Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

European team of the season by who scored :
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

enter image description here

Seeing Alcantara/Alves there makes me nervous...

Comments
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Otamendi is joke lol

Cristiano7Ronaldo 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Portugal 7 36

Very bad team without the king of all Cristiano Arragantaldo for Real and Sportugal.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Not really a good team!

tiki_taka 7 years ago

^ Maybe but it's fair to judge players on their performances rather than their names....

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

After Otamendi performances I wouldn't even put him into top 5 epl defenders this season, yet european tots

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

No Real Madrid players uhh okay... :/

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Otamendi was solid, but he didn't really have a good season, and I watched a lot of City games. There is no way in my mind he is part of an English TOTS, let alone a European one.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

A lot of players don't deserve to be there, not only Otamendi. I've also noticed how that team is highly dominated by Serie A players. I do watch Serie A a few times, but probably not as much as EPL + La Liga. Donnarumma does not deserve to be there. Same with Fazio. Same with Alves. Same with Dzeko. Let's not forget players like Otamendi which has already been pointed out. Neymar is also kinda meh. Other than that the team is fine.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Over 38 games they got the best mark in their position, maybe they aren't popular but that's the addition of 38 ratings over a season, see if you focus on stats you get unexpected results.
For Madrid reason why they did not get high marks is their strong collective, also the fact that Kroos and Modric were the highest rated, they had some period of inconsistency but the monster squad Prevented them from any points loss which is the reason they have ATM the best squad in the world.

I know many of you are pure stats lovers ( probably when it suits initial opinion ) here is the most complete stat which take into consideration all the criteria not just goals or assists, and stil that remains misleading at times...

Im surprised like you because I don't watch many Donnaroma or Juve games, but if they got that mark and it was the Highest in that position, I accept it or at least take it into consideration.

Otamendi is a monster, don't know about how you see him playing at City but at Valencia he was probably top 3 in Spain, still surprised tho to see him with that mark looking at City defensive problems. Even more when I saw Neymar being higher than Messi. But arguably these marks may have explanation. Waiting for Opta ones.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Over 38 games they got the best mark in their position, maybe they aren't popular but that's the addition of 38 ratings over a season, see if you focus on stats you get unexpected results.
For Madrid reason why they did not get high marks is their strong collective, also the fact that Kroos and Modric were the highest rated, they had some period of inconsistency but the monster squad Prevented them from any points loss which is the reason they have ATM the best squad in the world.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

I remember that Otamendi was the highest rated CB in the transfer window when he moved to City and I was disappointed that United didn't collect on him. That being said, City's defense last season was just not good, especially given the amount of possession they had. Otamendi in particular, while probably their best defender, made several calamitous errors that led to goals that I can remember. To suggest that there is no better CB in all of Europe is plainly ridiculous to me. To say that Neymar had a better season than Messi is equally uncompelling, especially considering his end product. Great, he's a successful dribbler. Show me that it led to something. Before you come after me for that, the 2nd place in successful dribbles went to Wilfred Zaha. Clearly a credible metric.

In any case, one correlation that bears watching in WhoScored is that of possession, as a whole, teams that have overwhelming possession do well in their formula. Otamendi may simply be there because he completed hundreds of passes, rather than the goals that he was directly responsible for. Who knows. The explanation for Otamendi's inclusion is incredibly weak. He's isn't in the top 10 in Europe in a single statistic, and the mistakes he made are somehow unaccounted for.

EDIT: According to this site, David De Gea is rated 27th out of the 29 players who are currently on United's roster. F*ck this site, their formula is so broken.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I remember that Otamendi was the highest rated CB in the transfer window when he moved to City and I was disappointed that United didn't collect on him. That being said, City's defense last season was just not good, especially given the amount of possession they had. Otamendi in particular, while probably their best defender, made several calamitous errors that led to goals that I can remember. To suggest that there is no better CB in all of Europe is plainly ridiculous to me. To say that Neymar had a better season than Messi is equally uncompelling, especially considering his end product. Great, he's a successful dribbler. Show me that it led to something. Before you come after me for that, the 2nd place in successful dribbles went to Wilfred Zaha. Clearly a credible metric.

In any case, one correlation that bears watching in WhoScored is that of possession, as a whole, teams that have overwhelming possession do well in their formula. Otamendi may simply be there because he completed hundreds of passes, rather than the goals that he was directly responsible for. Who knows. The explanation for Otamendi's inclusion is incredibly weak. He's isn't in the top 10 in Europe in a single statistic, and the mistakes he made are somehow unaccounted for.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Forsberg there? And otamrndi and dzeko?? Oh god...

BlaugranaDude 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 0 414

To be fair Dzeko was Capocannonieri in ths Serie A. I can't say anything about Fazio or Donnaruma because there aren't many Serie A matches aired where I live. I have heard that Forsberg had a fantastic season for Leipzig though. Idk how good Alex Sandro was Juve but I doubt he was as consistent as Marcelo was for Real Madrid. Same with Dani and Carvajal. I'd love to hear the opinions of people who watch Serie A regularly. Otamendi being there is definitely a joke though.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Dzeko did have a ridonclous season. Not complaining there.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Sandro was amazing and definitely deserves to be there, Forsbers had amazing season as well.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Here's Otamendi's season :

tiki_taka 7 years ago

After seeing this I'm less surprised by the rating but still surprised no defender got a better mark.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@tiki

I'm not sure which stats they are prioritizing in their formula, so I can't argue with it because I just don't have the information. That being said, I stand by this:

According to this site, David De Gea is rated 27th out of the 29 players who are currently on United's roster. F*ck this site, their formula is so broken.

Real are willing to pay 60M to make this guy their starting keeper for the forseeable future. He isn't worse than Axel Tuanzebe. Yet, that's what their rating says.

Phenohyte 7 years ago
3 122

Whoscored is useless when it comes to goalkeepers, they are severely underrated. Not sure how Otamendi, Fazio, Neymar and Dzeko got there, they should be nowhere near IMO. The rest is OK in my book.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Ramos Marcelo carvajal
Modric kross Casemiro
Ronaldo Isco

Not in this is a total joke those stats you can set on fire.