Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

How Zidane Conquered Allegri's Juventus
Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Really clever stuff when you think about it. Just goes to show the level of intelligence it takes to manage at the top class.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago Edited
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I love these type of videos. They really give you an insight to the tactical side of the game and show just how effective changing one players role can be. I was there was a bigger emphasis on appreciating this. The InvertedFullback also had great vids on similar topics.

I was shocked at how long it took Allegri to react to Madirds second half change. I would have personally brought it Marchiso to hold down Madrids mid field pressure. He should have reacted well before the 60th min when it was already clear Madrid were bound to get a goal.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I love these type of videos. They really give you an insight to the tactical side of the game and show just how effective changing one players role can be. I was there was a bigger emphasis on appreciating this. The InvertedFullback also had great vids on similar topics.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Allegri does not have options on the bench, With Higuain flopping his final as usual, and Cuadrado in bad form, he played that 3-5-2 with Barzagli as an RB and Dani Alves in midlefield. If Cuadrado was in a good day, Alves would be RB and Cuadrado upfront. Other than that, Bench players like Lemina are not CL final caliber...
They should have concentrated on zonal approach like they did with Barca, Dybala defensively was really poor, second goal was his mistake on launching the counter...
Anyway, Zidane edged it, but he had more weapons, Allegri could not rely on his bench.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

As much as I love this video, I disagree with the last changes out of 3 (the most impacted one is to have Kroos to press up more (he diden't really marked anyone).

Zidane also made the mid played closer to the defs and the strikers, played more possession game. While not having a ball, they played Juve's game as an underdog, and pressed. Awesome reflection.

With that being said, beside the first time, Juve's squad wasn't deep enough, Real was superior in all way, strength and mentality.

Did I mention how BAD Higuain was??? Jesus... so terrible

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I agree with you all here. Juve did not have the bench to match, and when tactics changed, Allegri did not adjust quick enough.

I really wanted to say that Juve was just off their game, but I give full credit to Real. They surely were the better team!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Zidane really impress me because at first, I thought he was only going to motivate his player and be like a mentor for them all. I wasn't expecting him to bring such good strategy as well! Congrats to him, even if he got propably the best team at the moment in the world, he deserve every success going his way imo! Congrats Zidane, you beautiful bald legend! ;)