Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Manchester United vs Chelsea (EPL) Pre and Post Talk
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

Important game for both side this week-end.

• Manchester United will have to play Chelsea without either Mata, Smalling and Phil Jones, wich are all injured. This also mean Bailly and Rojo haven't had the chance to be rotated, there is a risk of them being weary because of the game against Anderlect. Both Herrera and Fellaini are expected to start.
  • Chelsea however doesn't have deal with any injury at the moment or with fatigue as they had plenty of time to rest.
  • At the end of the day, MU could really use a win here to keep the hope of a top four finish alife while Chelsea will do everything they can no to give any point to Tottenham this week-end and get closer to the title they crave so much.

I'm predicting a small win for Chelsea as they have their whole squad fit and rested contrary to United who made a recent trip to Belgium for their draw with Anderlect.

My prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Important game for both side this week-end.

• Manchester United will have to play Chelsea without either Mata, Smalling and Phil Jones, wich are all injured. This also mean Bailly and Rojo haven't had the change to be rotated, there is a risk of them being weary because of the game against Anderlect. Both Herrera and Fellaini are expected to start.
  • Chelsea however doesn't have deal with any injury at the moment or with fatigue as they had plenty of time to rest.
  • At the end of the day, MU could really use a win here to keep the hope of a top four finish alife while Chelsea will do everything they can no to give any point to Tottenham this week-end and get closer to the title they crave so much.

I'm predicting a small win for Chelsea as they have their whole squad fit and rested contrary to United who made a recent trip to Belgium for their draw with Anderlect.

My prediction: Manchester United 1-2 Chelsea

Comments
nandaYNWA 7 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

gasp

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

This Chelsea looked weak and a shadow of the other version that left them on top of the league. Props to United for the massive team effort. Bailey and Rojo did well to play phsysical with Costa. Herrera and Fellaini bossed midfield. 0 shots on target was pretty awful from Chelsea.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

I think it was more chelsea performing bad than united being good.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Yes Chelsea were awful but then again United had a great team setup . However, that handball was obvious as a day and it let to That early goal which had a psychological impact on Chelsea . Did United deserve to win ? Yes . However, again i hate this matches when referees mess up on big calls . Such an obvious handball .

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Do you guys think Tottenham will be able to catch Chelsea?

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

It would be hard for chelsea not to win it,

enter image description here

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

chelsea8

It would be hard for chelsea not to win it

I don't necessarily disagree, but I would incline to think that the 3 4 3's weaknesses are being exposed. If Palace beat you, I don't see why a Southampton or Everton could take draws or even wins to cut the gap. Maybe more teams

However, it would all depend on Tottenham. Last season they ended their season weakly.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Nahhh still Chelsea's title to loose . Spurs will drop points for sure and will loose a game or two

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@amir nobody has exposed the system, the matches that we lost this year wasn't because we were exposed it was just our players underperforming.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think Spurs still have to face United, no?

ashwin1729 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

General thoughts:

Rashford and Lingard were constantly pressuring the CBs in the front. I would say Lingard had a mediocre day with his shooting.

Herrera/Pogba combination: I've was a big advocate for this. Carrick will fit well with these two. Hazard was in Herrera's pocket for most of the game.

Fellani: Excellent in breaking up CFC's play, but held the ball way too long. Also had some full retard moments with his challenges. I wouldn't start him over Carrick, but since we need him for Europa, I'm ok with that, but next season we need to buy a replacement.

Defense was excellent. Valencia, Rojo, and Bailly played very well.

Now for the misses:

Darmian and Young had horrible communication. Can't say who to blame, but if Jose persists with these two, some work needs to be done.

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

What a complete sh!tshow our performance was. The short-dated injuries of Courtois and especially Alonso (+ the handball) screwed us over. United was clearly the better team and fully deserved to win though.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Yes Chelsea were awful but then again United had a great team setup . However, that handball was obvious as a day and it let to That early goal which had a psychological impact on Chelsea . Did United deserve to win ? Yes . However, again i hate this matches when referees mess up on big calls . Such an obvious handball .

I agree 100 %.
These matchups from the two teams are decided by small margins and even though United won the handball created the first goal and ruined the overall impression on the game as a whole.
These things can happen and honestly United needed these 3 points more than Chelsea, this loss for Conte will make them work harder in the next game which can end up having a more positive effect for the whole season and they can just confirm the title.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Absolute tactical masterclass from Mourinho. He showed that this Chelsea team is over reliant on Hazard, and Herrera was phenomenal in marking him out of the game.

Defence was spectacular. Bailly in my opinion is slowly getting to the position of best CB in the league. Rojo and Bailly took turns in frustrating Csta by not giving him any space to work.

Rashford and Lingard were brilliant in running at the backline and pressurizing them. They got able support from Young, Herrera etc.

For me everybody played excellent in their roles, which were very clearly defined by Mourinho, and De Gea did not have a save to make all game.

Do you guys know this is the first time Chelsea have not had a shot on target in a PL game since 2007? That's ten years!!!!

I genuinely believe when we look back at this result it will prove to be an era defining win for Mourinho at Man Utd.

538 11432

@juanmata10

The short-dated injuries of Courtois and especially Alonso (+ the handball) screwed us over. United was clearly the better team and fully deserved to win though.

Couldn't agree more with you analysis mate. :S

In my mind, this was a good win but not really such an huge one. Herrera was man of the match no doubt, shutting done Hazard, assisting one and scoring another, yet I cannot see his performance as nothing but controversial. He does an handball before assisting Rashford and his shot for the second goal would propably never got in if not for a deflection and Begovic slip. Good results for United and they deserve the win as they were the better team but I think its hard to talk about a tactical masterclass from Mourinho (even though his tactic was good). Still, can't complain about the results, it make the league more interesting. Congrats on the win Manchester. :D

And to Chelsea fan, you were pretty unlucky with Alonso and Courtois injury. :(

• History

@juanmata10

The short-dated injuries of Courtois and especially Alonso (+ the handball) screwed us over. United was clearly the better team and fully deserved to win though.

In my mind, this was a good win but not really such an huge one. Herrera was man of the match no doubt, shutting done Hazard, assisting one and scoring another, yet I cannot see his performance as nothing but controversial. He does an handball before assisting Rashford and his shot for the second goal would propably never got in if not for a deflection and Begovic slip. Good results for United and they deserve the win as they were the better team but I think its hard to talk about a tactical masterclass from Mourinho. Still, can't complain about the results, it make the league more interesting. Congrats on the win Manchester.

@juanmata10

In my mind, this was a good win but not really such an huge one. Herrera was man of the match no doubt, shutting done Hazard, assisting one and scoring another, yet I cannot see his performance as nothing but controversial. He does an handball before assisting Rashford and his shot for the second goal would propably never got in if not for a deflection and Begovic slip. Good results for United and they deserve the win as they were the better team but I think its hard to talk about a tactical masterclass from Mourinho. Still, can't complain about the results, it make the league more interesting. Congrats on the win Manchester. :D

And to Chelsea fan, you were pretty unlucky with Alonso and Courtois injury. :(

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Good results for United and they deserve the win as they were the better team but I think its hard to talk about a tactical masterclass from Mourinho (even though his tactic was good).

The reason why people were really gushing over tactics is because this is the first time season where Chelsea has really been defeated. Yeah, they've lost a few other games, but it was due to bad finishing/luck/PKs. Even when Chelsea lost, they were the better side.

Not today, and not by a long shot either.

538 11432

@Sunflash I agree, United totally block them and stop them from playing their game, however, they didn't seem to be so dangerous in offense either. There is also the fact that Chelsea had to change their gameplan at the last minute, clearly, the whole defense wasn't as comfortable with Begovic in goal and it showed. To be fair, most of the player at many position were not the one supposed to play there and because it was such a last minute change, the player weren't ready for that IMO. Anyway, like I said, Manchester still did very good especially considering the fatigue and deserved that win, Chelsea were not able to cope with the last minute change their team undergo and payed because of that. To be fair, Chelsea first team is great but they are lacking depth and decent replacement at certain position wich make game like these complicated for them. :(

• History

@Sunflash I agree, United totally block them and stop them from playing their game, however, they didn't seem to be so dangerous in offense either. There is also the fact that Chelsea had to change their gameplan at the last minute, clearly, the whole defense wasn't as comfortable with Begovic in goal and it showed. To be fair, most of the player at many position were not the one supposed to play there and because it was such a last minute change, the player weren't ready for that IMO. Anyway, like I said, Manchester still did very good especially considering the fatigue and deserved that win, Chelsea were not able to cope with the last minute change their team undergo and payed because of that. To be fair, Chelsea first team is great but they are lacking depth and decent replacement at certain position. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The reason why people were really gushing over tactics is because this is the first time season where Chelsea has really been defeated. Yeah, they've lost a few other games, but it was due to bad finishing/luck/PKs. Even when Chelsea lost, they were the better side.
Not today, and not by a long shot either.

Sometimes every piece of the puzzle falls in place, the first goal after the handball gave Mourinho's tactic an extra edge as they were just trying to pressure the backline of Chelsea sending long or through balls and having an early 1:0 lead just boosts that same tactic.
It was really clinical finishing, the little details win these type of games and United shot on target 3 times scoring twice, that shows they edged out Chelsea and deserved the win.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo111 They had only 3 goal on target? :O Wow, just goes to show both team didn't create themselve that many good chance. Respect to United, good to see them create less but finish more for once. :D

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"In football, I think if you don't have the intention to touch the ball and you have your arms in a natural position, it is not handball."
-Ander Herrera
enter image description here