Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Malaga vs Real Madrid
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

i think its a fair conversation now that Barcelona has made their concerns public.

If i were to see this happen at a normal game i would think wow , what terrible defending. I would not immediately think he did it on purpose, but considering the context of the game, and the teams, And the rivalries. Do you think Villaneuva let the ball get to Ronaldo?

MALETÍN DEL BUENO.

Y TIENEN LOS SANTOS COJONES DE DECIR QUE LA HAN GANADO CON VALORES Y HUMILDAD. MALETINES EVERYWHERE.

Posted by Soy Antimadridista on Monday, May 22, 2017
Comments
DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

If you look at his body positioning and how he is constantly turning to see where Ronaldo is, in my opinion, Villaneuva thought he could turn away from pressure assuming Ronaldo was rushing in like many attackers do in the box. Had CR7 done just that, Villaneuva would have let the ball through, turned and been down the wing.

Ronaldo stayed, however, and of course, you see what happened then.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Well, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose but its no secret Malaga manager played in Real before and wanted them to win the league so of course people wonder if the victory was completely fair. I believe it is though.

Edit: Just read the defender was not normaly a first team player. Stat wise, Malaga won only 3 game of the 14 game Villanueva started and in only 2 of those 14 games did the team manage to keep a clean sheet. In other word, maybe Malaga manager field him on purpose. :(

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, I'm sure he didn't too it on purpose but its no secret Malaga manager played in Real before and wanted them to win the league so of course people wonder if the victory was completely fair. I believe it is though.

Well, I'm sure he didn't do it on purpose but its no secret Malaga manager played in Real before and wanted them to win the league so of course people wonder if the victory was completely fair. I believe it is though.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ofcourse he did ! Lol You really think Real just went out there smashed Malaga ? They usually have a hard time in Malaga . As far as Barcelona they should look in the mirror themselves , before poking dirt out of someones eye , when they have maggots in their own .

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@darth Footy , i dont really get what your saying , he was aware of where the ball was and Ronaldo, he should have just cleared, you never let the ball bounce in the box

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

You really can't win as a defender. Turning off the volume on that video helps with objectivity quite a bit by the way.

I highly doubt that was on purpose. Ronaldo has so many different ways he can come at you, simply holding your ground can look dumb, and that's what looks to have happened to that poor guy.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

@Golefty I agree. He should have pounced to clear the ball, something the coach hopefully will get on him about. He did seem more concerned with where CR7 was and when the ball did drop, he (I assume) figured Ronaldo would overplay, thus having the angle to turn and go out with it.

Defensive mistake all around really, but his attempt to improvise was there. In my opinion, of course.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@sunflash i doubt it too,
but malaga are usually very hard to play at home for the bigger clubs, its like derby, i think its safe to say the coach didnt care to win

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

I don't think he did it on purpose. It's just a bad piece of defense. I saw during the game a Malaga team that wanted to win the game. They had some good chances and played attacking football. Madrid were just clinical at finishing their chances, and Keylor Navas had a brilliant game. Also, last time I heard this was brought up by some lunatic "Barcelona supporters" (antimadridistas) grasping at straws to discredit Madrid's title.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

When Barcelona wins a league title, we shut up and try to win the next.

When we win a league title, they start screaming corruption. We've won one league title out of the last five seasons. How on Earth is this rigged?

You want to see rigged? Go watch the penalty they gave to Alba in the same bloody matchday against Eibar.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Hey mate, you really need to calm down about this, it won't be the first time a "minority" of visible Barca fan will yell out at the injustice. Also, I'm sure not every Madrid fan accept Barca win without calling them cheater or diver. Its all a question of not putting everyone in the same boat lads. I for one (not a Barca fan) don't think it was rigged. I do think however that Malaga manager would rather have Real as Champion than Barca, and to be fair, there is nothing wrong with that considering his background. Don't listen to people calling out some controversy, ignore them, instead, enjoy the win. Talking about it mate, I realize I never asked how you feel about Real winning La Liga. Myself, I alway thought Zidane deserved it, last year, he had only lost it by 1 point and it wasn't even his first full season. And as a neutral, even though I have a small preference for Barca (blame Fifa 12 for that) I'm still overjoyed to see a new spanish champion. :)

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@dynastian those are some really good points
i meant no disrespect with the post and Real had a great season
however it is too bad that the defense was shitty enough to give people something to complain about, I think also the reason that people are not shutting up and taking the loss as you say is because it all came down to the last match day

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It was extremely smelly indeed, but It could very well be the defender extremely sucked so bad... It almost looked worst than amateur football, but it can happen any day.

I dont think bring Ronaldo into this makes any sense, the defender just sucked, he didn't even attempt to do anything nor knowing what to do (the basic training would be to clear the ball or attempt to clear the ball) not try to hold it or doing anything other than clearing it, the ball wasn't even fast.

Like @Emo has said, this guy sucks and not a regular starting 11. Was that a choice, of course it was, why would Malaga play their heart out and make it difficult for Real since that brings them no benefit whatsoever. Was that rigged? I dont think so.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Also, from what I hear, Malaga get a bonus if Real won the league because of a clause in Isco transfer to Real Madrid. Even though Malaga manager confirmed his team wouldn't play to lose. So yeah, I agree that fielding Villanueva was choice by the coach but it doesn't mean it was rigged. :)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

All 34 of the Madrid games have been like this.

Probably going to rob Juventus and Buffon.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@amir Come on mate, don't be like that, Real this year have been really good. I do hope Juve can beat them in the final though. I mean, Zidane will get the chance to win CL with Real in the future, Buffon won't get as many to win it again. :(

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Dynastian is right. for the last decade Barcelona has won more league titles than anyone else in La Liga. In that Eibar match the two penalties that were awarded were ghost calls... Last year we've all seen what happened when Barcelona almost blew a 13 point lead against Real Madrid and don't get me started on the amount of the offside goals that were scored by Suarez...

Also, just a fun fact, Barcelona is the ONLY team in La Liga to not concede a penalty in the 2016-2017 campaign (I can think of a few penalties that could've been awarded to the opposition). This is pathetic people lol.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Calma calma