Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester Derby Post Discussion
Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

So, City won again, thanks to defensive error pherhap but it doesn't change the fact theiy are now 11 point clear of their closest rival. Thought on the game and on what it mean?

Personaly, two player really marked me in this game, Ederson with that point blank stop against both Lukaku and Mata, that was superb, even if think that if he continue like that against other big team, he propably gonna have more head injury in a single season than some player in their career. The other player is Lukaku... Who doesn't seem very good at clearing ball it seem. :(

Comments
quikzyyy 6 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

maybe Lukaku just wanted to re-pay the free goals like Arsenal gave them last week?

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Some games everything goes your way and other...is like Man United tonight.

NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

City is just the better team, that's all.

SunFlash 6 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Lukaku literally had two assists and fucked up a golden chance. What a knobhead.

I also don't understand why we're trash from set pieces. We didn't concede from one at Arsenal, but probably deserved to, not to mention twice today...City barely created any actually good chances until the end, we just gifted them two goals for no reason. We have a bunch of monsters, Lukaku, Matic, Smalling, Rojo, they're all huge, we should not be having these issues.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lukaku literally had two assists and fucked up a golden chance. What a knobhead.

ashwin1729 6 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

Bad game plan from Mou. Although the goals they scored came from United's mistakes, City played better than us. Rashford needs to play striker in big games. So far Lukaku has been a waste. Not having Pogba was also detrimental to the title challenge. First his injury, and now his red card. I'll be ok with a second place finish this year; but if Mou fails to win EPL and UCL next season, I'd have some grave reservations if he continues.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@quikzyyy Karma is good and all but this might be a bit too much. Beside, they are other team he could have given free goal instead of City. :P

@Golazo You can say that, this game was all about thing not going right. Actually, the 3 goal are based on defensive mistake imo.

@Sunflash That moment when a midget like David Silva score on a corner against one of the team with the biggest player in the league, you know it just not your day. Sometime, I feel like United biggest enemy is itself in big game. :(

@Ashwin Well, I liked the fact he went with a very offensive and attacking formation with Martial, Lukaku and Rashford upfront but if they not seeing any of the ball, it doesn't serve much. :( Its pretty crazy to think United has the best team in term of depth and of quality but still cannot do a thing if they lose Pogba... :(

Also, talking about karma and Pogba, I feel like his whole statement about having City player injured jinxed him. :P

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Kind of off topic, but can anyone link me to the video of Lukaku trying to score an own goal against Arsenal which I keep reading about.

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

The question is, why on earth was he in our box defending when he is our no. 9? Why is he doing our defender's job?

This shamble of disorganization is the reason why we aren't convincing contenders of this season. City look much more organized, much more composed, and best of all, they actually play good football!

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Emobot7

I'll try be more active, just for you :P
And if that's not enough I got you a cake :)

enter image description here

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

The question is, why on earth was he in our box defending when he is our no. 9? Why is he doing our defender's job?
This shamble of disorganization is the reason why we aren't convincing contenders of this season. City look much more organized, much more composed, and best of all, they actually play good football!

He's in there cause he's big af. Watch any team with a big striker, Ibra, Giroud, Ronaldo, etc etc etc, all of them are in the box defending corners. I literally cannot think of a 6' striker or taller that doesn't defend corners.

I don't know what game you were watching, but as terrible as United was, City was pretty trash for big stretches of the game too. They made like one good chance before the 80th minute when United was throwing defenders forward. I think it was a terrible tactical decision to give them THE ENTIRE F*CKING MIDFIELD but it's not like they did anything with it. It honestly looked like an LVG game we would've played 2 years ago - from their perspective. "But they actually play good football!" Didn't see any of that good shite yesterday.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

My input would be: disappointed. It wasn't a nice game to watch

Look at our mid and the front... it's like I played PES 2006 or Fifa 12, put any fast wingers there so they can pace shit up... Looking at the line up I already said we came in the game to get a bus-draw...

Although, Man City wasn't that great, one of the main reason because our defend was packed, we didn't want to attack. Man City defend was shit too, but well..

Lukaku's fault beside his clumsy mistake it's the system error. It's very normal for the main striker to go back in the box and helped during corner... BUT, should only be in the mid of the crowd to block, or clear things up, not at far post... and that where it hit us...

I didn't like Mou's tactic this game

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Well, I thought City looked good if only how they kept possession, however you are right on the point they barely had any good chance in the game. I like to think thats more because Manchester United played well defensively but you got more experience than me so I'm going to go with what you said.

@IHEART Sun's right, it happen often that striker defend on corner, I still remember this one time Kane scored a beauty in his own goal on a corner. XD

@tuan_jinn Well, considering we had two 0-0 draw in the last four manchester derby, you can bet I'm not going to complain about this one. Sure, it was a closed game with few occasion and United saw little of the ball especially in the early part of the match but I thought they were some great engagement at time and that it was it had good intensity as far as derbies goes. :)

@Eden Yeah! Thanks for the cake! Here one for you as well: enter image description here

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

You're right, City did play pretty awful too (dunno where my head was at the time), but this loss just disappoints me. Herrera's been dogshite this whole season and needs to step up big time. He never really looked like the star midfielder that I expected him to be in spite of his passion.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

So, by the way, it seemed there was a big fight between the United and City players right after the game. From what I heard, Mourinho went over the away locker room because the City player were partying hard and making a lot of sound with music and stuff like that. Mou asked them to tone it down a bit and show more respect, then Ederson and him entered a dispute in portuguese and it shortly erupted into a fight. Full article here for those interested, it doesn't sound like good news for either of these 2 team: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5165449/Man-Utd-Man-City-players-fight-tunnel-derby.html

Thought?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, by the way, it seemed there was a big fight between the United and City players right after the game. From what I heard, Mourinho went over the away locker room because the City player were partying hard and making a lot of sound with music and stuff like that. Mou asked them to tone it down a bit and show more respect, then Ederson and him entered a dispute in portuguese and it shortly erupted into a fight. Full article here for those interested, it doesn't sound like good news for either of these 2 team: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5165449/Man-Utd-Man-City-players-fight-tunnel-derby.html

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

i was thinking WTF is Lukaku doing in the heart of defence.....isnt he meant to be up front waiting for the counter and through balls???
very helpful assists i must admit............
i also hate how all my man utd fan friends r all using the excuse that a suspended pogba made them lose

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

i also hate how all my man utd fan friends r all using the excuse that a suspended pogba made them lose

It's not an excuse, fact is Pogba is their best player. We also beat them when they didn't have Pogba and also both games are now proof that Lukaku isn't good enough for big games, so Morata > Lukaku.

NovaRuk 6 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

City didn't have Stones, Mendy, Kompany got injured halftime and Aguero didn't even play so it's kinda an excuse.

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

7 goals in the first 7 prem games..............1 in the last 7.....oops?!?!
sorry Lukakwho??

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@NovaRuk And they played Delph as left-back, if that isn't an handicap, I don't know what is.

Btw, no thought on the battle that took place after the game?