, he's leaving at the top of his game cause he propably don't want to go trough what Schweinsteiger did. Poor guy still have a hard time player a game at United despite being so good when he does play. :(

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

You sounded like you were experienced, but you still know a lot. Dont worry too much about it.

As for Lahm, I thought he was better as RB than CDM. Great player he is.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir_keal Experienced? Ah, I wish. ;P But seriously, doesn't change the fact I really do love football now and that I try hard to learn more about it when I can.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Emobot I knew you were new to football when you joined the forum. I believe one of the first few posts, you talked about which team we supported or why we supported that team. Anyway, the knowledge you have displayed about this sport is really impressive, to an extent that most of the people on this post couldn't believe that you started 2 years ago.

I'm similar to you in a way. I started following basketball during the 2012 ECF between the Celtics and the Heat. Now, I have more knowledge about the game and its history more than some who were born into the sport.

In short, don't sweat it bro!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Madridista Thank you mate. ;)

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@Emobot I don't know how you got into a sport that is not popular in your country since I grew up in a country where football is super popular. Although I moved to a country where hand egg is popular, I still love football and will always be my one and only favorite sport. BUT I'm really glad you like football. It should be much more popular in NA.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Not many players left from what I call 2000 generation or something

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Kyoekyar Thanks mate, like I said, World Cup is part of what got me interested in football and then, the Fifa game also helped me familiarise with the player. +1

@Decentk Sadly, there is still a few but we are leaning toward a new generation of footballer. As a recent football fan though, it make it a lots easier for me to follow the progress of the younger star that emerge but I can see how it could make other fan feel nostalgic.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Almost cried lol. Lahm is one of greatest players Bayern ever had...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Croatian Too true mate, too true. Its quite fair to be sad. :(

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

I haven't seen enough Bayern's game this year but I believe he's still in top level, correct?