Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League quarter-final: Sevilla vs Bayern
Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Not as interesting as the other game but who know, Sevilla vs Bayern could end up more interesting than we think, after all, Bayern have had many hardship against Spanish team in the past. Still, its hard not to expect a convincing win by the German in today's game. But what do you guys think? Will Bayern win? Easily? Not at all? Will Sevilla suprise us all? Share your thought and prediction guys! ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Not as interesting as the other game but who know, Sevilla vs Bayern could end up more interesting than we think, after all, Bayern have had many hardship against Spanish team in the past. Still, its hard not to expect a convincing win by the German in today's game.

Comments
Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I think we will concede one. I also hope we will score more than one. Never underestimate any team in this round (or round before), I'd be suprised if they don't show good resistance. But Heynckes vs Montella is as unbalanced manager battle as it can get, so I hope we won't have any problems here.

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

While Bayern did dominate most of the game, I gotta say, Sevilla were extremely unlucky. Two harsh own goals, despite the amazing work done by the goalkeeper. Going into the Alianz arena I'm pretty sure Sevilla has nothing but pride to play for, but we'll see.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Soccer Yeah and to be fair, a 2-1 lose at home is still not that bad a results imo. Team tend to be unlucky against Bayern though, which is kind of sad. :(

Croatian 6 years ago

My laptop failed me, ended up not watching the game...

What should I say? Thank God it was away match, not home. Fair fight to Sevilla and they atleast showed they deserve to be in quarters.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Sevilla missed easy goals and it costed them, also conceding cheap goals.... experience won.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Yeah, to be fair, Sevilla were really unlucky, if their player wouldn't touched that shot by Ribery and that header by Thiago, it could have been a victory for them. Still, like you said, experience played a role.

@Croatian To be fair, I expected a bit better from Bayern, especially considering how Real performed much better against Real away. Like someone said in the highlight, 3-0 for Bayern and 2-1 for Real would have been a more predictable score. :P Still, Bayern got 2 away goal now and I can't see them lose at home, so its all good.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

looks like jupp heynckes is kind of giving chance to javi martinez and bernat, but I think rudy and rafinha is much better. not starting robben is also showing the lack of pace. despite all that, I think bayern are surely semifinalist, jupp has too much experience in the champions league to setup his team against all kinds of opposition.

Croatian 6 years ago Edited

looks like jupp heynckes is kind of giving chance to javi martinez and bernat, but I think rudy and rafinha is much better.

Giving chance to Javi?

If there was anyone who cemented place in first XI, it's Javi, he is sublime. He had literal game saving tackle that match.

Bernat's injuries didn't help in his development either. Last time he was continously good was under Pep.

Rudy < Javi
Bernat ~ Rafinha

Rafinha was inconsistent this season and defensive liability, literally same as Bernat. His last match was really good though.

not starting robben is also showing the lack of pace.

IMO if anyone deserved to start it was James.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

looks like jupp heynckes is kind of giving chance to javi martinez and bernat, but I think rudy and rafinha is much better.

Giving chance to Javi?

If there was anyone who cemented place in first XI, it's Javi, he is sublime. He had literal game saving tackle that match.

Bernat's injuries didn't help in his development either. Last time he was continously good was under Pep.

Rudy < Javi
Bernat ~ Rafinha

Rafinha was inconsistent this season and defensive liability, literally same as Bernat. His last match was reay though.

not starting robben is also showing the lack of pace.

IMO if anyone deserved to start it was James.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@thebaldgenius @Croatian Yeah, I agree with Croatian, Javi is really good and did really well on that game, he actually pulled off a tackle in the box which was very important. Beside, its better to use Javi while he is still in his prime, Rudy will get plenty of playing time in the future. :D

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@croatian I guess you're right about javi. I think rudy is more of fabregas and javi is more of kante and there is tolisso, from those 3 off course the defensive minded ones is javi. I see vidal starting all games. :p