Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

A bit of banter everyone enjoys . No hard feelings at the end.

@emo are you implying i need to start living my life ?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Nah mate, cause it would also imply I have no life. XD I got no problem with banter myself, as long as everyone involved is cool with it. ;)

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 38 1000

Lukaku scored 25 goals and got everton only 7 points, that is shocking.

What did I just read? What do you mean by 7points? I hope you're assuming 7th place, which is a very good result for Everton considering the resources they had against the other top 6 clubs, and scoring 25 goals is quite a very impressive feet. This isn't FIFA17...

• History

What did I just read? What do you mean by 7points? I hope you're assuming 7th place, which is a very good result for Everton considering the resources they had against the other top 6 clubs, and scoring 25 goals is quite a very impressive feet. This isn't FIFA...

What did I just read? What do you mean by 7points? I hope you're assuming 7th place, which is a very good result for Everton considering the resources they had against the other top 6 clubs, and scoring 25 goals is quite a very impressive feet. This isn't FIFA16...

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Means that he scored alot of useless goals, everton would still end up at 7th place without his goals.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

LOL, now you're just hating. I bet you wouldn't be saying the same thing if he'd come to your club. Conte wanted him so badly.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

anyone who says they don't rate lukaku needs to get out there and watch some of his football.

nigelpayne 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 15 484

lukaku and pogba r gonna b insane

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Ok

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

@nigelpayne Yes that duo will be one of the best that I am looking forward to watch in UCL. Lukaku should play a bit behind to make the best of it tho. I am pretty sure Mou will think of something.

• History

^Yes that duo will be one of the best that I am looking forward to watch in UCL. Lukaku should play a bit behind to make the best of it tho. I am pretty sure Mou will think of something.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@iHEARTfootball @Chelsea8 Actually, we kind of made a comparison between him and Sanchez a while in term of point won for their team and I do believe that Lukaku points won for his team was higher than seven. However, it was indeed lower than Alexis, despite scoring one more goal so I wouldn't be that hard on Chelsea8, given he does make a point to some extend. He sometime score goal when the game are already over, a few of them even in stopage time. But then again, its fair to say Kane won the golden boot that way as well, what with him scoring something like 7 goal in his last 2 match. So yeah, the so called best striker all score useless goal from time to time, at the very least, it good for the goal difference if team end up on the same number of point at end of season and will put fear in the defense mind. So I agree in the end that will its true Lukaku don't alway score crucial goal, you cannot argue he isn't a clinical scorer and that any team who take him lightly will surely be punished. ;)

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

If Mou can get out of Lukaku what he got out of Drogba...

...then the league is in trouble. I have a feeling this is going to be a hell of a signing, looking back a year from now.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Lodatz When its you saying it like that, I gotta even get excited by the prospect of Lukaku being incredible for Manchester United. Anyway, been a while since I last saw you mate, how are you? ;)

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Drogba in his prime didn't score more goals during a season then Lukaku did for Everton the past few years. Doesn't mean I'm saying Lukaku is the better player overall, but he sure is in terms of EPL goals.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Well, maybe, but Drogba was a big game player for Chelsea and scored a lot of important goal, whereas, I remember seeing a commentary about Lukaku, saying he love "scoring hat-trick against peasant" and of course, peasant stand for weaker side. Still not a bad thing considering all the draw United conceded to weaker opposition.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Drogba's job wasn't just to score ... He was one man army upfront and big man for big occasions ! Ask Arsenal fans and if you remember he created plenty of trouble for United in every game !

@lodatz

I must agree and i hope you are wrong and the same time i am not hater and I never want to wish failure for anyone .

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I really hope Mou can get the best out of him.

Comparing him to Droba seems odd in this case... I think Drogba was MILES ahead, in all term except scoring numbers (Im not even talking about top elite games).

Lukaku can be amazing at times, but I also saw a lot of terrible ball handling, one two touches and headless shootings from him... If Mou can improve this, it will be a hell of a signing. Hopefully.

Right now, there aren't much awesome striker on the market that we can sign, my problem with this transfer is the fee... a bit overrated I must say

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Drogba didn't have a first touch of a dinosaur

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Drogba didn't have a first touch of a dinosaur

Lol Lukaku's first touch is so bad it'll be like Rooney never left

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Hahaha banter!
I thought i would get alot of hate for that comment 😂

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

United have become an even bigger joke.

Since 9 May 2013, they had just gotten worse and worse and worse...

The sacked one just wants to finish 6th again.

Last season, they bought CB, CM, RM and ST.

This season, they have/want, CB, CM, RM AND ST.

Let's not forget, Lukaku is not an upgrade from Ibra, and this whole Pogba + Lukaku = EPL is not true, you United fans will only realise through time the sad state of your own club.

It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about how powerful and toxic the bite of the dog is. Lukaku cried like a baby for not playing in the Champions League final when there was Drogba, so he will never be a winner.

Rather pay 50 million on Lacazette or 90 million on Belloti than Lukaku. Even 90 million on Morata would be better for me.

Good luck United, but I see you finishing 6th at best this season.

• History

United have become an even bigger joke.

Since 9 May 2013, they had just gotten worse and worse and worse...

The sacked one just wants to finish 6th again.

Last season, they bought CB, CM, RM and ST.

This season, they have/want, CB, CM, RM AND ST.

Let's not forget, Lukaku is not an upgrade from Ibra, and this whole Pogba + Lukaku = EPL is not true, you United fans will only realise through time the sad state of your own club.

It's not about the size of the dog in the fight, it's about how powerful and toxic the bite of the dog is. Lukaku cried like a baby for not playing in the Champions League final when there was Drogba, so he will never be a winner.

Good luck United, but I see you finishing 6th at best this season.