Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United Sign Romelu Lukaku!
TheGame 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United 104 1380

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
A further announcement will be made in due course.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

My current strongest line-up is as follows:
enter image description here

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Manchester United just announced the signing of Romelu Lukaku. According to the official website:

"Manchester United is delighted to announce that it has agreed a fee with Everton for the transfer of Romelu Lukaku. The transfer is subject to a medical and personal terms.
"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shows that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season.

"

I think this signing will definitely make us more of a threat up front, since scoring goals was a huge problem last season. Another central midfielder signing to adequately replace the losses of Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin would make us title challengers. I still don't think we are title favorites (that honor belongs to Spurs and Liverpool currently), but depending on the transfer window it's still a possibility. The fixture list is in our favor, no doubt and Mourinho has shown that he is capable of rotating the team well enough during times of fixture pile up.

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

"

Feel free to post your own or comment on how we will fare this season. Oh and sorry Chelsea fans, but Lukaku looks better in red ;)

Comments
AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Honestly it's like arguing with a 10 years old who never watched Drogba in the past but watched Lukaku Because he is just 10 years old and think he is the best lol Same with those young Messi and Ronaldo lovers saying they are the best in the history of football and no one comes close to them. Simply because they haven't seen good players before.

It's kinda disrespectful not appreciating the real Legends. It's like nowadays young kids loving Justin Bieber and think his music is by far better than the old music.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@AlexBatak To be fair, Drogba has alway been a bit underapreciated and mostly by fan from other team, Dynast in particular has never been a fan for exemple. Whats important is not that most people don't realize how great Drogba was, its that us, the fan from the team he played for never forget how great he was and still is. ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Lukaku is not at the level of Drogba, he doesn't have the power, techique and strenght as Drogba had even though he is quite strong himself.
Instead of already bashing a legend like Drogba calm your horses and lets see how he does in Manchester United as the main target man now, Chelsea could have had Lukaku but what's done is done.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@emobot and @Golazo Cheers. That's what mature people talk. Not because Drogba terrorized all big clubs they are supposed to hate him. Adults and true Football fans will appreciate football players even if they were their rivals. Henry, Drogba, Lampard, Gerrard, Terry, Van Der Sar, Scholes, Giggs and the endless list of legends they were a true pleasure to watch.

AlexBatak 7 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

As for Lukaku, good luck to him, wish him the best, but before comparing him to a Legend he needs to be one. So come back in 10 years and tell me what he achieved and we can compare him if you wish.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

How can you even compare Lukaku with Drogba -_-

TheGame 7 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Drogba came to Chelsea at the age of 26 having only been prolific for one season in his career, which was at Marseille the year prior. Lukaku, who is only 24 right now, has achieved infinitesimally more in less time as a professional footballer. To say the two are incomparable or saying it's like "Messi v. Crouch", is just lunacy. And this is coming from someone who is a huge fan of Drogba. I love the guy. He was a difference maker in big games and was a thorn in United's a** while he was at Chelsea. With that being said, Lukaku is scary good, and with the right guidance under Mourinho he can become just as good as Drogba was at the end of his career and, if the trajectory continues, even surpass him.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

@Emrecan, ikr. Let's be honest. The only reason why he's being compared to Drogba is because he idolized Drogba...and they're both black. Other than that, Drogba was a much more superior player.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@TheGame Well, he need to be consistent and show a good performance against top team before that, thats for sure. Doesn't matter if you score 40 goal a season if you scored 5 goal in the 8 only game in wich your team win. Still I understand United fan to be positive about Lukaku but I would recomend you guys to wait before getting too excited. If Lukaku wasn't as good as you are expecting right now, it could be another dissapointment for you guys. :(

@Alex Cheers indeed. ;)

@iHEART @Emre At last, people which I can agree with, well, who are not Chelsea fan that is. +1 mates. ;)

• History

@TheGame Well, he need to be consistent and show a good performance against top team before that, thats for sure. Doesn't matter if you score 40 goal a season if you scored 5 goal in the 8 only game in wich your team win. Still I understand United fan to be positive about Lukaku but I would recomend you guys to wait before getting too excited. If Lukaku wasn't as good as you are expecting right now, it could be another dissapointment for you guys. :(

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@TheGame Lukaku is better goal scorer than Drogba. That is literally the only thing I'm welling to let go of. If you seriously think that only being a better goal scorer = being a better overall talent/footballer than I'll respectfully disagree with your opinion.

I probably should stop arguing the obvious lol. Think what you will the man is chillin with all of the glory.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

If we compare what Drogba was at age 24 to what Lukaku is at age 24, Lukaku is miles better. That is what was being discussed before Alex crashed this thread. That is not even a argument. What no one is trying to say is that Lukaku is better now than prime Drogba. What we are trying to say is that Lukaku has an excellent chance to be better than prime Drogba.

But hey, why actually follow a discussion when you can run into a thread and flame it into the ground?

gg Chelsea fans, especially you Alex, you stupid melt

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Why compare him to drogba ffs? He first has to become better than kane then we can start comparing him to legends who could win games by themselves lol

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

The guy is comparing him to drogba at the age of 24...... why are you ignoring this and change it to drogbas career?

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

No one was better than him. No one.

Yeah Alex, I find it hard pressed to think of forwards who were better than Drogba in these past 20 years. Not like Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Henry, etc. existed.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Drogba came to Chelsea when he was around 26-27 years old anyway, he didn't even play in the Premier League when he was 24 years old.
Lukaku has been in the Premier League since was was around 18-19.

Totally 2 different careers, Lukaku in his first 6 years in PL didn't do much as a youngster.
Drogba came as a top player to Chelsea and got into the first 11 easy.

Nobody can guarantee that Lukaku will be half as good as Drogba was, sure he scored alot of goals for Everton but did he take Everton to a Champions League semi final in his first years or did he ever score in the Champions League final? Did he break the scoring record for his country? Did he win the league in his first and second season making 2 titles in a row? No he didn't.

• History

Drogba came to Chelsea when he was around 26-27 years old anyway, he didn't even play in the Premier League when he was 24 years old.
Lukaku has been in the Premier League since was was around 18-19.

Totally 2 different careers, Lukaku in his first 6 years in PL didn't do much as a youngster.
Drogba came as a top player to Chelsea and got into the first 11 easy.

Nobody can guaratee that Lukaku will be half as good as Drogba was, sure he scored alot of goals for Everton but did he take Everton to a Champions League semi final in his first years or did he ever score in the Champions League final? Did he break the scoring record for his country? Did he win the league in his first and second season making 2 titles in a row? No he didn't.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Nobody can guarantee that Lukaku will be half as good as Drogba was, sure he scored alot of goals for Everton but did he take Everton to a Champions League semi final in his first years or did he ever score in the Champions League final? Did he break the scoring record for his country? Did he win the league in his first and second season making 2 titles in a row? No he didn't.

What no one is trying to say is that Lukaku is better now than prime Drogba. What we are trying to say is that Lukaku has an excellent chance to be better than prime Drogba.

If I could reach through my screen and slap you I would.

ashwin1729 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 10 704

Lukaku's dreadful first touch and the chances he missed...seems like we'll play well and still not finish...again,

• History

Lukaku's deadful first touch and the chances he missed...seems like we'll play well and still not finish...again,

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Have to agree with everything SunFlash and Dynastian said.
Before joining in with your biased opinions, make sure to actually read what people in the thread were arguing about beforehand.

• History

Have to agree with everything SunFlash and Dynastian said.
Before you voice your biased opinions, make sure to actually read what you're arguing about.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

How many of you actually watched Drogba at the age of 24 though?

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

hahahaha @emrecan great question ! I bet you none of the ones who are saying Lukaku at 24 is better than Drogba !