Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Let the trolls ban themselves
_Pelle_ 7 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

We've had some problems with trolls in this site through the years... although they are (luckily) a small minority, they tend to stir up angry feelings and/or insult other ppl in here.

As a suggestion, I was wondering if it is not possible for the site to automatically ban (temporarily/permanently) someone who reaches a number of downvotes during a specific period of time. That way the site would make those trolls keep a track of and ban themselves. Like -50 votes a day and get banned a week... -100 a day and get banned permanently. Of course a comment can be really just be poor and have no malicious intention... and that's why we should also tolerate a bit of "whining" from some and raise the bar to where the score reaches a "trolling" level.

The reason I write this is because some ppl comment for no other reason than to get as much downvotes as possible. Anyone can get downvotes, but persistently getting it and reaching scores of -500 or -1000 or even lower... That is because that person is doing it on purpose... It's not that hard to be polite.

Finally I hope we can all help each other making this place nice to be in... even if we might have our differences and rivalries.

Peace!

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

We've had some problems with trolls in this site through the years... although they are (luckily) a small minority, they tend to stir up angry feelings and/or insult other ppl in here.

As a suggestion, I was wondering if it is not possible for the site to automatically ban (temporarily/permanently) someone who reaches a number of downvotes during a specific period of time. In that way the site would make those trolls would keep a track of and ban themselves. Like -50 votes a day and get banned a week... -100 a day and get banned permanently. Of course a comment can be really just be poor and have no malicious intention... and that's why we should also tolerate a bit of "whining" from some and raise the bar to where the score reaches a "trolling" level.

The reason I write this is because some ppl comment for no other reason than to get as much downvotes as possible. Anyone can get downvotes, but persistently getting it and reaching scores of -500 or -1000 or even lower... That is because that person is doing it on purpose... It's not that hard to be polite.

Finally I hope we can all help each other making this place nice to be in... even if we might have our differences and rivalries.

Peace!

Comments
DarioUtd 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 27 493

GREAT suggestion bro!!! That would be very handy indeed!! :D +1

• History

GREAT suggestion bro!!! That would be very handy indeed!! :D

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Well if someone was so inclined they could ban an member by making 100 accounts and down voting , hell with the right macro you could ban every member on the site in a few hours, just saying

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Axactly as Golefty said.

FR must then have a very smart data mining engine to stage all that before taking action. Smart enough to learn the behavioral troll actions versus bot-iterative commands.

But nevertheless. Still an excellent idea, FR can analyze number of swear words, downvoted etc...

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Nice suggestion!!

_Pelle_ 7 years ago

Tuan_jinn: But you also have admins checking things that are way out of what is normal... instead of checking every single comment. It would be a helpful tool, not something the entire site would rely on.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

How about using Pelle's idea but instead of banning we just bring it to the moderators' attention? For example: A comment with a score of -10 or lower gets automatically flagged. The moderators can then check out what's wrong with the comment (if anything at all).

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Thats brillant. I like it. :D

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Sometimes users down vote a comment just because it doesn't align with their club, for e.g pro barca comments on a madrid page , or vise versa. or when someone attempts a failed joke like one of those "this is BIll jokes " and get -40 likes, should they be banned for that, i have found the website to have a lot less trolls lately and when it happens i find the moderators handle it well. but if its a huge problem still maybe something else need s to be looked at

do you guys feel the trolling is out of controll :P

• History

Sometimes users down vote a comment just because it doesn't align with their club, for e.g pro barca comments on a madrid page , or vise versa. or when someone attempts a failed joke like one of those "this is BIll jokes " and get -40 likes, should they be banned for that, i have found the website to have alot less trolls lately and when it happens i find the moderators handle it well. but if its a huge problem still maybe something else need s to be looked at

do you guys feel the trolling is out of controll :P

_Pelle_ 7 years ago Edited

Golefty: I mentioned that in my comment. And I thought of it as a help. Like Dynastian suggested

• History

Golefty; I mentioned that in my comment. And I thought of it as a help. Like Dynastian suggested

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yess, thats excellent idea. Auto flag

Lord_Bendtner 7 years ago
Denmark 1 296

I cant stop score so much. Will I get flagged for spam?