Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Francesco Totti.
tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

El Capitano is not the king of Rome due to his loyalty, he is one of the most talented players of his generation.
40 years old, the most emotional retirement of the decade is yet to come....

enter image description here

Comments
quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

This guy is just something extraordinary, it will be very sad day for a football when he retires.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy I have more respect for player like Totti who are loyal to single team all their live than player like Zlatan switching between winning team day in and day out. He is really an incredible fellow. Will be really sad when he retire. :(

Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Emobot7:

An incredible fellow? Well, maybe if you like someone who stamps on people and tries to injure them:

Or kicks them and tries to injure them:

Don't get me wrong, he was certainly a talented player, and a club legend as a result, but as a person he's pretty nasty. I'm not the only one who thinks so, by the way; have a look at this nice article: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-last-days-of-francesco-totti-are-not-about-francesco-totti

I won't be sorry to see him go, to be honest. I mean, staying true and loyal to one club when you could have gone elsewhere is great and everything, but compare him as a person to, say, Steven Gerrard. He also stayed at one club for his entire top-level career, consistently being one of the best players in the world and winning a Champions League tournament almost single-handedly, and also wasn't a dirty player, and it was a true shame how he was insulted and scorned by trolls when he announced his retirement from Liverpool, not least of which on this very forum.

Just because Messi likes him doesn't make Totti a great person or a true legend. He was just a great player.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Emobot7:

An incredible fellow? Well, maybe if you like someone who stamps on people and tries to injure them:

Or kicks them and tries to injure them:

Don't get me wrong, he was certainly a talented player, and a club legend as a result, but as a person he's pretty nasty. I'm not the only one who thinks so, by the way; have a look at this nice article: https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/the-last-days-of-francesco-totti-are-not-about-francesco-totti

I won't be sorry to see him go, to be honest. I mean, staying true and loyal to one club when you could have gone elsewhere is great and everything, but when I look at someone like Steven Gerrard, who also stayed at one club for his entire top-level career, consistently being one of the best players in the world and winning a Champions League tournament almost single-handedly, and also wasn't a dirty player, then that's what I call a true legend. Shame how he was treated when he announced his retirement from Liverpool, not least of which on this very forum.

Just because Messi likes him doesn't make him a great person or a true legend. He was just a great player.

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Legend in the true sense of the word.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited

Not only Messi, everyone with years of Football in his legs appreciate the gifted player, accuracy and vision at this point, there arent many in a generation. Not like 2 meter tall players bodybuilded like in NFL with average vision.
In the category of wine Totti is a Petrus, Footballing taste wise. Any player in a 25 years career will have his moments of fury and it doesnt affect what they gave to the game.
For someone who has a picture of someone addicted to drugs, out of Spain for a general fight in front of the king and the most famous cheat in Football in a semi final WC. I lost hope about your objectiveness lodatz...

Steven Gerrard who ? You mean Paul Scholes ?Between Lampard, Paul and Steven, Gerrard was the less gifted.

I think you should start looking at Football from a player perspective, not fro a drunk stadium fan of NFL one....

All of them are wrong maybe, and you will find a way to reply im sure ;)

To accept being Benched, to play few minutes after being Roma king for 25 year and Italian king for ore than a decade...

Everyone who had a single experience inside or outside the pitch praise the MAN, the guy is a god in Italy for a reason and there is no point of taking 2 vidz and saying BS for free.

• History

Not only Messi, everyone with years of Football in his legs appreciate the gifted player, accuracy and vision at this point, there arent many in a generation. Not like 2 meter tall players bodybuilded like in NFL with average vision.
In the category of wine Totti is a Petrus, Footballing taste wise. Any player in a 25 years career will have his moments of fury and it doesnt affect what they gave to the game.
For someone who has a picture of someone addicted to drugs, out of Spain for a general fight in front of the king and the most famous cheat in Football in a semi final WC. I lost hope about your objectiveness lodatz...

Steven Gerrard who ? You mean Paul Scholes ?Between Lampard, Paul and Steven, Gerrard was the less gifted.

I think you should start looking at Football from a player perspective, not fro a drunk stadium fan of NFL one....

Wait a second, your response to me pointing out that Totti was a nasty player is to start attacking Diego Maradona?

You maybe wonder about my objectiveness tiki, but I wonder about your ability to stay on topic. :)

Totti didn't have just a few moments of fury, he amassed 16 red cards, 87 yellows, spat in someone's face during Euro 2004 and is regarded as generally a bit of a ass.hole. Again, just because Messi likes him doesn't make him a great person.

Well, he took Liverpool to two CL finals and won the first. He also won a UEFA Cup, two FA Cups and a UEFA Super Cup. He appeared in the UEFA team of the year for 3 years in a row (2005-2007) and in the FIFPro World XI for 3 years in a row (2007-2009), which are things that Totti didn't manage to achieve even once. Gerrard was also in the PL team of the year 8 times in 14 years (including a consecutive run from 2004-2009) during the period when the PL was indisputedly the best league in the world, and even made the Euro 2012 team of the tournament.

But you keep telling everyone that he's nobody, tiki, just because he stayed loyal to Liverpool. You keep telling us that :)

• History

Wait a second, your response to me pointing out that Totti was a nasty player is to start attacking Diego Maradona?

You maybe wonder about my objectiveness tiki, but I wonder about your ability to stay on topic. :)

Totti didn't have just a few moments of fury, he amassed 16 red cards, 87 yellows, spat in someone's face during Euro 2004 and is regarded as generally a bit of a ass.hole. Again, just because Messi likes him doesn't make him a great person.

As for Steven Gerrard? Well, he took Liverpool to two CL finals and won the first. He also won a UEFA Cup, two FA Cups and a UEFA Super Cup. He appeared in the UEFA team of the year for 3 years in a row (2005-2007) and in the FIFPro World XI for 3 years in a row (2007-2009), which are things that Totti didn't manage to achieve even once. Gerrard was also in the PL team of the year 8 times in 14 years (including a consecutive run from 2004-2009) during the period when the PL was indisputedly the best league in the world, and even made the Euro 2012 team of the tournament.

But you keep telling everyone that he's nobody, tiki, just because he stayed loyal to Liverpool. You keep telling us that :)

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Maybe you should start playing Football Lodatz, things will get clearer...

Maybe you should try to be right sometime, tiki, instead of running away from the point. And lol, as if YOU play football. I played more than you do now when I was 10 years old. Won some trophies too. :)

Oh, and since you added extra stuff in:

To accept being Benched, to play few minutes after being Roma king for 25 year and Italian king for ore than a decade...

He didn't accept it at all. He whined and b*tched and complained about it like a spoiled brat, and has threatened to walk away form the team on a free transfer: http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4183/italy/2016/02/20/20556982/totti-i-cant-stay-at-roma-like-this

And besides, I thought Pirlo was the 'king'?

Maybe you should start playing football, tiki. Then you'll understand.

• History

Maybe you should try to be right sometime, tiki, instead of running away from the point.

Maybe you should try to be right sometime, tiki, instead of running away from the point. And lol, as if YOU play football...

Maybe you should try to be right sometime, tiki, instead of running away from the point. And lol, as if YOU play football...

He didn't accept it at all. He whined and b*tched and complained about it like a spoiled brat, and has threatened to walk away form the team on a free transfer: http://www.goal.com/en-ca/news/4183/italy/2016/02/20/20556982/totti-i-cant-stay-at-roma-like-this

C'mon tiki. This is too easy.

Maybe you should try to be right sometime, tiki, instead of running away from the point. And lol, as if YOU play football. I played more than you do now when I was 10 years old. Won some trophies too. :)

C'mon tiki. This is too easy.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

It's going to be very sad when he retires. :(

Lodatz 8 years ago

@Dynast: nah, it'll just be the final passing of a bygone period in Italy.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

"Just because Messi likes him doesn't make Totti a great person or a true legend. He was just a great player."

That's quite disrespectful. Even if you don't like him you should be able to admit that he's a legend. I don't understand why you feel the urge to compare every player with an English one. Gerrard and Totti were in entirely different situations and different teams. Unlike Gerrard, Totti won a World Cup. Unlike Totti, Gerrard won a Champions League. They're different players in different situations. If Gerrard is a legend, so is Totti. You're being quite childish with your antics.

At least i tried, im 1m72 i was shorter at 15 yo, in France at 15 yo Moussa Sissoko kind of players are already 1m80 and able to score 35 meter screamers so chances were few. Griezmann, Valbuena and Ribery were all refused from formation centers at 15 yo, the first went to Spain and the others were scouted in National ( 3rd ) and fourth division at the age of 23 and 22. Doesnt mean i had the potential or something i just pointing how it works in France to feed money leagues with physical youngsters rather than look for a Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo kind of players....

Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, Quickzyy picture cant explain it better. Once Liverpool best players were gone, Gerrard won nothing, you cant win alone in Football but then again you should have played the game, not just a TV hobby.

Im pointing the fact that you despise a Legend while you praise Zidane, absolute same caracter and you have Diego as a profile picture, i just pointed the horrible lack of logic in your way of thinking thats not out of topic, and at the end i may be known for having a shitty caracter maybe or any other bad behaviour in the virtual world im not known for Running away, no need to show you who's known for it. Self criticism can be healthy at times. CIAO

• History

At least i tried, im 1m72 i was shorter at 15 yo, in France at 15 yo Moussa Sissoko kind of players are already 1m80 and able to score 35 meter screamers so chances were few. Griezmann, Valbuena and Ribery were all refused from formation centers at 15 yo, the first went to Spain and the others were scouted in National ( 3rd ) and fourth division. Doesnt mean i had the potential or something i just pointing how it works in France to feed money leagues with physical youngsters rather than look for a Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo kind of players....

Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, Quickzyy picture cant explain it better. Once Liverpool best player were gone, Gerrard won nothing, you cant win alone in Football but then again you should have played the game, not just a TV hobby.

Im pointing the fact that you despise a Legend while you praise Zidane, absolute same caracter and you have Diego as a profile picture, i just pointed the horrible lack of logic in your way of thinking thats not out of topic, and at the end i may be known for having a shitty caracter maybe or any other bad behaviour in the virtual world im not known for Running away, no need to show you who's known for it. Self criticism can be healthy at times. CIAO

At least i tried, im 1m72 i was shorter at 15 yo, in France at 15 yo Moussa Sissoko kind of players are already 1m80 and able to score 35 meter screamers so chances were few. Griezmann, Valbuena and Ribery were all refused from formation centers at 15 yo, the first went to Spain and the others were scouted in National ( 3rd ) and fourth division at the age of 23 and 22. Doesnt mean i had the potential or something i just pointing how it works in France to feed money leagues with physical youngsters rather than look for a Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo kind of players....

Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, Quickzyy picture cant explain it better. Once Liverpool best player were gone, Gerrard won nothing, you cant win alone in Football but then again you should have played the game, not just a TV hobby.

@Dynast: How so?

I pointed out that the difference between them was that Gerrard was a clean player, whereas Totti was not. This is the reason why I don't call Totti a legend, even though I already said he was a greatly talented player and a club legend to Roma. He has disgraced the game too many times for me to consider him as a true legend, and just because Messi spent 20 seconds wishing him a happy birthday on Twitter doesn't really show otherwise.

What's there to be confused about, D-man? You're not going to try and make me out to be the bad guy again to protect your buddy, are you?

• History

How so?

I pointed out that the difference between them was that Gerrard was a clean player, whereas Totti was not. This is the reason why I don't call Totti a legend, even though I already said he was a greatly talented player and a club legend to Roma. He has disgraced the game too many times for me to consider him as a true legend, and just because Messi spent 20 seconds wishing him a happy birthday on Twitter doesn't really show otherwise.

What's there to be confused about, D-man? You're not going to try and make me out to be the bad guy again to protect your buddy, are you?

At least i tried, im 1m72 i was shorter at 15 yo, in France at 15 yo Moussa Sissoko kind of players are already 1m80 and able to score 35 meter screamers so chances were few. Griezmann, Valbuena and Ribery were all refused from formation centers at 15 yo, the first went to Spain and the others were scouted in National ( 3rd ) and fourth division at the age of 23 and 22. Doesnt mean i had the potential or something i just pointing how it works in France to feed money leagues with physical youngsters rather than look for a Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo kind of players...

I literally do not care about a single thing in this paragraph. This has nothing to do with Francisco Totti being a dirty player or not.

Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, "

I don't. Thanks for making things up again. :)

Once Liverpool best players were gone, Gerrard won nothing,

Well, Totti won virtually nothing with Roma even while there, so what possible point could you be trying to make? I listed already the number of accolades from UEFA, FIFA and the PFA which Gerrard earned. Why don;t you tell me how many times Totti was in UEFA or FIFA's teams of the year, if you want to compare anything?

But my point was about how Gerrard is a clean player, and Totti is not. You're the one who then, predictably attacked Gerrard, so I just reminded you that he achoeved a lot more than the player you, here, are calling a legend, even while you continue to try and make fun of Steven Gerrard.

Stop being childish, or else Dynast will tell you off.

Oh wait, no he won't...

im not known for Running away,

Yes you are, because you do it every single time we get into the facts. You run away the moment I start showing why you're wrong, or else start trolling about things unrelated to the topic, which is what you're doing right now.

I then just walk away from the forum, because it still hasn't gotten rid of you. :)

• History

At least i tried, im 1m72 i was shorter at 15 yo, in France at 15 yo Moussa Sissoko kind of players are already 1m80 and able to score 35 meter screamers so chances were few. Griezmann, Valbuena and Ribery were all refused from formation centers at 15 yo, the first went to Spain and the others were scouted in National ( 3rd ) and fourth division at the age of 23 and 22. Doesnt mean i had the potential or something i just pointing how it works in France to feed money leagues with physical youngsters rather than look for a Xavi-Iniesta-Pirlo kind of players...

I literally do not care about a single thing in this paragraph. This has nothing to do with Francisco Totti being a dirty player or not.

"Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, "

Well, Totti won virtually nothing with Roma even while there, so what possible point could you be trying to make? I listed already the number of accolades from UEFA, FIFA and the PFA which Gerrard earned. Why don;t you tell me how many times Totti was in UEFA or FIFA's teams of the year, if you want to compare anything?

But my point was about how Gerrard is a clean player, and Totti is not. You're the one who then, predictably attacked Gerrard, so I just reminded you that he achoeved a lot more than the player you, here, are calling a legend, even while you continue to try and make fun of Steven Gerrard.

Oh wait, no he won't...

"Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, "

Oh wait, no he won't...

Yes you are, because you do it every single time we get into the facts. You run away the moment I start showing why you're wrong, or start trolling about things unrelated to the topic, which is what you're doing right now.

I then just walk away from the forum, because it still hasn't gotten rid of you. :)

Dont blame Totti for underachieving collectively, "

Oh wait, no he won't...

Yes you are, because you do it every single time we get into the facts. You run away the moment I start showing why you're wrong, or start trolling about things unrelated to the topic, which is what you're doing right now.

Disgraced the game ? lol. If you watch Rugby or Hockey you will probably get a heart attack. Rugby fans treat us constantly to b fans of "pussies". Looking to some fans i actually admit they are partially right.

I do not care if you do, i just pointing the difference between a player vision, and a geek/nerd vision.

• History

Disgraced the game ? lol. If you watch Rugby or Hockey you will probably get a heart attack. Rugby fans treat us constantly to b fans of "pussies". Looking to some fans i actually admit they are partially right.

I do not care if you do, i just pointing the difference of a player vision, and a geek/nerd vision.

Lodatz 8 years ago

Rugby and hockey are not football. What a stupid thing to say.

Pirlo, now he was another Gerrard. A true legend. Kept it clean and respectful all his career.

tiki_taka 8 years ago

I find your method uninteresting but since you post a video and get 100 conclusions on who's a legend and who's not.

How about Zidane ? Is he a legend in your expert eyes or another morrron who disgraced the game ? how about Cantona ? How about Zlatan ? Roy Keane ? Diego Maradona ?

If that's your vision ( absolutly biased ) on who is a clean legend and who is not a Legend at all, i advice you to watch this sport your point would be understood.

Rugby and Hockey are Men Sports just like Football, i let people look who's stupid here. the sport i shared here is ore adapted to your mentality....

tiki_taka 8 years ago

Moment of madness ? Yes in a man contact sport you will one day have your nasty moment...... Football is a contact game, i dont blame any player for fighting and crossing the line....
Save the face now, put your comment and move on.

I love how you show a video of strong tackles by Gerrard, most of which he wins the ball, as though it compares to literally stamping on someone, trying to break their leg, or spitting in their face. Oh, and there's more, of course:

How about Zidane ? Is he a legend in your expert eyes or another morrron who disgraced the game ? how about Cantona ? How about Zlatan ? Roy Keane ? Diego Maradona ?

Zidane is a legend, sure. He won titles and trophies everywhere he played, including leading France almost singlehandedly to (almost) 2 World Cups. Zizou is one of the most gifted and visionary players ever, and certainly of his generation.

Zlatan... meh, not so much. Cantona is a legend in Manchester, certainly, and from the 90s era of the PL, but like Totti he is let down by his temper. Roy Keane is similar to Cantona, and to be honest he's always been a w*nker. Maradona is one of the greatest players to ever live, but, yes I agree that he was often a dirty cheat deserves to be remembered as one.

Does that about cover it?

Rugby and hockey are men's sports indeed, which is why real men have always looked down upon the kind of diving and cheating that, say, Barcelona have engaged in over the years, when it comes to football.

By the way? What do you mean by 'hockey'? You're in France, right, so do you mean this?

You don't mean ice hockey, of course, because isn't it only the US and Canada who call it that? Is that where you really live, tiki?

• History

I love how you show a video of strong tackles by Garrard, most of which he wins the ball, as though it compares to literally stamping on someone, trying to break their leg, or spitting in their face. Oh, and there's more, of course:

Zidane is a legend, sure. He won titles and trophies everywhere he played, including leading France almost singlehandedly to (almost) 2 World Cups. Zizou is one of the most gifted and visionary players ever, and certainly of his generation.

Zlatan... meh, not so much. Cantona is a legend in Manchester, certainly, and from the 90s era of the PL, but like Totti he is let down by his temper. Roy Keane is similar to Cantona, and to be honest he's always been a w*nker. Maradona is one of the greatest players to ever live, but, yes I agree that he was often a dirty cheat deserves to be remembered as one.

Rugby and hockey are men's sports indeed, which is why real men have always looked down upon the kind of diving and cheating that, say, Barcelona have engaged in over the years, when it comes to football.

By the way? What do you mean by 'hockey'? You're in France, right, so do you mean this?

You don't mean ice hockey, of course, because isn't it only the US and Canada who call it that? Is that where you really live, tiki?

I love how you show a video of strong tackles by Garrard, most of which he wins the ball, as though it compares to literally stamping on someone, trying to break their leg, or spitting in their face. Oh, and there's more, of course:

By the way, I'm kind of amused that you've managed to derail your own thread to talk about hockey, ballerinas and Diego Maradona (and others)...

... despite me trying to keep it on topic about Francesco Totti, and making one comparison to another player to show why I think Totti is dirty.

Bravo, mon ami. :)

• History

By the way, I'm kind of amused that you've derailed your own thread to talk about hockey, ballerinas and Diego Maradona...

... despite me trying to keep it on topic about Francisco Totti.

By the way, I'm kind of amused that you've managed to derail your own thread to talk about hockey, ballerinas and Diego Maradona...

... despite me trying to keep it on topic about Francisco Totti.

By the way, I'm kind of amused that you've managed to derail your own thread to talk about hockey, ballerinas and Diego Maradona (and others)...

... despite me trying to keep it on topic about Francisco Totti, and making one comparison to another player to show why I think Totti is dirty.