Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

CL Quarters : Man City vs Liverpool talk.( Anfield )
tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

well If someone can do same with Madrid- Juve, im avoiding threads about Madrid for obvious reasons...

enter image description here

The Premier League's two most prolific outfits will pit their firepower against each other in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, as Liverpool welcome Manchester City to Anfield for what will be a tremendous occasion.

In the first leg of this quarter-final tie, City, the runaway leaders in the Premier League, will be seeking to tame what'll be a hostile atmosphere on Merseyside. However, Pep Guardiola's team have overcome most challenges that have been put in front of them in 2017-18.

Liverpool are the only team to have beaten the Manchester outfit in the top flight this season. The Reds will be confident of repeating that result, especially given star forward Mohamed Salah's sensational recent form.

A feast of ferocious and fantastic football is in store. Here are all the viewing details, to ensure a minute of this one isn't missed, and a preview of one of the standout last-eight matches.

Sometimes matches between domestic rivals in the Champions League are a little underwhelming, but anyone who enjoys football will be looking forward to the tussle between these two enterprising outfits.

The onus will be on Liverpool in the first leg, as they'll be roared on by their supporters with memories of their 4-3 win over City in mind from earlier in the campaign.

With Salah in such stunning form, the Reds will feel as though they can accomplish anything, too. After another goal to secure a late win for Liverpool at Crystal Palace on Saturday, football writer Andrew Beasley put the Egyptian's goalscoring exploits into context:

And, as noted below, Salah's extraordinary form has been causing quite a stir back in his homeland:

In addition to Salah, City will have the elusive Roberto Firmino and the dynamic Sadio Mane to cope with at Anfield. Guardiola will want to see his side do a better job here than they did in January, when the trio ran riot.

Yet City won't take a backwards step against Liverpool, and against Everton in the Premier League on Saturday, they were at their sizzling best, with Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling pulling the Toffees apart in a stunning first-half show.

In the game against Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the season, the Reds smothered City in midfield, pouncing on Fernandinho whenever he was in possession and stopping the supply line from the Brazilian into David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne.

It'll be intriguing to see how Guardiola looks to go about combatting that press. However, as relayed by Kristof Terreur of Het Laatste Nieuws, the midfield linchpin appears better prepared for dealing with that type of challenge based on his performance on Saturday:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will want to see his players make the most of the atmosphere and start quickly against City. If they can do that, get Salah into the game and upset City's mechanical passing, then they have a chance of taking an advantage to the Etihad Stadium for the second leg.

Yet the visitors appear ready for this almighty challenge. City are well-rested, in form and seemingly focused ahead of the biggest week in their season so far. They'll match Liverpool and give themselves an edge at the midpoint of this tantalising tie.

Prediction B/R: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City

From Bleacher report. ( copy pasted dont have time to make mine sadly ) probably later if people could participate on Polls you're welcome.

My prediction : 3-1 Liverpool, Pep to play like in the league, Klopp to use same way that stopped City from buildind up triangles and isolate the player with the ball. Salah to score a brace lol.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

well If someone can do same with Madrid- Juve, im avoiding threads about Madrid for obvious reasons...

The Premier League's two most prolific outfits will pit their firepower against each other in the UEFA Champions League on Wednesday, as Liverpool welcome Manchester City to Anfield for what will be a tremendous occasion.

In the first leg of this quarter-final tie, City, the runaway leaders in the Premier League, will be seeking to tame what'll be a hostile atmosphere on Merseyside. However, Pep Guardiola's team have overcome most challenges that have been put in front of them in 2017-18.

Liverpool are the only team to have beaten the Manchester outfit in the top flight this season. The Reds will be confident of repeating that result, especially given star forward Mohamed Salah's sensational recent form.

A feast of ferocious and fantastic football is in store. Here are all the viewing details, to ensure a minute of this one isn't missed, and a preview of one of the standout last-eight matches.

Sometimes matches between domestic rivals in the Champions League are a little underwhelming, but anyone who enjoys football will be looking forward to the tussle between these two enterprising outfits.

The onus will be on Liverpool in the first leg, as they'll be roared on by their supporters with memories of their 4-3 win over City in mind from earlier in the campaign.

With Salah in such stunning form, the Reds will feel as though they can accomplish anything, too. After another goal to secure a late win for Liverpool at Crystal Palace on Saturday, football writer Andrew Beasley put the Egyptian's goalscoring exploits into context:

And, as noted below, Salah's extraordinary form has been causing quite a stir back in his homeland:

In addition to Salah, City will have the elusive Roberto Firmino and the dynamic Sadio Mane to cope with at Anfield. Guardiola will want to see his side do a better job here than they did in January, when the trio ran riot.

Yet City won't take a backwards step against Liverpool, and against Everton in the Premier League on Saturday, they were at their sizzling best, with Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Raheem Sterling pulling the Toffees apart in a stunning first-half show.

In the game against Liverpool at Anfield earlier in the season, the Reds smothered City in midfield, pouncing on Fernandinho whenever he was in possession and stopping the supply line from the Brazilian into David Silva and Kevin De Bruyne.

It'll be intriguing to see how Guardiola looks to go about combatting that press. However, as relayed by Kristof Terreur of Het Laatste Nieuws, the midfield linchpin appears better prepared for dealing with that type of challenge based on his performance on Saturday:

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp will want to see his players make the most of the atmosphere and start quickly against City. If they can do that, get Salah into the game and upset City's mechanical passing, then they have a chance of taking an advantage to the Etihad Stadium for the second leg.

Yet the visitors appear ready for this almighty challenge. City are well-rested, in form and seemingly focused ahead of the biggest week in their season so far. They'll match Liverpool and give themselves an edge at the midpoint of this tantalising tie.

Prediction B/R: Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City

From Bleacher report. ( copy pasted dont have time to make mine sadly ) probably later if people could participate on Polls you're welcome.

My prediction : 3-1 Liverpool, Pep to play like in the league, Klopp to use same way that stopped City from buildind up triangles and isolate the player with the ball. Salah to score a brace lol.

Comments
JaapStam 6 years ago
Manchester United, Australia 2 268

I thnk plenty of goals. Liverpool to go through by one goal on aggregate or on away goals.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

For me match of the season. As a Bayern fan I won't be able to focus on the overall game because, if we go through, I have feeling we will get whoever passes this tie. I'd much rather go against Barca because I know head-to-head it's gonna be tight match that could go in any direction... and I can't predict this one.

Liverpool is amazing and probably most dangerous team around. Even though we have one of the best defensive lines out there, there is no team that can say ahead of the game that they can stop Salah, Mane and Bobby. Especially since Alaba and Kimmich aren't so good defensively to be in top-tier of fullbacks in that area. So yeah, I fear Liverpool. Our attack can rip their defence if we set up solid build-up. Will we? Klopp's pressing isn't really something we go against a lot.

City can be blocked but if anyone makes a single small mistake, they're gonna punish it, and Pep works on it. Biggest hope is that City is relatively unexperienced in CL. Which shouldn't matter much if they pass since they're basically a machine at the moment.

Liverpool will replicate their tactic from last match, and City's reaction will decide the first leg. Second will be more cautious from both sides but I expect goalfests in both legs.

2-2 IMO.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

If Barça goes through, i defo want a PL team in the next round. we got players who love PL teams to play against, sad we cant use Coutinho in CL. but then again if ALBA-Iniesta keep their form, the left flank will be okay...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Could be a lot of goal, I'm pretty sure both team should manage to win but the moment one of those get the momentum could be the difference. It will be a very intriguing game for sure. I'm really hoping to see Salah perform in that game, it would be a great boost for the Reds.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

lots of goal, open game and the ball passing and shift would be quick. expect some nasty tackles because of the game speed. Ederson is the key man whenever city is pressed. neither manager will change their tactics. over the 2 legs, city but in anfield, I see liverpool edging 3-2 or 4-3 again like last time.

NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

I rather not underestimate Man City. With Pep, who knew what could happen. 3-1 for Man City for me. I see City going all out attack in this one.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i was confident. then we got injuries to lallana, gomez, matip and can. fml.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@nanda Lallana and Gomez doesn't seem too bad to me but Matip and Can is huge blow for sure.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

gomez is probably the biggest of the lot. weve been rotating him and TAA for the whole season bc clyne has been injured. gomez is more defensive minded while TAA is offensive. in this game, we need someone who is defensive bc theyll be up against sane. while TAA is quicker, his positioning is awful. ideally youd want clyne, who is a combination of the two, but shit happens.

can is a miss but he can be replaced more or less by wijnaldum. i think lovren wouldve played this game anyway, so matip probably isnt a massive miss anyway. weve been rotating them such that matip plays against low lying teams whole lovren plays against teams who have more possession than us. lallana wouldnt have started, probably come off the bench, so not a massive miss as well.

i hope i dont jinx it but thank fuck mane/salah/bobby are fit.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Nanda Yeah, those 3 are key player for Liverpool and already, having those 3 should be of massive help. I just hope they will be in form in that game. :D

Lodatz 6 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I guess 1-2, for the first leg.

• History

I guess 1-2.

10 1583

as I said again mourinho have shown that precise long ball is the best way to evade pressing football, the reason pep wants ederson and not hart would be shown in this game. pirlo passing goalkeeper is important when you can't play short pass from the back. hard to predict because detail adjustment based on previous encounter would make a great difference. one thing that's for sure, it's never 0-0.

amir_keal 6 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

High scoring draw

thebaldgenius

What is the team you support? Not in this tie, but in general. Or are you a neutral fan?

• History

High scoring draw

10 1583

tbh, I support attacking teams like barca, city, arsenal and not a fan of mourinho. I like to put myself as neutral because fanboys these days are getting too toxic no offense. messi vs ronaldo, messi vs salah, just enjoy their play :p

Lodatz 6 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

lol holy sh*t!

Liverpool stomping City in 30 minutes.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

thebaldgenius

Indeed! I think you are also enjoying this game here lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Lodatz Yeah, its not exactly the scenario we expected for the first leg but lets not forget Liverpool are much better when they play at home.

Edit: By the way, why is nobody in the livescore?

• History

@Lodatz Yeah, its not exactly the scenario we expected for the first leg but lets not forget Liverpool are much better when they play at home.

10 1583

as expected you can't pass and play from the back with liverpool. hate to admit but mourinho is right this time.

raimondo90 6 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Eh, even if this ends 3-2 or 3-1 I feel its still very managable for City at home. But Liverpool are killing it in the midfield. Some seriously sloppy defense on the 1st and 3rd goal.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, from what I heard, KDB will miss the game at the Etihad? Seem like bad news for me. Very good results from Liverpool, I don't think its over just yet but if the reds play well away and score at least a goal, I think its in the pocket for them. Wouldn't mind seeing them play Bayern in the semi if they go trough. :D