Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Flop or Success?
nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

I know opinions are split on this one so here goes!

This thread is to see which of the top 6 teams everyone felt flopped or succeeded last season.

Chelsea won the league title but no other trophy's.

Comments
nigelpayne 7 years ago

Tottenham took second place in the league but achieved no trophy's.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

Manchester City came third in the league and held out second longest in the champions league.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

Liverpool's only attribute was fourth place giving them the chance of a spot in the champions league next year.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

Arsenal came fifth missing out on the champions league but took the FA cup.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

Manchester United came sixth in the league but secured their champions league spot by winning the europa league, also winning the EFL cup and the community shield.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Agreed with the majorities except for United.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

May I ask, how did Man. City succeed?

nigelpayne 7 years ago

im questioning how Liverpool succeeded but man city didn't...only difference here is Liverpool came a position lower in the league

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Because Liverpool hadn't finished in a CL spot in years, and beat out both Arsenal and United to do so, which no one really expected. City barely made CL after assembling a squad that should've easily won the league. United's only saving grace was the EL, but even with that their season was a flop imo.

nigelpayne 7 years ago

@sunflash there is still a chance liverpool may not reach the champions league

personally i think both city and liverpool were a flop

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Liverpool starting point was not the same as the starting point of Manchester City that every year wants to win the title. That's the difference, Liverpool made progress, Man City not so much.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@sunflash +1
Klopp is building something there

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Oh how the mighty have fallen for Liverpool to be considered a success reaching 4th place.
I partially agree with the rest. Its pretty straight forward really. But I would argue any team finishing top 4 in the EPL is a success due to the financial benefits it has.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

In my humble opinion, most of those team realized something impressive this season other than City.
Chelsea won the league and reached the FA final.
Manchester United got into CL despite their poor results for a top 6 team and managed to win the league cup trophy.
Liverpool manage to get a CL spot, something that have sadly become quite an accomplishment in itself for them considering their lack of depth and of quality in certain area.
Spurs were the only side to give Chelsea a fight for the title and they also made it to the semi of the FA cup. They also won their last at White Hart Lane this season. (Moral victory XD).
Arsenal despite failing to qualify for Champion league next season managed to win the FA cup, england second most prestigious price.
Manchester City best accomplishement meanwhile is being the last of the big six to get out of CL and reaching the semi of the FA. Well, they also qualified for CL but that much was expected from Pep.
All in all, none had really terrible or catastrophic season but considering the expectation, I do think that City are those that flopped the hardest.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Some real salty fan voted Chelsea as a flop last season. Just why?

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

I agree with everyone except the United one. How did they flop again? They won the Europa league and EFL and Community Shield. Even if you don't want to count the EFL and Community Shield or even the Europa League it granted them a place in the champions league which equals finishing top 4. Even better it allowed the EPL to have 5 teams in the Champions League instead of 4. I don't see how they flopped.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Alex, maybe they were judging based on how United played overall and not what they accomplished? Even then, those 3 trophies are below what one expects from United. But, and a big BUT, United has been below par since SAF left.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I agree with everyone except the United one. How did they flop again?

Yes...kewl trophies...but as a United fan it's hard to consider the season a success when you got buttf*cked by Watford and couldn't score at home.

Plus, 6th...that's lower than everyone who matters.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Sunflash Wasn't the Watford game the one in wich Martial had an head injury just before a goal from the opponent? I remember I was so pissed after hearing that. :( I think its that game: http://footyroom.com/matches/79922140/-/review

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Wasn't the Watford game the one in wich Martial had an head injury just before a goal from the opponent? I remember I was so pissed after hearing that. :(

nigelpayne 7 years ago

@legends yeh that was definitely someone with a personal vendetta against Chelsea

As mou's first season utd's was a success...people may say well if u hadn't won europa league it wud be a flop so utd flopped...well guess what if Chelsea hadn't won the league title their season would have been a flop...thing is they did win it just like utd did win the europa league.