Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Did Park Chu Young make the right choice?
Jaewon 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 73

Park Chu Young went to arsenal but hardly plays, and ASM Monaco is completely failing in Ligue 2. Did he make the right choice coming to arsenal?

Comments
expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

No because he hasn't much game time.Wenger is not even place him as substitute.He will need to start to be used or he can start to find another club.

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Agreed

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

The case of Park Chu Young is one of the strangest I've seen come out of the Emirates.
Arsene hijacked his move to Lille in the last minute and wooed him to London.  However, he has played a total of 7 minutes in the EPL this season. I mean if he can't get into this Arsenal team, something's amiss. Obviously, noone's going to start over RVP, but when Wenger puts on a second striker it's always Chamakh.  He isn't even on the bench in most matches & he couldn't even get a look in Milan when all that was left to do was for us to try and score.
Some say that Wenger only signed him for the Asian Market appeal. But I highly doubt that, because would get more playing time if the goal was to garner Asian support. On the contrary, everyone in SK is pissed off (not to mention the player himself).  I can't fault him because he is the captain of arguably the best Asian NT and everyone knows he has an eye for goal... but he never even got a chance to prove himself.  
I don't know what's happening at the training ground behind the scenes but I, for one, would really like to see what he can do.  Hopefully, he'll get some opportunities soon.

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

In my opinion he should have joined Lille instead. He could have had a lot more games, but he said he wanted to play for Arsenal instead no matter what happens to him, so I guess you can't deny him for that. 

He also wanted to play for Arsenal because he was worried that he would never receive another chance to play in England. But personally I think he made the wrong decision, and he shouldn't be Korea Republic's captain. It should be Ki Sung Yueng instead.