Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Harry Kane is quite good
Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Kane: 2,007 mins, 20 goals (5 assists) equals one every 100.4 mins (80.4 mins incl. assists)
Lukaku: 2,817 mins, 24 goals (6 assists), equals one every 117.4 mins (93.9 mins incl. assists)
Aguero: 2,054 mins, 17 goals, equals one every 120.8 mins
Sanchez: 2,539 mins, 18 goals (9 assists), equals one every 141.16 mins (94 mins incl. assists)
Zlatan: 2437 mins, 17 goals (5 assists), 143.4 mins (110.8 mins incl. assists)
Costa: 2,668 mins, 17 goals (5 assists), equals one every 156.9 mins (121.3 mins incl. assists)

Just some data I collected from WhoScored.

Oh hey, did you know that Harry Kane just joined the elite club of Premier league strikers who have scored 20+ goals for 3 seasons in a row? ( http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39615446 ). Only Ruud van Nistlerooy (3) Alan Shearer (4) and Thierry Henry (5) are in that club with him.

And he's only 23 years old! Blimey, as they say...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Kane: 2,007 mins, 20 goals (5 assists) equals one every 100.4 mins (80.4 mins incl. assists)
Lukaku: 2,817 mins, 24 goals (6 assists), equals one every 117.4 mins (93.9 mins incl. assists)
Aguero: 2,054 mins, 17 goals, equals one every 120.8 mins
Sanchez: 2,539 mins, 18 goals (9 assists), equals one every 141.16 mins (94 mins incl. assists)
Zlatan: 2437 mins, 17 goals (5 assists), 143.4 mins (110.8 mins incl. assists)
Costa: 2,668 mins, 17 goals (5 assists), equals one every 156.9 mins (121.3 mins incl. assists)

Just some data I collected from WhoScored.

Oh hey, did you know that Harry Kane just joined the elite club of Premier league strikers who have scored 20+ goals for 3 seasons in a row? Only Ruud van Nistlerooy (3) Alan Shearer (4) and Thierry Henry (5) are in that club with him.

And he's only 23 years old! Blimey, as they say...

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39615446

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Dele Alli looks like he'll, more likely than not, end up like Jack Wilshere or Aaron Ramsey - another overhyped and overrated British player. The last true world-beating Englishman was Rooney. If you want to count Brits overall, it would be Gareth Bale. None of these young English players even come close to their standards. Alli is good, but too often has English hype disappeared within a few years.

Glad to see Harry Kane not be another one-hit wonder. He's actually been impressively consistent.

Abo_Zogom 7 years ago
Arsenal 0 240

@Gonzi. I agree on both statements.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Talent is there in England and plenty of players with huge potentials .Problem is with media and abundance of money at such a young age . Bale was under radar and wasn't overhyped like English young players . Right before he was getting hyped he was bought by Madrid for record fee . Media and money has become nemesis of young players . Let's not forget these young English players are doing fantastic when they play in their under 18 under 19 or under 21 teams against other young European players . Dele Allí is doing fantastic right now and I hope he will stay disciplined to continue his growth .

And I said arguably best young player in Europe . Let's not loose your sh*ts here . I don't know many of his age players that are just as influential playing for top side and helping their team to challenge for top flight league title .

Btw FA has already realized the problem and working hard on the solution of young players not graduating into world class professionals . I am sure in next decade with money FA has things will dramatically change . Everything in English football is changing just going through small period of stagnation and learning of how to allocate so much money that poured into league .

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Marcus: +1!!!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Both player you named were ruined by injury though, something Alli has been mostly able to evade. Might have to do with Wenger, I remember reading an article saying he was much too hard on his player in training or something like that and it leaded to injury. Pochetino has on the other hand been able to keep most of his younger player away from the way of arm. Kane and Alli situation are very different from Wilshere and Aaron Ramsey, if only because they progression and success came at a different moment and in different setting.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

@Dynast, come on mate, that's pretty harsh. Remember when Bale was considered "overrated and overhyped" when he began blooming and was bombarded by the media? Then in a moment's notice, you guys swooped him away with big money, overhyping him even more since it was the "great" Real Madrid he's playing for, and look what he's doing now.

Why simply point your finger thinking at Alli thinking, 'oh, another overrated British player', when he's being hyped up for the right reasons. For his age, it's quite incredible how he's bagging in goals week in, week out to the point that is already being connected to the likes of Lampard, Gerrard and even Beckham - I never remembered Wilshere nor Ramsey being even close, but then again the situations were entirely different so there's really no point comparing.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well, we'll find out if he was overhyped or not in a few years. I've got no problem with Alli proving me wrong. If he ends up being world-class, odds are that Madrid will scoop him up anyways.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If he ends up being world-class, odds are that Madrid will scoop him up anyways.

enter image description here

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Geez, must be nice to know if any player do become world-class, your club will pay nearly anything to get him and are nearly sure to have him. :V

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Pfff.. I highly doubt that Alli or Kane for that matter will flop in the future. Pochettino does marvellous things with young players and he's given the pair a great platform, talented and disciplined players. They'll both be world class.

Don't even compare them to Wilshere.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Eden17 The most ironic thing is that Pochettino did most of his learning as a coach in Spain, so if he does make world class player out of Kane and Alli, its still kind of a victory for La Liga. :P

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Not bad for a mouth breather. Timmy! Haha