Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL : Relegation Battle 2016/17
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Teams Relegated : Hull, Middlesbrough , and Sunderland

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

My bets would be on Hull, Swansea, and Palace.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

I Think that Leicester has a high likelihood of being relegated, Raineri will have a hard time managing relegation and champions league, and they are in very bad form.

I dont think Hull and Swansea will be relegated. Hull has mad some good changes and Swansea have been having some good performances. I think that Sigurdsson will lead them out of relegation, he is in incredible form.
So most likely to be relegated for me are, leicester, crystal palace and sunderland. Although i hope defoe manages to score 10+ goals and save sunderland.

• History

I Think that Leicester has a likelihood of being relegated, Raineri will have a hard time managing relegation and champions league, and they are in very bad form.

I dont think Hull and Swansea will be relegated. Hull has mad some good changes and Swansea have been having some good performances. I think that Sigurdsson will lead them out of relegation, he is in incredible form.
So most likely to be relegated for me are, leicester, crystal palace and sunderalnd. Although i hope defoe manages to score 10+ goals and save sunderland.

I Think that Leicester has a high likelihood of being relegated, Raineri will have a hard time managing relegation and champions league, and they are in very bad form.

So most likely to be relegated for me are, leicester, crystal palace and sunderalnd. Although i hope defoe manages to score 10+ goals and save sunderland.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Sunderland Leicester and Boro.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty No, not Leicester. :(

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

oh, I like this thread! Always an interesting topic and quite often one is left surprised by the end of the season :)

I would even go so far to say it's possible that Burnley (29p) and 12th in the league could be relegated. There's 13 games to go (39 potential points). It happens quite often actually that teams that are on the lower side of the table and about to be relegated put on an amazing run. Remember Leicester 2 seasons ago? They actually started playing great the season BEFORE they went on to win the league (when they were in th3e bottom facing relegation). anyways, I had my money on Burnley, Swansea and Hull when we last discussed this topic a few months ago which seemed a pretty safe bet then.

Actually I still say Burnley (perhaps add them to the poll?) They have only managed narrow wins against lower opposition..

Together with Hull.. (Even though they just beat freaking Pool with 2-0..)

And.. Bournemouth..

Leicester is seriously facing relegation too though.. what is happening to last seasons team? Perhaps is was thanks to Kante.. players seem to be revolting against Ranieri now too.. sort of like Chelsea did to Mou..

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Actually you need to add more teams to the list :) My money's on Bournemouth and Burnley..

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

I'm hoping for Sunderland to be relegated. Hull is going to escape relegation, I think.
Swansea and Bournemouth to go down as well.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i hope hull city and swansea go

amir_keal 7 years ago

Burnley have the 4th best home record. I don't like to say only home keeps you up, but the performances they put up at home were actually pretty good.

People say Leicester because when UCL took a break Leicester didn't take their opportunity. They also don't have the best fixtures. If they beat Sevilla ( the way they played last season and in ucl bar Porto), it could be a bad thing, as the players could be fatigued. They look like they want UCL, but I doubt they will get it. For me, it's a loss loss, and that's why I think they will go down. On Kante, I would have liked him to stay, to see how a team like Leicester defends like title, but at the same time, other players are also simply not performing. An example is Wes Morgan. He certainly looks like someone different, he doesn't look composed, and attackers get past him too easily. I doubt Leicester would be first even if they had Kante.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

i hope leicester go down

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@amir But you don't understand, Burnley is the only team I offcially don't like. They cannot remain in the PL for another season. (Joke)

@gonzi Any reason in particular?

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

I understood that leicester achieved something amazing, but at one point in that season, everyone bandwaggoned so hard, even fans of teams who were in the top 6. I was never a fan, never will be, i didn't bandwagon. I distanced myself...mostly because i hate people who bandwagon...no one knew (mostly everyone) who leicester were before last year

• History

I understood that leicester achieved something amazing, but at one point in that season, everyone bandwaggoned so hard, even fans of teams who were in the top 6. I was never a fan, never will be, i didn't bandwagon. I distanced myself...mostly because i hate people who bandwagon...no one knew (mostly everyone) who leicester was before last year

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Gonzi Funny thing, I alway liked Leicester, well, since they escaped relegation two year ago and since I learned they beated MU 5-3. Back then though, I mostly only liked them for their emblem, I really like fox. :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

LOL Sunderland is looooongg due !!! Idk how they stayed up in EPL for so many seasons ...

Anfieldismyhome 7 years ago
Liverpool, Kenya 0 7

sunderland is an experienced team when it comes to relegation battles i think they will escape just like they have always done but crystal palace are definetly going down
middlesbrough,burnley, hull city will via for the two slots

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

I think Swansea, Palace and Sunderland will go down.

Sam Allardyce is not really having the famous impact he always has on relegation threatened team right now. Crystal Palace look clueless and I think they'll be going down.

On the other hand, Hull's transformation has been immense. In not even one month since they've appointed Marco Silva, they've drawn one and won one against us, and also defeated Liverpool.

I don't want to see Aitor Karanka to go down. I really like the guy XD

@Gonzi I don't quite understand what you mean. A team that wins the title in such unexpected circumstances will obviously gain a huge number of fans and interest around the world. You can't expect everyone to distance themselves from such an amazing achievment. When United couldn't mathematically couldn't win the league, I wanted Leicester to win it. Nothing wrong in wanting them to win when your team has 0% chance of winning.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Sunderland will not be able to do their thing this year. Boro and Swansea are the others I vote to be relegated. I don't know why but I somehow believe Crystal Palace will escape from the battle sooner than any other team.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

"On the other hand, Hull's transformation has been immense. In not even one month since they've appointed Marco Silva, they've drawn one and won one against us, and also defeated Liverpool."

But their squad is still ridiculously thin. New manager = they'll have momentum for a month or two. Won't be enough..

Sunderladn are well experienced with relegation battles and usually steps up their game in the end..

Crystal Palace.. their squad is just to good..even though they have looked pretty damn clueless lately.. But I think they'll find their feet again soon..

Again.. Middlesbrough and Burnley however.. Middlesbrouigh just lost Ake and he was superb for them.. they're weak in the back..

Swansea has looked terrible all season, but all of a sudden them too are starting to find their feet..

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

@saatvik I understand your reasoning, i really have nothing bad to say or if you want to support them when your team couldn't win mathematically is fine i guess. I support my teams and no one else.

• History

@saatvik I understand your reasoning, i really have nothing bad to say or if you want to support them when your team couldn't win mathematically win is fine i guess. I support my teams and no one else.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Ake wasn't at Boro. He was at Bournemouth.

Gonzi, I share the same viewpoint as him to be honest. As soon as Arsenal was out the race mathematically, I had to choose between our biggest London rivals and Leicester. As a Juventus fan, would you rather see Torino win the league, or Palermo for example? Plus, Leicester is a 'small' team, so it was unexpected.

Sunderland will surely go down. Poor transfers and terrible manager. I've said if either Defoe or Pickford goes, so does Sunderland. The former is out for a while, but that will cost Sunderland hugely. I personally want them to go down, seeing year after year them scarping through. They have no ambition.