Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Bibiana Steinhaus: Bundesliga’s first woman referee
alferroa 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

enter image description here

Bibiana “The Boss” Steinhaus will become the first woman referee as the Bundesliga is looking to appoint four new referees next season. Besides being a referee, the 38-year-old is also a policeman.

Steinhaus has been officiating in the Bundesliga 2 for more than six years, she also has experience refereeing on the international stage for the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup and the Women’s Gold Medal match in the 2012 London Olympics. She is also not a stranger in the Bundesliga, as she’s been a fourth official for several years.

On one occasion, she even shrugged off Pep Guardiola:

Steinhaus was” speechless” when she was called up:

"When Lutz Michael Frohlich [the head of German referees] informed me, I was quite speechless… I feel disbelief, joy, happiness, relief, curiosity-it was simply a roller-coaster ride of emotions… It has always been my dream to be a Bundesliga referee. That this dream will come true naturally fills me with joy. On one hand it is confirmation of my hard work, and on the other hand, it is a great incentive to continue to work hard." (DFB)

As written in Reuters, German FA President Reinhard Grindel said he hoped Steinhaus would not be the last woman to referee in the top league. "Hopefully (she)... will motivate many young girls in our country to imitate her," he said.

And apparently, Steinhaus is reportedly dating former referee Howard Webb, and Webb was “absolutely thrilled to bits” with the assignment (BBC).

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bibiana “The Boss” Steinhaus will become the first woman referee as the Bundesliga is looking to appoint four new referees next season. Besides being a referee, the 38 year old is also a policeman.

Steinhaus has been officiating in the Bundesliga 2 for more than six years, she also has experiencing refeering on the international stage for the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup and tbe Women’s Gold Medal match in the 2012 London Olympics. She is also not a stranger in the Bundesliga, as she’s been a fourth official for several years.

In one occasion, she even shrugged of Pep Guardiola:

"When Lutz Michael Frohlich [the head of German referees] informed me, I was quite speechless… I feel disbelief, joy, happiness, relief, curiosity-it was simply a roller-coaster ride of emotions… It has always been my dream to be a Bundesliga referee. That this dream will come true naturally fills me with joy. On one hand it is confirmation of my hard work, and on the other hand it is a great incentive to continue to work hard." (DFB)

As written in Reuters, German FA President Reinhard Grindel said he hoped Steinhaus would not be the last woman to referee in the top league. "Hopefully (she)... will motivate many young girls in our country to imitate her," he said.

And apparently, Steinhaus is reportedly dating former referee Howard Webb, and Webb was “absolutely trilled to bits” with the assignment (BBC).

Bibiana “The Boss” Steinhaus will become the first woman referee as the Bundesliga is looking to appoint four new referees next season. Besides being a referee, the 38-year-old is also a policeman.

Steinhaus has been officiating in the Bundesliga 2 for more than six years, she also has experience refereeing on the international stage for the 2011 FIFA Women’s World Cup and the Women’s Gold Medal match in the 2012 London Olympics. She is also not a stranger in the Bundesliga, as she’s been a fourth official for several years.

In one occasion, she even shrugged of Pep Guardiola:

"When Lutz Michael Frohlich [the head of German referees] informed me, I was quite speechless… I feel disbelief, joy, happiness, relief, curiosity-it was simply a roller-coaster ride of emotions… It has always been my dream to be a Bundesliga referee. That this dream will come true naturally fills me with joy. On one hand it is confirmation of my hard work, and on the other hand it is a great incentive to continue to work hard." (DFB)

And apparently, Steinhaus is reportedly dating former referee Howard Webb, and Webb was “absolutely trilled to bits” with the assignment (BBC).

In one occasion, she even shrugged off Pep Guardiola:

"When Lutz Michael Frohlich [the head of German referees] informed me, I was quite speechless… I feel disbelief, joy, happiness, relief, curiosity-it was simply a roller-coaster ride of emotions… It has always been my dream to be a Bundesliga referee. That this dream will come true naturally fills me with joy. On one hand it is confirmation of my hard work, and on the other hand, it is a great incentive to continue to work hard." (DFB)

And apparently, Steinhaus is reportedly dating former referee Howard Webb, and Webb was “absolutely thrilled to bits” with the assignment (BBC).

In one occasion, she even shrugged off Pep Guardiola:

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Good for her. Tough to be a trailblazer, but hopefully other will follow her example and give us a better pool of referees.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I really hope she will be a great example for not just to the other females but also the male referees who can not handle the pressure.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

BREAKING: John Terry to sign a 5 year deal in Bundesliga next season. The team of choice is still unknown, more news on that by the end of the week.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Madridista I thought for a second this was serious. XD Great banter by the way. +1

• History

@Madridista I thought for a second this was serious. XD Great banter though by the way. +1

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Search peter niemeyer on youtube...

alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@liomessi10

Might as well put it here XD

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

I have never watched her officiate, but I can guarantee you that she is better than Mike Dean and Jon Moss.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

wow cant believe he did that

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Golefty Never seen that video? That I can't believe, its a classic. Anyway, Peter Niemeyer has become somewhat famous because of it, the inccident is even reported on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Niemeyer

• History

@Golefty Never seen that video? That I can't believe, its a classic. Anyway, Peter Niemeyer has become famous because of it, the inccident is even reported on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Niemeyer

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Oh it was an accident, that is too funny lol
She took it pretty well , shes clealy an OG

• History

Oh it was an accident, that is too funny lol