Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Club that could challenge the current hierarchy in their league.
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, hopefully, this post won't get as ignored as the last I did. :P

But on with the thread, I wanted to share with you what are the club are those that I believe could challenge the current hierarchy in their league. Team that either got serious upgrade in term of manager or in term of ressource. Clearly, the most obvious one are those who got increased ressource, like Milan, Inter or Marseille, all team who had recent takeover and some better increase in their income as well. Team like Nice, Leipzig and Herta have all shown great ambition in last season and I think its fair to say there is a chance that they'll try to repeat this. On the other hand, some club like Nantes, Inter and Roma have gotten a new manager and could suprise us. Other club like Everton or Borrusia Dortmund are progressing slowly but surely with smart transfer. So anyway, what do you think? Wich club do you think will challenge for top position in their league? Wich of those underdog could potentialy challenge the top gun?

Mine are those that I mostly mentioned already on this post. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, hopefully, this post won't get as ignored as the last I did. :P

But on with the thread, I wanted to share with you what are the club are those that I believe could challenge the current hierarchy in their league. Team that either got serious upgrade in term of manager or in term of ressource. Clearly, the most obvious one are those who got increased ressource, like Milan, Inter or Marseille, all team who had recent takeover and some better resource as well. Team like Nice, Leipzig and Herta have all shown great ambition in last season and I think its fair to say there is a chance that they'll try to repeat this. On the other hand, some club like Nantes, Inter and Roma have gotten a new manager and could suprise us. Other club like Everton or Borrusia Dortmund are progressing slowly but surely with smart transfer. So anyway, what do you think? Wich club do you think will challenge for top position in their league? Wich of those underdog could potentialy challenge the top gun?

Mine are those that I mostly mentioned already on this post. ;)

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Newcastle and Southampton feel like good shouts for the EPL. Don't really know enough about the other leagues to make a judgement though.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Hopefully the Milan clubs. Haven't seen me a good Milan team in 5+ years.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Agreed with you, Newcastle have a solid manager and an impressive side who manage to make it back into the PL season only after getting relegated. And Southampton, well, they are alway a decent team. Especially now that they might manage to keep their player. :)

@Dynast I'm with you there, AC Milan in particular have been very active in the transfer window, getting some very talented player to be fair while Inter has just gotten the manager who took Roma to second place in the league. I'm really hopefull to see Serie A develop something of a big five (Juve, Roma, Napoli and the two Milan) or a big six (with Lazio). :)

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I'm really gunning for Everton to push into the European football places this season, and would lovea top 4 finish from them. The signings they have made so far seem pretty good Not likely I know, but Leicester.....
Also shootout to Southhampton, I'd love them to do well.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Başakşehir already challenged us this year when they finished 2nd, 9 points ahead of Galatasaray and Fenerbahçe. I expect Antalyaspor and Başakşehir to challenge the top guns in Süper League next season.
In Europe, I'd like to see Milan teams doing better and my favourite Leipzig. I actually hope and expect Leipzig to play at least Rof16 in Champions League.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Currently I dont think many teams can compete with the top 3 in each league. Milan has certainly made the most signings and it remains to be seen if they do well.
I think United is going to challenge and get into top 4 next season so perhaps they will make a title push.

I really do want to see Leipzig in the CL. with a very solid game plan and a few improvements they should trouble good teams.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Not that I have a problem with your opinion but Newcastle has terrible owners and club management is awful . Although I always thought and wished for them to challenge top 4 . Seem like a cool club .

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Rafa's an excellent manager and the owners/club executives woke up when Newcastle got relegated. Wouldn't be shocked to see them finish top 10.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sun Also, Rafa got experience in the PL, so I wouldn't expect Newcastle to have to worry too much about relegation. However, their best chance at winning something this season might be in the league cup or even maybe FA cup but they would have to work very hard. They also are a good side for loaning youngster so they do have potential in that regard. Atsu is playing there as well Marcus. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

If Arsenal gets the perfect signings I want them to disrupt Chelsea and Spurs rankings in England;
I still have my hopes that Sevilla can disrupt the Madrid and Barcelona clubs in Spain;
In Italy whoever can win Serie A not named Juventus will be a hero;
In France the only team I actually hope to rise up again is Montpellier.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Actually, I'm really curious to see what happen with Tottenham next season. I wish they would show sign of trying to strengthen their team, it look like they are simply observing what is going now at the moment. :S

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Another team to look out for that i completely forgot about is Lille. Bielsa has taken over and he is well known in France. Few good signings and players adapting to his style and they'll be top 4 for sure.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo Good shout! Tottaly forgot about them. Gonna need to keep an eye on them next season.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

EPL - I predict Tottenham, City and Chelsea in title race, with Arsenal, Liverpool and United fighting for spots in Europe. However I think main suprise from mid table will either be Bournemouth or Brighton. Two very good teams. Bournemouth needs a few signings in defence and a good striker. Brighton has a couple of really good players, and they need to buy straight from PL.

La Liga - I predict Villareal to be in top 4, with Sociedad in 5th and Sevilla somewhere behind. And I think Betis will have good season if they don't sell good players.

Bundesliga - Hoffenheim and Leipzig will remain in good places however I think Werder will push forward, maybe even in CL qualification. Also not forget Hertha and Koln.

Serie A - I think Lazio and Milan teams can both endanger current top 3. I also think Sampdoria and Sassuolo will be next season's Atalanta.

Ligue 1 - Bordeaux will be in top 5.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Croatian Good prediction, wouldn't be suprise to see some of them come true.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Croatian Good prediction, wouldn't be suprise to some of them come true.