Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Dirk Kuyt sings “You’ll Never Walk Alone” with 140,000 Feyenoord fans in Rotterdam
alferroa 7 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

Former Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt scored a hat trick on Sunday as Feyenoord Rotterdam clinched their first title in 18 years (last one in 1999).
enter image description here

The title was not easily secured by former Arsenal and Barcelona defender Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and his side, who suffered a 3-0 loss against local rivals Excelsior. However, Feyenoord players found their feet in the final game of the season to win a long-awaited title for the club, winning 3-1 against Heracles.

Feyenoord fans and players celebrated in style as they paraded the trophy on the streets on Monday. Fans climbed lampposts and lit flares as captain Dirk Kuyt lead the chants amongst Feyenoord supporters, among those chants is a powerful rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”

As one of the many clubs who has adopted "You'll Never Walk Alone" around Europe, Kuyt sang a few lines of the Anfield anthem to the Feyenoord faithful:

The scenes were lively as the Hofplein public square was filled with seas of red and white:

It looks like almost everyone joined in on the parade, including this one fan:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Former Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt scored a hat trick on Sunday as Feyenoord Rotterdam clinched their first title in 18 years (last in 1999).

The title was not easily secured by former Arsenal and Barcelona defender Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and his side, who suffered a 3-0 loss against local rivals Excelsior. However, Feyenoord players found their feet in the final game of the season to win a long-awaited title for the club.

Feyenoord fans and players celebrated in style as they paraded the trophy on the streets on Monday. Fans climbed lampposts and lit flares as captain Dirk Kuyt lead the chants amongst Feyenoord supporters, among those chants is a powerful rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone”:

As one of the many clubs who has adopted 'You'll Never Walk Alone' around Europe, Kuyt sang a few lines of the Anfield anthem to the Feyenoord faithful:

The scenes were lively as the Hofplein public square is filled with seas of red and white.

Former Liverpool hero Dirk Kuyt scored a hat trick on Sunday as Feyenoord Rotterdam clinched their first title in 18 years (last one in 1999).

The title was not easily secured by former Arsenal and Barcelona defender Giovanni Van Bronckhorst and his side, who suffered a 3-0 loss against local rivals Excelsior. However, Feyenoord players found their feet in the final game of the season to win a long-awaited title for the club.

Feyenoord fans and players celebrated in style as they paraded the trophy on the streets on Monday. Fans climbed lampposts and lit flares as captain Dirk Kuyt lead the chants amongst Feyenoord supporters, among those chants is a powerful rendition of “You’ll Never Walk Alone.”

As one of the many clubs who has adopted "You'll Never Walk Alone" around Europe, Kuyt sang a few lines of the Anfield anthem to the Feyenoord faithful:

The scenes were lively as the Hofplein public square was filled with seas of red and white:

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Man, I was so happy when I heard Feyenoord had won the ligue, its been so long since they last did and what a fitting way to win it as well. I know Dirk Kuyt might not have been the most legendary of all Liverpool player or of all Netherland player but heck did he leave a mark on the Eredivisie history with that hat-trick to win the league. :D

Edit: Also, its a beautifull scene seeing them all sing like that. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Man, I was so happy when I heard Feyenoord had won the ligue, its been so long since they last did and what a fitting way to win it as well. I know Dirk Kuyt might not have been the most legendary of all Liverpool player or of all Netherland player but heck did he leave a mark on the Eredivisie history with that hat-trick to win the league. :D

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Nice! Always happy to see him winning.
Like I said before, he is my favourite player.

alferroa 7 years ago
Liverpool, Indonesia 63 178

@emrecan_58 he is one of my all time favorite player :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I haven't seen him play in many live stream game, only a bit from the WC 2014, but I did watch a goal compilation video from his time at Liverpool and damn, they were good. :D

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

The only player at Liverpool i feared, always gave everything on the pitch!

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Dirk Kuyt announces his retirement. What a way to end it! Scores a hattrick, secures the championship and retires.
"Retiring at the top" should be defined once again for him

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emrecan Exactly, was gonna comment something similar. What a way to end your career. :)