Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Future World Class Players to leave Manchester United because of Mourinho
trimind 6 years ago
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

Hey guys,

Let me know what you guys think about the transfer policy and the governing of the team by Mou.

This season is not going well for ManU, and things can change from bad to worse very quickly considering the uncertainty future of players like Pogba, Martial, Rashford and Shaw.

They are very talented players, and potentially to be world class players in the near future. Yet they are in the way out of the theater of dream, due to the harsh treament and defensive tatics of Mourinho.

Arguably, Shaw is the least prominent player of the bunch, but he still deserves his chances at Old Trafford, comparing to Ashley Young or Daley Blind. Martial and Rashford are two highly rated striker prospect, that can reach the highest potential. We will live to regret it, if we ever let them go. Think about how Mou let Lukaku, De Bruyen and Salah leaving Chelsea, and now they become world class player!

Pogba is indeed the most talented midfielder at ManU atm. However, his attitude needs to be fixing a bit, but still, selling him at the end of the season can be considered a very poor piece of business and soccer at the same time. We don't let the best player in the team go, we need strengthen the squad and not to weaken it. Maybe buying Verrati or Kroos will help, but selling Pogba is certainly out of question. Unless Pogba decides to leave by himself, then it is a different matter. As it stands now, Mou seems ready to sell Pogba...

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Imo, when Mou was talking about heritage, he was 50% right. He tried due to his huge ego to minimize his responsibility on United season. But he is clearly right saying that United identity needs to be rebuilt.
No player is bigger than the club, being a red devil is something you have to deserve week in week out. Roy Keene explained it very well. Youngsters approach at United are not enough. They need to work more and celebrate less. With all the players you listed, no one of them have been able to make United be back to SAF era again. They do not deserve patience because they had enough time and chances, if they aren’t happy with Mou exigence, midtable clubs are waiting for them.
Antonio Valencia and De Gea are the ones I want to see there, the rest can stay or leave if United invest on high profile players.

You cannot be paid tier 1 salaries, and perform tier 3, many of them are happy to wear a legendary shirt, but do they deserve it ? Not all of them. At least in term of atitude...

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'd rather change manager to play some attacking style rather than selling Pogba/Rashford/Martial, they are amazing players and it would be shame if they leave EPL...

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Jesus Christ.

By the standards of the last five years, this season has been a remarkable success. 2nd in the prem, highest since Sir Alex. Knockout rounds of the UCL, highest since '14. FA Cup semi-finals, solid run.

Yeah, it didn't all go to plan. The loss to Sevilla was terrible and no one really expected City to do what they are doing. But let's not lose sight of the big picture here. Besides, unlike under LVG, players have not been complaining about Mou's tactics.

Most successful season in recent memory? LET'S GUT THE WHOLE TEAM AND SACK THE MANAGER BOYSSSSSS

F*ck off.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Indeed, a incredible success, being 16 point behind one of your most direct rival despite having one of the best squad in the league and one of the best manager with the most experience as well. Thrilling. But seriously, I really think United fan have too much pedigree to satisfy themselve with "better than last year". Sure Mou improved United but considering the signing he had, its the par minimum. He should have ended top 4 last year with the money he spend and this year, he should have putted a better fight against City imho. Also, United is second but they are also lucky other PL have been inconsistent this season, last year Chelsea would have been miles ahead, Liverpool if they managed to actually have a defense against the big team would have no doubt a lot more point and even Tottenham have been underperforming a bit. Even former United legend believe this season is dissapointing for United. I'm not saying I believe United should sack Mourinho (even though I would propably agree with such a move) and get rid of most of their player. I mean, clearly, the combination of him and them is working sometime and its lead the team to where it is. However, if United could have combined their superb defensive strategy with a bit more of attacking, a tiny little more, then I believe not only, United would be higher in the table but they would propably still in CL. :(

@tiki I agree there is a lot of problem with their attitude, but its up to the staff and to the manager to change the player mindset. They shouldn't sell them imo. What they need is motivation, motivation to play the game to win it.

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

I don't think being 2nd in the league is a big problem. the funny thing is that this team looks like old real madrid team when pep is still in la liga classic 4-5-1. tbf, his madrid team is not criticized heavily for playing pragmatic football as of now. the problem is a combination of both the manager and players. first, manager using old tactics which works in la liga but doesn't work anymore with conte and pep sticking around in epl. 2nd, players like pogba should watch ozil's real madrid video on understanding how he needs to be reliable in mourinho's setup. alexis sanchez should realize that he plays for a counter attacking team, you don't dribble as much because it's about how fast you can get the ball to the other half.

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

pogba should watch ozil's real madrid video on understanding how he needs to be reliable in mourinho's setup.

or Mourinho should stop playing him as a CDM while parking the bus against teams which have less value than Pogba alone.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@emo I never said they should sell them, I just think Mou should get backed by woodword and co, send strong message to dressing room that the coach has the keys not them and then they will follow him.
I smelled Mou was lacking his motivation during games and press conferences, he isn’t happy with what he has atm and he tells it openly. I’m just saying that no player is bigger than United.
They are 2nd right now, Liverpool will end up higher for sure, they did not secured top 4 and considering their CL group stage, what they did was the minimum you can expect from them...

I agree with Sun it’s a process, but this process needs sacrifice from the squad + good coaching, Mou Palmares makes me think that the group is the problem right now, maybe wrong tho...

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

@quikzzy exactly, mourinho needs to see him as ozil too. pogba's attitude at times don't help his situation. it goes both way. if mourinho's next season does not end well, I think the fans had to choose between pogba and mourinho. funny how some players can't work out with their manager or vice versa: ibra&pep, mata&mou, costa&conte.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mourinho is Mourinho, the board knows exactly what they were getting when signing him. I dislike it from the beginning :(. But I did know we need quick result and changes.

Talking about football heritage, Mourinho was not wrong. We have been sh!t for so long and actually Mourinho has been delivering, just not in the way lot of fans want and the way we thought Man United should be. Lot of us can't stand his tactic and his approaching of some games. Including his ego.

May be we should be patient?

I thought one of the biggest problems is the way Mou has dealed with critics and the off-the-fields problems, his problems with some big players is a HUGE factor :(.

Added to that, his reputation, our expectation from such a profile like his and especially what he has already spent.

Im also afraid that big (and potential) players would leave, too... But sacking Mou isn't a solution.

With that being said, I really hope he changes his fu-cking ego and attitude, thus, adapt to the modern games, or recent changes in EPL.

I think we should wait for another year for Mou to shape his own team and method

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Mourinho is Mourinho, the board knows exactly what they were getting when signing him.

Talking about football heritage, Mourinho was not wrong. We have been sh!t for so long and actually Mourinho has been delivering, just not in the way lot of fans want and the way we thought Man United should be. Lot of us can't stand his tactic and his approaching of some games. Including his ego.

I thought one of the biggest problems is the way Mou has dealed with critics and the off-the-fields problems, his problems with some big players is a HUGE factor :(.

Added to that, his reputation, expectation and ESPECIALLY what he has already spent.

Im also afraid that big (and potential) players would leave, too... But sacking Mou isn't a solution.

With that being said, I really hope he changes his fu-cking ego and attitude, thus, adapt to the modern games, or recent changes in EPL.

I think we should wait for another year for Mou to shape his own team and method

Mourinho is Mourinho, the board knows exactly what they were getting when signing him. I dislike it from the beginning :(. But I did know we need quick result and changes.

Added to that, his reputation, expectation and ESPECIALLY what he has already spent.

Added to that, his reputation, our expectation from such a profile like his and especially what he has already spent.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan Agreed, Mou deserve to be given at least one more year, after all, he did improve the team results as of now. But still, I don't think he should be suprised people are pissed about what been going on, the first day he been United manager, he made he clear, he wanted to win everything he could, so obviously, considering he has spent so much and had that much time with the team, I think its fair people are now expecting results. It will be quite interesting to see what happen next season.

@tiki Ok, I understand better what you mean now, it make a lots of sense and I completely agree with you. Mou should be given freedom to put player back in their place if necessary for thing to progress. I wouldn't suprise some people behind don't want their player unhappy because they don't want to lose their super star but still! If you want results, you need to form a solid unit and bad attitude from some player will sometime ruin that.

trimind 6 years ago
Manchester United, Canada 3 533

Agree with you guys.

What we are looking from Mou is a change in his tatics, play a bit more adventurous soccer. Put more work in the training ground, motivate his players and appear less in his argument/ego/nonsense. The latter is probably hard to change, but the first part is possible.

Also, it seems Shaw looks destined to leave, whereas Martial and Rashford is still in question.I mean, if Mou buys more players and not using them regularly, then as sad as it is, we must let them leave to fulfill their huge potential :(

I don't know what to expect next season. Hopefully, Mou can change in the more positive way. As Sir Alex first few seasons are under fire too. Let's wait and see for now.

Also, Liverpool and Chelsea next season will definitely become stronger, and ManC under Pep is always formidable.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emo: exactly. I dont like Pogba attitude at all, especially since Sanchez transfer... it was a mis-management from all round. Terrible vibes. Really hope Mou sort it out quickkly AND NOT ON PRESS. Leave those faaaker out of your dressing room.

@trimind: I'm sad to say I have the same feeling... what to expect next year. Normally Mou's best year is in 2nd... but this time, his tactic is not working so far (teams are familiar with it). The development of Youngster is some kind of mix and our best guys might leave. :(

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@trimind Agreed, Mou need to stop buying player for position that are already covered by young player, otherwise, MU long term future is in danger. I mean, he should try to build something which will last but instead, he already started to get rid of player he brought over from when he was first named manager, that doesn't make much sense to me. :(

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Both parties are to blame

Mourinho

Mourinho was somewhat right about football heritage, and how it's going to take time for United to get back to their best level. However, the way he used it as an excuse against Sevilla was embarassing. Their record signing was Muriel (25). Mourinho alone spent more on Mkhitariyan, Pogba, Bailly, Lindelof, Matic and Lukaku. That's six players. Now more of those players are attacking minded. Sanchez and Ibra were too bought on a free but on very high salaries. His biggest criticism was not his results, more about his tactics. Perhaps you'd rather win a league ugly, or luck your way to a Champions League, but that's not happened. No one is blaming him for not winning the league, just the repeated approaches to certain games, like the Liverpool draw and the Tottenham defeat aside from Sevilla. Losing to Sevilla was not because of heirtage, it was because of poor tactics.

Players

Paul Pogba has come of criticism, I personally believe it's deserved. He had an argument with Mourinho about positioning, Even though he clearly can't play deep, he was trusted with a more attacking role against Palace. Someone can tell me what he did again? I don't know about you, but that's not best Pogba I have seen. He's been at PL for 1.5 years now, he needs to act like a big player, and fix his attitude.

Lukaku was another big buy, he has one goal against top 6 sides this season, whereas Ben Yedder from Sevilla has 5. Although you can't expect him to do much when manager is bus parking, he is still missing easy chances. He played a lot this season, but doesn't have that many more goals than other players who played less than him. Winger Sterling has more goals.

Sanchez has not been half the player he was at Arsenal. For some reason he keeps on losing the ball, can't pass a ball straight and not as creative (similar this season too, only gotten worse at United). This is maybe the only excuseable one though, he's at a new club and new environment. I think he will be back to his best next year, International football made him change his style a little bit.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@amir Good analysis mate. +1

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

If he think Lukaku has been poor, his analysis is trash. Outside of a couple games there, he's been our best and most consistent player this season (other than De Gea, obviously).

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Meh, he's inconsistent and nowhere near the level expected of him but I guess you can blame United playstyle for that more than Lukaku himself. Obviously, when you consider how little of the ball he actually see, his current results isn't bad. From what I heard, they are still a bunch of United fan who aren't pleased at all with him though. Still think he was better at Everton. :P

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

SunFlash

No clue what you’ve been watching, but enjoy Lukaku

quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Sun is Lukaku better than Matic this season?

SunFlash 6 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

He's scored 25 goals this season, averaging about 0.5 a game. We have 9-10 games left. He is on pace to score 30 goals this season. That would equal what Van Persie scored in Fergie's last season.

He also has 8 assists,3 of which led to the game-winning goals against Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea.

But no, I should obviously listen to you lot and say that he's been terrible, because all anyone wants to say about United is that they are shit. Pogba is terrible. Mourinho is horrible and should be fired. Lukaku has been inconsistent and "nowhere near the level expected of him." The defense is awful/ Lingard shouldn't start. Are you absolute idiots happy now?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He's scored 25 goals this season, averaging about 0.5 a game. We have 9-10 games left. He is on pace to score 30 goals this season. That would equal what Van Persie scored in Fergie's last season.

But no, I should obviously listen to you lot and say that he's been terrible, because all anyone wants to say about United is that they are shit. Pogba is terrible. Mourinho is horrible and should be fired. Lukaku has been inconsistent and "nowhere near the level expected of him." The defense is awful/ Lingard shouldn't start. Are you absolute idiots happy now?