Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best big six winter transfer?
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

So, now that the winter transfer window is over in England, who do you think did the best transfer?

Chelsea, who got Barkley, Giroud and Emerson Palmieri for rather cheap fee and only lost Bats on loan?

Arsenal, who managed to get Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang despite losing both Alexis Sanchez and Giroud.

Liverpool, who sold Coutinho for an high fee and broke the club record with the signing of Virgil Van Djik.

Manchester City, who got Laporte.

Manchester United, who signed Sanchez from Arsenal only having to trade Mkhitaryan for him.

Or Tottenham, who got Lucas Moura for a relatively cheap fee.

Vote and comment please. :D

Comments
DarthFooty 6 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

As much as I like Sanchez going to Man Udt, I think Arsenal had the best xfer window. Mkhitaryan is a very good player and just lost confidence with Mou. Aubameyang is sick and hopefully transitions well in the EPL.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@DarthFooty Suprised to see how popular this opinion is, its seem a lot of user think Arsenal did the best transfer this winter transfer window. Its nice to see people trust into Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang despite the former drop in form and the disciplinary problem of the second. Its like people expect them to correct themselve in Arsenal and grab their second chance with their own two hands! Or feets in this case. I like it, beside, Arsenal also did manage to get Ozil to sign a extension. Thats pretty sweet and Lacazette, Auba, Mkhi and Ozil might well change the way we look at Arsenal in the future. I just hope Wenger don't mess this up. :)

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I still think we should have bought in other areas of the team as well, I hear Jonny Evans was going for 15 million, that is not so bad considering we got Mustafi for 35 million.

If we are going for what the teams lost out on then either Tottenham or United, Lucas is a very good steal. Liverpool also got Van Dijk but they spent most that Coutinho money on him, not the wisest. United got a world class player at the highest caliber but lose someone who was very good but lacked consistency. Chelsea got new replacements for Alonso and Morata, and extra midfield depth, however I don't rate Barkley in the slightest. City got a perfect Pep player and Laporte got a perfect Pep team, but I question if the money could have been reduced. Nevertheless he will only add to their team.

ashwin1729 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Arsenal had a great transfer window. But this is really stupid of Wenger. Arsenal's problem historically has been its defence. They always had players going forward. Instead of reading scorelines 3-2 against Arsenal, now we will read something like 5-4 against Arsenal.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@ashwin getting rid of Walcott/Giroud/Alexis(out of contract) replacing with Auba/Mkhi was stupid? While I agree that we need a GK/CB/CDM badly. This transfer window has been imo amazing and better than I expected.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11435

@quikzyyy He never said it was stupid, he only said Arsenal should have targeted defender as well.

ashwin1729 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

I should have been a little more clearer. Arsenal's attacking players have been great buys. But its not that special since Wenger is an offensive manager, and has done well in creating offensive minded players. Its stupid that he doesn't focus on defence which has been the core of Arsenal's problems. That and injuroes. He should have bought proven defenders.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

True, I agree with that, maybe we're just going in with Liverpool style! Hopefully in summer we will get someone like Horn/Manolas/Fabinho or someone similar. I'd love Oblak but no way we will pay 80M for him. Getting these 3 positions will be crucial, that's true.