Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Everton Luiz Left the Field in Tears After Racist Chants
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

It's freaking 2017 and we still see these kind of awful insults. This thread is to support him.

One of Serbia's top football clubs, Partizan Belgrade, has condemned racist chanting during a match that reduced one of its players, Brazilian midfielder Everton Luiz, to tears. BBC Link

enter image description here

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Logically people should've figured out by now that humanity is enough of a shared trait where things like borders and colors are irrelevant in the scope of our own species existence.

Too bad emotion runs the world.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

What can you expect? It's Serbia, where these things are normal. Also, you say it's 2017 like it's the world peaking moment for good. You have to comprehend environment where it's due, even if it's not good

You still have to feel sorry for Luiz though. That's quite harsh.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

cruelty, not acceptable.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't think that event is normal for Serbia, BBC tends to overblow things when it comes to countries they dislike and one of them is Serbia so I wouldn't take that article so seriously.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think that event is normal for Serbia, BBC tends to overblow things when it comes to countries they dislike and one of them is Serbia so I wouldn't take that article so seriously.

That's just pure denial. The club themselves is posting about it and authorities are involved. Embrace reality, jeez.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't deny that something happened but that player wouldn't even come to play there if those things were "normal" for that country.

It's some low life people that insulted the player, tell me one country in Europe where there is no racism, you can't.
This is not even relevant for top European football, I remember Dani Alves getting bananas thrown at him and that's one of the best leagues in Europe but I don't recall that someone actually commented on that like it's "normal for Spain" well it's because it's not and same goes for Serbia, it's not normal if it was everyone would know it.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I don't deny that something happen but that player wouldn't even come to play there if those things were "normal" for that country.

It's some low life people that insulted the player, tell me one country in Europe where there is no racism, you can't.
This is not even relevant for top European football, I remember Dani Alves getting bananas thrown at him and that's one of the best leagues in Europe but I don't recall that someone actually commented on that like it's "normal for Spain" well it's because it's not and same goes for Serbia, it's not normal if it was everyone would know it.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/oct/17/serbian-fa-deny-racism-danny-rose-vulgar

With all due respect, if the Serbian FA has the gall to deny something that was caught continuously on video it's safe to say that if racist actions are not supported there, they sure as hell aren't punished.

Yeah, racism is a problem. It is a problem all across the world. But saying things like "BBC tends to overblow things when it comes to countries they dislike and one of them is Serbia so I wouldn't take that article so seriously" isn't helping. It's only allowing those who participated in the act more shelter that they in no way deserve.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's an isolated incident when a player confronted hooligans.
Serbia has alot of hooligans and they don't care to hurt players or insult them in any way.
But that doesn't make Serbia a racist place where those things are normal, if it was, a player from another culture wouldn't even be there in the first place.

So to counter what you said, saying that those things are normal for a country is actually discrimination towards that country which actually doesn't help. Hope I clarified it now.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

So to counter what you said, saying that those things are normal for a country is actually discrimination towards that country which actually doesn't help. Hope I clarified it now.

It's really not. White Canadians and Americans are mostly quite racist. That's a fact. I know it from personal experience. But Canadians are, on average, slightly less racist than Americans. It is not discrimination towards Americans if I say "the US is a more racist environment than Canada". Likewise with Serbia, Russia, Britain, and all the other bloody racist European nations.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2921128/vice-president-serbia-racial-abuse-partizan-everton-luiz/

Instead of trying to be useful and derail the situation, the vice president is having another dig at Luiz, calling his tears fake... This was said:

"Why don't you mention how many insults "mister" crybaby said to Nikola Drincic during the game, he hit Vladimir Rodic and showed the middle finger to the fans. But we are racist and nationalistic!

"Apparently we have to respect others more than ourselves, to be proud when in the "TITO" team (Partizan) has 7 foreign players. and then fake tears, fake "I love Serbia and I see it as my house" story.

"Well, why don't you go back to Brazil and show your dark fingers to them and swear on brazilians mothers and everything will be ok.

"NO TO RACISM (insert sarcastic smileys)."

You are right about that last part though. I'm not helping. And I know your going to say SUN isn't reliable, but it's not shocking. So there you have it.

Put it this way. If you've bought up to hate a zone of people it's likely you will do the same to your children. Diaz here isn't the only victim, hence the use of normal.

It's not right to get point the middle finger at a group of people and get phyisical to someone if it actually did happen, but it's gonna get a reaction from someone if you being attacked.

The emoji pretty much sum up what I say. I hope you don't take this as an attack, as that wasn't my intention.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Have any of you who judge Serbia ever been there?

I lived to Serbia for 3 months and all people were friendly to me, no racism and in general I wish I could live there more.

Delije and Partizan are ultras by all means, they fight, they insult but let me tell you this. The guy who I lived with has been in a Delije vs Partizan setup to fight like apes. He eventually got knocked down and after all this 3 Partizan hooligans took him to the hospital with their own car.

Some people have a passion that others do not understand but for Serbians football is a celebration, they enjoy it to the max. I am not saying that hitting people and injuring them is something I am fine with, instead I am against it but that is how things are. Do not let media propagna manipulate you to what they believe. Surely Serbians can act more civilized but did you even saw if the player provoked ? or you just read something and post it without research of what really happened?

Anyway Serbians are not racist, all countries have racists doesn't mean all of them are. It's not the first time I see people condemn them just for their nationality here.

Edit: English football suffered from those things too and many other leagues like Italian, Spanish etc.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Have any of you who judge Serbia ever been there?

I lived to Serbia for 3 months and all people were friendly to me, no racism and in general I wish I could live there more.

Delije and Partizan are ultras by all means, they fight, they insult but let me tell you this. The guy who I lived with has been in a Delije vs Partizan setup to fight like apes. He eventually got knocked down and after all this 3 Partizan hooligans took him to the hospital with their own car.

Some people have a passion that others do not understand but for Serbians football is a celebration, they enjoy it to the max. I am not saying that hitting people and injuring them is something I am fine with, instead I am against it but that is how things are. Do not let media propagna manipulate you to what they believe. Surely Serbians can act more civilized but did you even saw if the player provoked ? or you just read something and post it without research of what really happened?

Anyway Serbians are not racist, all countries have racists doesn't mean all of them are. It's not the first time I see people condemn them just for their nationality here.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Joze

Racism is really an odd thing. My grandparents live in the American South so I have spent a significant amount of down time there and I can tell you that 99% of the people down there are really kind, honest, happy individuals. They're also mostly incredibly racist - even as they know and interact with hundreds of those very people whom they disrespect. It's just woven into the culture. Someone egged your house at halloween? Must've been the black kids, nevermind that your neighborhood is like 80% white. Someone cut you off while driving? Must've been an [expletive]. Reading the paper in the morning and something bad happened? Blame the blacks.

What's even more impressive is that 100% of them would fervently deny that they are racist. I'm not going to lie either, it's slightly contagious. Whenever I spend some time down there, I have to iron out my perspective because I begin to catch myself doing the same thing.

Some people have a passion that others do not understand but for Serbians football is a celebration, they enjoy it to the max. I am not saying that hitting people and injuring them is something I am fine with, instead I am against it but that is how things are.

This is very much my nostalgic view of Georgia/Florida, and the reason I brought it up is because I'm not fine with it. It's how things are, but it shouldn't be. As we can see in the example of this thread, real people get hurt.

Of course not all Serbians are racist. Every country has racist individuals. No one denies that. But the actions of authorities announce how much leeway and freedom these individuals have to be a cancer on society. Judging from things like this:

Instead of trying to be useful and derail the situation, the vice president is having another dig at Luiz, calling his tears fake... This was said:
"Why don't you mention how many insults "mister" crybaby said to Nikola Drincic during the game, he hit Vladimir Rodic and showed the middle finger to the fans. But we are racist and nationalistic!
"Apparently we have to respect others more than ourselves, to be proud when in the "TITO" team (Partizan) has 7 foreign players. and then fake tears, fake "I love Serbia and I see it as my house" story.
"Well, why don't you go back to Brazil and show your dark fingers to them and swear on brazilians mothers and everything will be ok.

That amount of tolerance is far too high.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@amir_keal Racism isn't normal in any European country and you stating that that's normal for them is a lie. Then I can say the same to most countries and that's wrong, Dynastian98 names a few countries naming them as racist when it's not even close to that, there had been some Serbian coaches that worked in other countries and they are not a racist nation.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@ JozeMourinho That's true and I pointed that out, Serbia has huge problems with hooligans and if anyone provokes them they get agressive, for them they are above the players just like all hooligan groups. If hooligans don't like a player or what's happening in their team in some places they charge into the club and take matters in their own hands or they cause damage to the car of the player they dislike for whatever reason...

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I don't know what your skin colors are, nor do I suppose to know them, but I can assure you that you do not understand what brown and black people mean by calling a nation "racist" unless you are brown or black. Trust me, I'm brown. I was raised in Canada, and I know fully well just how racist white Canadians are towards browns, blacks, and Aboriginals here. Most white Canadians are always in denial, but our colored communities know fully well just what it feels to live in a white nation with colored skin. It's f*cking horrible. You can't get jobs, you can't get government services, you can't get an education, you can't do anything but give in the institutional racism that is innate in countries like Canada.

You can mask it in all the pretty words you want, but the fact remains that some nations are just racist to certain groups of people. Canada, the US, England, etc are all racist nations. I've never been to Serbia, but I've seen how Eastern Europeans treat us colored people from my personal experience, so I wouldn't be surprised if anyone said Serbia is a racist nation. Judging from their FA and their fans, it would seem so.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Sun I understand and I can''t rly disagree with most.

@Dynastian98 This pisses me off, I mean the way people treat you for the color of your skin. When I was having money in my pockets I always gave bread and water to some guys from Senegal that lived right next to my apartment. I always tried to give them things to help them because they were friendly and helped me with my injury. Once I saw 3 people from Golden Dawn abusing them by physical power. Besides that I went in trying to protect them I left with a destroyed ankle AGAIN and it ended my career as a shitty sunday league footballer. I never regretted ending my dream by that decision because I helped them escape those apes who would propably stop hitting them when they were dead. I am sick of our civilization nowadays I wish people were not so narrow-minded and fight for something that does not mean anything.

Back on topic. Serbia has been through a lot and they will never escape what they did to their country. You just cant blame them 100% for beeing racist when their country is a shit hole thanks to another country.

I am happy for this forum talks...shows how human some of us are when we drop down our egos for our clubs.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

This is a sad fact.

Saying a nation is racist is too generalized. Saying a nation have a higher number of racist is IMo right.

Its a sensitive topic, i have been travelling around a lot (almost all europe, asia, america), and in my personal exp: Asian are the biggest racist, they just dont do extreme stuffs. They tend to kiss white people asses a lot more.... (thats different form of racism). Eastern Europe tend to be more racist than western (especially toward people of colors).

Where ever I go, troubles mostly come from non-white people or islamic.

BUT, when there are troubles I dont automatically assume that's from a person of color.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuan

In the case for South Asia, our dislike towards the Brits comes from the colonization, slavery, and genocide of our people. If a white Englishman steps into a country like Pakistan or Bangladesh, good luck getting out unscathed...

But in general, South Asians only dislike each other because of religious differences and political struggles. As a group, we're not racist towards people of different skin. We don't like or hate whites, blacks, Hispanics, East Asians, or any other group. We're fairly indifferent towards everybody except for the British.

Although I have to admit there are certain groups of people in South Asia who loathe Je.ws, but that stems from the Israel-Palestine conflict.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

On a side note, why is "J.ews" a black-listed word? haha

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

True that.

But have you seen Japan, Korea, all South East Asian countries adore, and kiss westerners/white people's asses. Especially lower class people?

A fucked up white dude can just come to most SEA countries, and become a teacher. Got paid way higher than a decent well trained employees in most industry. Got adored like god. While they dont care much about black people. :D thats a form of racism or to me: retarded.

Lolll... j.ew can trigger lots of people

Discussion Closed