Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BREAKING NEWS: Man Utd let Schweinsteiger join Chicago Fire in the MLS!!!
DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

He is only 32! I'm saying only, but Ibra is 35 similar to Carrick and Mou has just let him go like that! I can't believe it! He is a very good experienced player and is as solid as a rock in midfield... i don't quite know what Mou was thinking, but oh well...

What do you people think? :)

Comments
saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Never really played for us, and when he did he didn't make enough of an impact. He will remain a German legend and Man Utd fans will remember him fondly, but from a non-sentimental point of view it frees up a lot of money used for his wages.

Sad to see him go but it's best for all parties.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Bastian is no Zlatan.

He barely did things according to his name if you ask me but who can blame him 32 injuries and not much playing time.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

He should have left already.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

United really didn't handle this very well. We essentially kept a player who is an obvious starter elsewhere on the bench for two years for no apparent reason.

Bastian is a classy guy, and didn't deserve that.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

He's one of my favorite players. I'd love to see him back in Germany again. Maybe playing for Bayern? :(

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Man, why for Chicago Fire? He could have joined much better team in the MLS... Like Montreal Impact for example. :D

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've talked to a bunch of Fire fans about it and they aren't really happy at all. The Fire already upgraded their midfield and if they were going to waste money on someone, the fans were hoping it'd be a winger. That and the Steven Gerrard debacle is still pretty fresh in the mind of league fans, so no one is thrilled to see another old CM come into the league.

That being said, Bastian is 4 years younger than Gerrard was and has a better work ethic - but he still doesn't fit into what the Fire play, which is 2 CDM's and a CAM. So it looks like Bastian is a CAM now.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Can Bastian thrive as a CAM in the MLS? That doesn't seem like it'll be an easy adaptation.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Very sad indeed, but he will always be the Bastian I remember from Bayern Munich. Glad he joined us after, and very best of luck to him, his wife, and his future.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Can Bastian thrive as a CAM in the MLS? That doesn't seem like it'll be an easy adaptation.

I'm very skeptical. Aside from the asswhooping Chicago took to Atlanta, they've been very good so far, and I doubt they'll change their system just to include him if he can't figure it out.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@SunFlash I disagree, every player can bring some thing on the table. May be he's not suitable for the current squad's update but these guys need him on and ALSO OFF the field. his experiences.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Easy money, he was serious with Bayern and Germany ;)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tuan_jinn True, question is, will he be willing to share his experience?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tuan_jinn True, question is, will he be willing to share his experience? Also, did he learn English at United?