{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Championship play-off final offers £290m prize
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Nothing compares to the Championship play-off final for financial rewards

enter image description here
On Monday, Huddersfield Town and Reading will battle it out for what is considered the most valuable match in world football.

Promotion to the Premier League for either club will see an uplift in revenue of at least £170m, rising to more than £290m if they survive their first season in the Premier League. The higher up the Premier League the club finishes in 2017/18, the higher their revenue will be (£2m per finishing position). Over the past 10 seasons to 2016/17, 18 (60 per cent) of the 30 promoted clubs have avoided relegation in their first season in the Premier League.

Huddersfield Town v Reading

Date: Monday 29th May 2017

Kick-off: 3:00pm

Venue: Wembley Stadium

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Holly shit !! Really ???!! With that money spent they should be able to buy top players and challenge for title ------ Logic of modern fans

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Good news for the French selling clubs lol

nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

come on huddersfield :DDDDDDDDDD

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Yep, such an important game. Who do you reckon will go through? I recall that the losing team will receive all revenue from the said game. A small comfort considering what the winner is given.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

come on huddersfield :DDDDDDDDDD

Just curious, why?

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I'll be backing Huddersfield as well, and hope many Chelsea fans will be too.

Because we have Kasey Palmer and Izzy Jay Brown on loan there. I believe Kasey is injured, but I hope to see Izzy put in a shift in the final.

I honestly feel like a promotion with Huddersfield will be key to Izzy's development, as I think they are keen on having him for next season, and Premier League football is just what he needs.

A couple years ago Bamford and his Boro side lost the final to Norwich I believe, so Boro stayed in the championship where Bamford won POTY over Dele Alli who won YPOTY. We know what's happened since, Delli's top class and Bamford's been on loan with Palace, Norwich, and Burnley with no success, not getting any chances in the PL. Now he's back with Boro, in the championship for next season. Had Boro won that final a couple years back, they would have been starting him in the PL, and those PL minutes could've turned him into something special. The potential is still there, waiting to be unlocked.

So, Up Huddersfield!

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

KTBFFHSWE

Because he is a Liverpool fan. Klopp and Huddersfield manager are good friends, and Klopp wants Huddersfield to win. That's how it works I guess.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

@eden

Interesting point of view . I never looked at it that way . I was really hoping Bamford will turn into regular in Chelsea .

I will be supporting Huddersfield even though i hate to pronounce their name .

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I'm supporting Huddersfield, because of our loan players and because of their manager David Wagner and what he's done for them (19th last year, playoffs this year.)

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Kasey Palmer is on now!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is insane :D

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Good on you huddersfield

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Congrats Huddersfield!! We'll see you in the Premier League!! Good luck! :)

nandaYNWA 7 years ago Edited

IVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY FOR ANOTHER TEAM BEFORE

from 19th to promotion...ur a genius wagner

@MKTBFFHSWE, there is a youtuber i watch who is a huddersfield fan. but also yes, the klopp, mooy (hes australian) and ward (in loan from us) connections ;p

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@MKTBFFHSWE, there is a youtuber i watch who is a huddersfield fan. but also yes, the klopp connection ;p

@MKTBFFHSWE, there is a youtuber i watch who is a huddersfield fan. but also yes, the klopp and mooy (hes australian) connection ;p

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Congrats Huddersfield!

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Completely missed the game. Huddersfield.. who would have thought.

Nice analysis @eden. Although I doubt they'll ever get a real chance in Chelsea.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

Huddersfield will win the league next year

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

With how they played I will be very surprised if they actually stay, to be said, they didn't even score a goal in 3 play off games and still got into EPL, that's amazing.

nandaYNWA 7 years ago

they scored one ;) ^^^^^^