Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Goodbye Mikel. Thank You for Everything!
Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

After 10 and a half amazing years at Chelsea, this legend leaves. His service was priceless.

Thank you Mikel!!!

enter image description here

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Why would the next generation not talk about Lampard, Cole, or Terry?

Whaaaat. These guys would get into the world XI had they been in their prime..

I am serious. These guys will NOT be spoken about. I just want to say I am sorry for coming out with stpid statements here. To be known as a footballing legend, there is A LOT a player must have. If you ask me ( quite stpid again) I believe that Van Basten is a better player than Cruyff was. 99 percent of people were WILL disagree with me, but who here actually has seen these players play? Ummm, no one. When I saw videos, plus the knowledge of the older generation, I had asked them who they preferred, some said Van Basten, others said Cruyff. Asking the younger generation, the votes were one sided.

In terms of Chelsea, people like Zola, Gullit will be spoken about ( Less than 50 games but still), but these guys to me are legends, because they had EVERYTHING. In terms of footballing legends, the only players I consider legends now are:

Ronaldo
Messi
Kaka
Buffon

That's it.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Of course, they are all club legends, and i can easily comprehend with that, but I don't know about 'footballing legend' and the whole next generation thing.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@amir: your comment gave me a good chuckle.. will you be posting a serious version of it anytime soon?

amir_keal 7 years ago

Of course, I am a rather vocal person when it comes to football, Anyway, sorry if I offended anyone.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Oh, I'm not offended by your comment(s). I understand that you call Messi, Buffon and Ronaldo (which one are you talking about?) legends and admire them. However, I'm suprised that you consider Kaka - who, in my opinion, wasn't even one of the very best midfielders of his generation - a legend, but leave players like, say Xavi, out

amir_keal 7 years ago

It's cristiano. And I don't know, I just felt Kaka was GREAT at Milan. I don't know why he didn't meet his potential at Madrid, which I found a little sad, because Kaka was a player I really did like, maybe even more than Ozil in 2011 period. And I don't know, but I've always felt at top rate Kaka was better. And thanks for not feeling offended, my goal wasn't to troll or anything, just felt Dynastian and KTBFFHSWE were a little offended, and probably others.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@amir no offence but that's the most retarded thing i have ever heard.
Drogba won us the first ucl and stopped civil war.
Lampard most scoring midfielder and all time chelsea goalscorer.
Terry was in more than 4team of the years and one of the finest english cb's.
No one will ever forget these players:)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Kaka didn't do well at Madrid beyond his first season because he was repeatedly injured. Injuries are crushing when you're a 30 year old midfielder who relies on his pace. I disagree with him being an all-time legend though. He was a fantastic player, one of the finest of his generation, but when you talk about the greatest 30 players of all-time, I doubt Kaka would be in contention of that list.

Also, I'm not offended that you don't consider Lampard, Cole, and Terry to be great players. I just found your comments a bit odd.

amir_keal 7 years ago

no offence but that's the most retarded thing i have ever heard.

None taken. That is true among Chelsea fans. However, I don't think they will be that known. There's a player called Gabriel Batistuta known for scoring goals, but isn't considered a legend. In fact, only people that closely follow the Serie A would probably know him. My point here is, the generation of football worldwide probably wouldn't talk about these players. Drogba is close of a legend though. Same with Lampard, but I doubt the next generation would talk about them.

I just found your comments a bit odd.

You're not the first. Don't worry, I've always been told about that.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Drogba, Terry, Gerrard, Scholes, Bergkamp, Beckham, Giggs, Roy Keane, Zola, Patrick Vieira, Thiery henry, Lampard

Not offended at all mate. But you better rethink ;) You that support Arsenal and the PL. You don't consider any of these guys above legends?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Drogba is a freaking legend, he won the CL with Chelsea, stopped a war, but above all else... he played for the Impact (joke). Nah but seriously, for me, I really will alway have a soft spot for Drogba because he joined us. Such a great guy as well. ;)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Are we talking about the same thing?

Drogba, Lampard and Terry are not considered legends? ...

back to topic :D, mikel shouldn't be put among these guys!