Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How do you become a moderator on Footyroom?
saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Hello everyone. I'm kinda new here and I just wanted to ask how to become a moderator on this site? And also what all can a moderator do?

Comments
Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Well. To become a mod first FR has to need one. Right now there are plenty and I wouldn't bet we will be needing more any time soon. Before, there were 2 processes in which people became a mod. The first one was with the beginning of the forum in which FR asked interested users to send an email to apply. Myself and a couple other users were selected to become the first mods in the forum that way. (no idea where Gennady came from tbh). Later on maybe a couple of years after that FR decided to include more mods as the site grew bigger and mods not only were responsible for the forum but for the highlights section as well. So I decided to take on the task to "recruit" or select users to become mods which was done by a very extensive voting process that involved every user back then. At the end we ended up including about 5 more mods and it has stayed that way since. That is the summarized story of mods in FR.

As to what we can do, well it isn't much but just what is needed. We can edit/delete comments as well as change some format stuff on the forum and also ban users.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Indeed, as Tuanis said.

Btw, I was the 2nd generation. They recruited, and users somewhat were nominated. There are a lot of users here fully qualified to be mods though, but I think ATM we are quite well staffed.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Indeed, as Tuanis said.

Btw, I was the 2nd generation. They recruited, and users somewhat nominated. There are a lot of users here fully qualified to be mods, but I think ATM we are quite well staffed.

onze11 8 years ago
Barcelona, Haiti 29 123

Get banned at least five times.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't know why people want always want to be moderators. Yes, you're helping the community, but it's a time-consuming and thankless task.

I did it for a year on a different forum and I doubt I'll ever do it again. Mad props to those who do actually moderate though.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

Because it's cool :D and seems like powerful.

But indeed it's time consuming. Especially for highlight part, after a match or a round, instead of chilling, mods tend to have to stay up more and have a look around at the highlights.

The first half an hour or an hour after the final whistle is the busiest, lots of troll and discussion, so if you stay in Europe, you gotta stay up until 11:30 PM or so. And if you are in Asia (I was there last month for a vacation), then you go to bed at 5:00 AM (CL matches start at 2:45 there).

So bravo to the mods here (including me ^^)

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm giving all the respect to the mods who are clearing the comments, especially on highlights section. enter image description here

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Respect to all the moderators. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side.

DarthFooty 8 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1101

Yes, props to the MODS and all working the Highlights and site. Gotta be some time put in for it for sure!

GARETH_BALE 8 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, Ireland 2 815

Do the mods even clear up the comments section? I have to filter the comments by users just to get rid of all the trolls.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago

@Gareth: we try to do it as much as we can.

Kirkos 8 years ago
Arsenal, Argentina 10 235

Can I ask a question? What happens if you don't do your mod duty for the day because you maybe were busy. Would you get kicked off mod?

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

As far as I know, we've never kicked out any mods for "not doing their job". The only thing that will apply to take away that role would be if anyone abused of it. It is an honorary "job" in which regular users help clean up the site, so no actual work is demanded from anyone.