Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best striker in the league
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so the pundits have always been quick to say that Aguero is the best striker in the league.
However, Ibra has arrived and Costa has channelled his aggression in a way that has transformed him as a player and helped him play on a whole new level. And then there's Sanchez, who has the second highest whoscored.com rating in the league (7.92)

-

Comments
chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

None of the others come close to costa this season, it's not only about the goals because costa runs for 90 minutes, bullies defenders and scores match winning goals.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I would say it's Costa right now, with Ibra not far behind. Aguero has fallen off a bit last season, and not recovered well this season either. I'm not certain I'd say he's the best player on his own team anymore.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Agree with @Sun totally

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Yeah, I'm feeling like Aguero has kind of lost part of what made him such an awesome striker, I couldn't really tell what but he is simply not as impressive as he should be in my opinion, still a very good player but he seem to have slowed down a bit in term of what made stand above the rest. Costa and Sanchez are both awesome but since Costa is more consistent, I can't help but prefering him over Sanchez. Ibra is very good as well, maybe not actually as good as I would have expected him to be, but he have been very solid after all. ;)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Agree with SunFlash, he's not as lethal, not as focus... he doesn't look scary as much. His movement is confusing :(.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

His goal against Burnley (GRR...) was pretty good though. Hit the bar before deflecting on a defender who was on the line. :O

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

yea aguero is still deadly...todays goal was insane. he's just unlucky...bans, injuries...every season. when fit he's deadly.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

If you go on performances alone, then it has to be Costa because as others said, it's not just about scoring goals for him. His all-round play is excellent and just what you need from a striker.

But when you consider Zlatan's age and that he's just a goal behind Costa on the top scorer charts. It's phenomenal.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Costa this year is 1 level above others maybe more than one but Zlatan...
How he even does that? 30+ years old striker scoring with such consistency in world top leagues...
Take out his bad luck in previous games.

Although Diego is #1 this year and I am incredibly happy. Feels like my wish to focus his game and stop arguing with defenders has come true

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Costa this year is 1 level above others maybe more than one but Zlatan...
How he even does that? 30+ years old striker scoring with such consistency in world top leagues...
Take out his bad luck in previous games.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Yeah, though he is a bit at fault for the bans, he can't do anything against injurie wich he also have a lots. :(

Jimbet 7 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Diego Costa all the way

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Not a lot of people realize that Harry Kane was injured for about a month and a half. He's made 14 apps, scored 10 goals and provided 2 assists, which in terms of goals per minute is actually quite impressive. I compared that to the other 4 names on this poll, and found this out (sorted by lowest minutes per goal):

Kun Aguero: 1,245 mins, 11 goals (0 assists), which is one every 113.2 mins
Diego Costa: 1,591 mins, 14 goals (5 assists), which is one every 113.6 mins (83.7 including assists)
Harry Kane: 1,183 mins, 10 goals (2 assists), which is one every 118.3 mins (98.6 including assists)
Ibrahimovic: 1,710 mins, 13 goals (3 assists), which is one every 131.5 mins (106.9 including assists)
Alexis Sanchez: 1,617 mins, 12 goals (7 assists), which is one every 134.8 mins (85.1 including assists)

Since Aguero and Costa are so close on goals, and since he blows everyone away when including assists, it's hard not to agree that Costa has been the best this season -- not even mentioning that his goals have his team way out in front for the title race.

In fact, when you add assists in, Sanchez rockets to 2nd, Aguero comes in 5th, and Kane remains 3rd both times. Interesting stuff, when you consider how tight that Top 6 is (aside from Chelsea). ;)

Let's see what the next two days does to those stats...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not a lot of people realize that Harry Kane was injured for about a month and a half. He's made 14 apps, scored 10 goals and provided 2 assists, which in terms of goals per minute is actually quite impressive. I compared that to the other 4 names on this poll, and found this out (sorted by lowest minutes per goal):

Diego Costa: 1,591 mins, 14 goals (5 assists), which is one every 113.6 mins (83.7 including assists)
Harry Kane: 1,183 mins, 10 goals (2 assists), which is one every 118.3 mins (98.6 including assists)
Ibrahimovic: 1,710 mins, 13 goals (3 assists), which is one every 131.5 mins (106.9 including assists)
Alexis Sanchez: 1,617 mins, 12 goals (7 assists), which is one every 134.8 mins (85.1 including assists)

Since Aguero and Costa are so close on goals, and since he blows everyone away when including assists, it's hard not to agree that Costa has been the best this season -- not even mentioning that his goals have his team way out in front for the title race.

In fact, when you add assists in, Sanchez rockets to 2nd, and Kane remains 3rd both times. Interesting stuff. ;)

In fact, when you add assists in, Sanchez rockets to 2nd, Aguero comes in 5th, and Kane remains 3rd both times. Interesting stuff. ;)

In fact, when you add assists in, Sanchez rockets to 2nd, Aguero comes in 5th, and Kane remains 3rd both times. Interesting stuff. ;)

Let's see what the next two days does to those stats.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Harry Kane exists to be underrated. I remember saying this a few years ago when he first burst onto the scene, but there's literally nothing special about the way he plays. No fantastic goals, no long shots, no power headers, just sticks it in the back of the net just as or more consistently than anyone else in the league.

I respect that.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Does that make him a poacher? Also, he can shoot the ball pretty hard, thats alway a good skill. ;)

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

What Sunflash said is absolutely right. His game is one-dimensional, but of course he's very good at it. He doesn't have the technical ability to score the kind of headers or long range goals Ibra would score, but he is a very consistent scorer and that in itself is a very desirable quality.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I would at least put Kane on the list, but I wouldn't vote for him. I guess he'd be the first attacking player I'd chose after the 5 players mentioned above.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Sunflash I would't care about the type of the goals. If I had to choose between striker who constantly scores 30/season and one who scores 10 beauties/season. I'd take the the first one without a doubt.

Why Alexis may not be the most clinical striker, he is involved in the goals much more than any of these players.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@quikzyyy
Statistically speaking, Costa has been involved in an equal amount of goals as Sanchez; they are both on 19 each.
Costa: 14 goals, 5 assists
Sanchez: 12 goals, 7 assists

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

enter image description here

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Judging from this, you people that voted Aguero maybe should reconsider? Usually a great player, but he was much better last year.