Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

FOR THE ARSENAL FANS OUT THERE....
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I had initially intended to write a long letter detailing my exact thoughts on how our club is run and what our "real"financial situation is.  Well, I'll spare you b/c I'm happy to say that I have found a thorough, well-balanced discussion on the matter by a panel of BBC experts on Arsenal and football finance.  These gentlemen seem to tell it like it is w/o any bells and whistles. So for those of you fans who really want to know what's going on in the shrouded secrecy of the Arsenal camp, please go to the following link.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b01cmm9h/5_live_Sport_Arsenal_Special/ 

PS: fastforward to 6:10.  It's a big long but well worth it for the true fan to gain a deeper understanding of his club.

Let me know what you think.  "Victoria Concordia Crescit"

Comments
koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Bro awesome link! I really see Wenger in a new light now! And to think all the crap that Wenger's been getting about not spending. It's weird how none of us think about the other financial stuff (wages, agent fees, etc.) except the big transfer fee! 

But here's where it's tragic: Wenger could have spent that money a little earlier don't you think? On someone good like Gotze, Podolski, Hazard, or even Mata (before Chelsea got him). Park hasn't had sufficient playing time and Santos isn't getting younger. I feel as though Wenger could have brought in a little more quality that's all. Other than it's nice to know that Arsenal is in a good solid financial state at the moment. But it will soon crumble if we don't start winning trophies. 

The amount of mental strength Wenger has is amazing. After those losses and cries for Wenger to go could have destroyed the average manager! But Wenger is a strong man! We are fortunate to have one like him! We need more threads like this one mate! Keep 'em coming!

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@koldimere: that's why i posted it. Too often people speak out of their asses instead of taking an honest look at facts.  Very much agree with your point that "cries for Wenger to go could have destroyed the average manager! But Wenger is a strong man! We are fortunate to have one like him!"  I agree that he has made mistakes, but the guy has been the best servant for our club (shit people overlook e.g. that he gave up butloads of money to stay at Arsenal) and has been carrying the entire weight of the club on his shoulders since the departure of Dein.  
That said, there are some real problems with the board's philosophy (as I'm sure you heard).  We need to change a lot of things.  If it weren't for certain high-ranking members at our club, I guarantee you we could've been favourites for a title every year.  Oh well...

Nobody 12 years ago
Chelsea, Portugal 6 87

GET A FUCKIN ROOM YOU FAGS.....YOU SHOULD JOIN ANALROOM...oh nd say hi to expert football when you get there

SergioAguero 12 years ago
Manchester City, Iraq 3 51

@Nobody Please behave your self and dont be rude.

Economist 12 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 1 79

what a great manager. Regardless of the number of trophies he's got, he is definitely the best football manager.

Nobody 12 years ago
Chelsea, Portugal 6 87

@Sergio Aguero:- I'll behave myself when your mom starts behaving like a woman