Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Football in the USA
Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

The US is good at nearly every kind of sports. But what is with football?? How is that?

Comments
SeeingRedandBlack 12 years ago
AC Milan, Spain 2 38

american football? or actual footy?

Ihaveabbc 12 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

no european football it is called soccer in yankland

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

The US has more fan following for sports like baseball, basketball, American football, NASCAR and such sports. There's not much craze over football(soccer) and so young kids are not so attracted to it and so you don't see many world class players from the US. It's just like here in India where cricket is the only sport that people live and breathe, so other games are sidetracked.

PS: @Ihaveabbc 'yankland'? That's a bit blunt, don't you think?

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

@Bloodred1992 more or less explained it thoroughly but I have to say that I've been to the USA and people don't hold our beautiful sport in high regard. I have personally heard people call it "a game for Mexicans" and "a sport for short people". They always disregard our sport calling it a "third world game". This is my experience and I mean no disrespect to the USA but how can they call their sport "football" when they carry the "pigskin" with their hands the whole time? They actually kick it probably only once throughout the game too. I've been to college "soccer" matches too. It's so weird! They have no stoppage time, they can make unlimited substitutions, they can bring on the same player who was substituted earlier, and they put the timer backwards. They call football boots "soccer cleats" and refer to Zidane as the "Headbutter" or "the Brave Frenchman" :/

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

@koldimere That was amusing, the Americans are so ignorant when it comes to European sports. Football is the most popular and richest sport in the world by over a mile. But I've learnt that the term 'soccer' was actually coined by an Englishman and the americans have stuck to it ever since to distinguish it from their sport.