Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Kevin de Bruyne
Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

He is so fantastic. Unbeliveable how good he is at the moment. Walks to defence to bring the ball out, has best through ball next to Messi and probably best cross in world... Seriously, is this guy best player in PL? How come Belgium can't make system with Lukaku, Hazard, Mertens and him, but fail to win?

On this form he is best midfielder in the world and best player in PL, this is slap to the face of people claiming Pep is fraud. He made one of most exciting teams in the world.

Comments
Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I agree that KdB is the best player in the PL right now. Probably the best in-form midfielder in the world right now. I don't know about Thiago, but Verratti and Kroos have been solid (but not stellar) and Modric has missed a few games here and there.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Emo don't forget Isco, he has been doing really great for Madrid and Spain too :p

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

The Emobot7 effect is powerful as shown in the comment above lol.

Anyway on topic, he is the most in form player right now, it's absolutely disgusting. He was very disappointing last year for his status but it seems he is surpassing his self from 2 years ago. This season is a big test to see if he is the man for the future.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@amir lol I'll just leave it like that

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Best player in the league without a doubt, hard to compare him now to anyone else in EPL.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Easily the best player in EPL, and obviously among top 5 in the world right now.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Ever since he started in Chelsea it was clear that he had the drive and wanted the ball in his feet all the time to make those plays but he was younger back then and I think Mourinho didn't like that he wanted more freedom and less discipline so he was let go, now at 26 and close to his prime years he is playing really well I said that about him weeks ago.

I think that he would be in this form today regardless of who is his coach but Pep's system with alot of ball possession helps De Bruyne and makes him play with less pressure and more freedom which is what he needs so at least Pep accepted him and after last seasons full of trial and error it's clear that 4-3-3 suits De Bruyne the best as well as it's the best for Man City currently

Key mid players for City are in fact De Bruyne and the very much underrated Fernandinho.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Give this guy the Ballon d'Or already, he is seriously underrated. He must be top 5 in the world easily.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Easily the best player in the PL!! The man is incredible!! Unbelievable... City are so lucky to have him! :)

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

i know right!!!! he has like everything a player can need!!!

Croatian 7 years ago

He's been godly since his playing days in Werder and Wolfsburg, his spell at Chelsea didn't go well but after that he was awesome. It is really unbeliveable how he rocketed this season, early call for POTY.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

Totally!

But let's have a look at this in a slightly different angle.

KDB deserves everything, but shall we take a moment to appreciate PEP's tactic and his teammates, which gives him all the spaces, the possibility to excel.

The MC's teamwork and off-ball movements are insane, yesterday I watched MOTD on BBC and they analyzed this part, which I agree 100%.

Great stuffs from Pep.

mancitydude 7 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Peps ideology on football is stunning.....he is currently creating the worlds best football team. Because he has managed teams like Bayern Munich and Barcelona, i thought that he might only win with good teams. However he has turned a fairly good team into a world class one. Looking forward to many trophies please Pep..........Kevin De Buyne has a sweet left foot as well as right, making him indestructible. Sweeet finih against chelsea with his left.......incredible passing against Stoke, immense through balls....does anyone know his passing accuracy in that game????

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I think everyone should give Pep credit for knowing how to spend the money this summer, the defense is now really good and the players have no pressure when playing they enjoy their game and there are no calculations.
Last season he was putting Kolarov as a centre back and changing formations now everything looks polished 4-3-3 and with Kompany,Mangala,Stones,Otamendi in the backline there is no way that City will be missing something for the title race.

There are also rumors of him wanting to get Messi :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think everyone should give Pep credit for knowing how to spend the money this summer, the defense is now really good and the players have no pressure when playing they enjoy their game and there are no calculations.
Last season he was putting Kolarov as a centre back and changing formations now everything looks polished 4-3-3 and with Kompany,Mangala,Stones,Otamendi in the backline there is no way that City will be missing something for the title race.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@mancitydude: uhmn, I hate to but I must agree.

@Golazo: true. The main different is this year MC's defend has improved massively. Give them more confident and stability to go up front. And in addition to that, Pep's style is in shape, players are more used to it and the team's plan is more fluid. Scary

Croatian 7 years ago

Pep gets underrated a lot because he didn't win everything he can with Bayern but he has been trying to do it with set of players that just weren't made for it, excluding Xabi and Thiago. He is now in City with perfect players for it, you can see how well it is organized and how they can have amazing build-ups, counters, pressing, everything. Literally made great stuff.

Of course people will still call him Fraudiola for not winning league in 1st season.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Of course, I had to take a smart break from FR the moment someone make a thread on one of my favorite player of all time. :( But more seriously, I agree with a lot of what been said as of now. KDB is really an excellent creator, he work hard, can deliver some of the best pass out there and is a great shot as well. Add to it a smart football brain and you got yourself one of the best player at his position.

Also, its true that I among many other might have underestimated Pep, he was clearly still dealing with a lots of problem in his first season and managed to fix a lots of those this summer, also, a lot of the player he brought in his first season are doing much better right now. Actually, the whole team seem much better than usual. Great stuff he is doing. I simply hope he won't eliminated too quickly in CL this season. :)

@Yvan Propably the fault of my profile pic. XD

@Amir I for one is happy to see I made my name here. :P

mancitydude 7 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

@DarioUtd
u support everyone apart from Man Utd............u thinking of swapping to city soon, or are you still 'like' chasing...LOL

#ILoveKevin

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@mancitydude Mate, its not because a rival agree a rival player is good that he he doesn't support his team. Please be nice. :(