Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mbappe vs Asensio vs Dembele
Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who do you guys think is the best young player right now?

I know that Asensio does not get as much hype as the other two but it'd be foolish to say he's not in the same bracket as them.

He's about to sign another contract to increase his buyout clause to 350, to ensure Real don't suffer the same fate as Barca.

Who do you guys think is showing the most potential, the most promise?

I think Dembele is the most immature in terms of in-game decisions whereas both Asensio and Mbappe excel in that area. It is without a doubt that all three are immensely talented, so it will depend on maturity and decisions they make.

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I voted Mbappe over Asensio, but after that Valencia game I'm really stuck. It's a tie between the two to be fair.

@Dynastian Honestly speaking, I agree with Zidane. In MY opinion, I haven't seen any players who are hyped up by the football world and show promise like Asensio and Mbappe since Messi did a decade ago. Real talk. Neymar was doubted because he played in the Brazilian league, and to be quite honest Hazard's hype has not been met (Great player, but all of these Ronaldo comparisons have not been fulfilled. Don't kill me Chelsea fans). We are truly witnessing something special.

@Amir lol, are you bringing arguments without any context or data again? Shocking

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Madridista

I agree with you on Mbappe, but not so much on Asensio. I see great potential in Asensio, but I'm not sure if he can ever hit the Ronaldo/Messi peaks. I think Asensio is more likely to be like prime Bale/Robben. Mbappe looks to be destined for greatness, though. Looks like all that hype about being the next Henry will probably come true.

I just hope he transfers to Madrid one day. :')

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Madridista

I agree with you on Mbappe, but not so much on Asensio. I see great potential in Asensio, but I'm not sure if he can ever hit the Ronaldo/Messi peaks. Mbappe looks to be destined for greatness, though. Looks like all that hype about being the next Henry will probably come true.

I just hope he transfers to Madrid one day. :')

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Ask tiki about it, PSG never let go of their talented player, no matter if said player want to leave. I wish he would join you guys but he gonna need to lose his statut of one of the future best for that to happen. :(

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Dyn: Despite what Emo said, and however much of truth his comments hold, I still think that it would be incredibly foolish to think that Mbappe won't play for Real Madrid eventually.

He has been a fan of the club his entire life, he has been fanboying Ronaldo.

No matter how exciting of a project PSG might be executing, the lure of and greatness of Real Madrid is a different animal.

The truth is simply that Mbappe is only 18 years old, and does not have the standing of an elite player to be able to displace any of the 3 starters up top. The only reason he went to PSG and not Real is the fact that they are 'guaranteeing' him a spot in the team. And not to even mention the other incentive of doubling of the salary he would've gotten at Real.

Once Ronaldo leaves, surely Bale and Benzema will follow him too. The way this team is built, it seems that it all works because of Ronaldo, through Ronaldo. Once he hangs up his boots, we will need to do revive and rebuild the front the line. That is when Mbappe is going to arrive. When he can be the absolute star of the team.

Real Madrid and Mbappe is a marriage waiting for just the right time to happen. And it will benefit both parties when it does.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Mbappe to Madrid is over, even if the player wants to. Madrid wont spend 300 mil on him, and even if they decide to, PSG owner ego won't let that happen in any single possible way...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Amerr Don't want to be a pessimist but I doubt PSG will let M'bappe leave for less than 300M or 350M, even if he would flop, I doubt they would accept to sell him at a loss. :( Also, another thing you need to know is that M'bappe was born in Paris and that I believe he grown there, meaning he propably has a strong attachement to the city and its biggest club, since he was child. So yeah, he propably want to play for Real as much as he wanted to play for PSG. Anyway mate, pray that he doesn't renew his contract or put a release clause on his new one because its propably your best chance of signing him. :(

• History

@Amerr Don't want to be a pessimist but I doubt PSG will let M'bappe leave for less than 300M or 400M, even if he would flop, I doubt they would accept to sell him at a loss. :( Also, another thing you need to know is that M'bappe was born in Paris and that I believe he grown there, meaning he propably has a strong attachement to the city and its biggest club, since he was child. So yeah, he propably want to play for Real as much as he wanted to play for PSG. Anyway mate, pray that he doesn't renew his contract or put a release clause on his new one because its propably your best chance of signing him. :(

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

If Mbappe's 6 year-contract expires, he can walk to Madrid for free. He'll only be 24 years old too... that's the same age Ronaldo came to Madrid.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I respect Mbappe for his decision. He wanted to play for his home town and he realizes how much of a legacy he can create there. However, I honestly would go for the better team now then join PSG after winning titles. I believe the Madrid Dynasty is just beginning and now was the right time to go play for them

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Smart man, propably your best chance of getting him but I expect Nasser to try hard to conserve him if he does well. Still, I really hope he chose to not sign another contract and end up joining you. :) What worry me is that so many thing can change in six year.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Here again you are completely underestimating PSG, they will never wait until the 6 year expires, they are able to double his wages within 3 years and sign him for unlimited years. Here again if you followed Verrati saga you will know that there is no way to hustle a selling club against his wish in France. Specially when the owner don't mind loosing 400 mil rather than loose on image. Good luck on this.

• History

Here again you are completely underestimating PSG, they will never wait until the 6 year expires, they are able to double his wages within 3 years and sign him for unlimited years. Here again if you followed Verrati saga you will know that there is no way to hustle a selling club against his wish. Specially when the owner don't mind loosing 400 mil rather than loose on image. Good luck on this.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

What worry me is that so many thing can change in six year.

Yeah, he could be dogsh*t. Plenty of players have excellent seasons when they're young, even in big games for big teams. A player that immediately comes to mind is Pato. Mbappe's form suggests he'll be world class in a few years, but it sure as hell doesn't guarantee it.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

I respect Mbappe for his decision. He wanted to play for his home town and he realizes how much of a legacy he can create there.

There's no such thing as "legacy" in PSG.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Dunno mate, PSG has been doing a lot better since Qatar took over and it seem set to stay so for a long time. :P

@Sunflash Yep, I was thinking of something like that. XD But seriously, I'm not too worried, I do think he will suceed in the coming year, he could have injury or other similar problem though. :(

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

Wow, look at all these naysayers. All forgetting that in this transfer season, Neymar left Barcelona. Liverpool refused to sell their best player, yet again, to Barcelona.

There has been a seismic shift of power in Europe. The clubs. especially of England, have regained "some" of the power they lost in the 90's. They can actually refuse selling a want-away player. We're yet to see how this will unfold for Coutinho, but he will need to perform if he wants to be part of the World Cup.

However, clubs do not hold all the cards like they once did. When a player wants to leave, he will. Coutinho hasn't yet but he will. It'll just take a little bit longer. Liverpool is only prolonging the inevitable.

Talking about Mbappe to Real Madrid in the post-Neymar market in coming years.. I'm sure slowly it will calm down a bit. The normal business will eventually resume.

Playing for Real Madrid is Mbappe's dream, and the only reason he did not come now is because he wasn't guaranteed a spot. He knows that it is of paramount importance at this young age that he plays regular, top flight football. He was not going to get that at Real Madrid.

So why not go to Paris meanwhile? Until Real Madrid's indisputable starters need replacing? It is the smart move, and I applaud him for that. If they win Champions League in the next few seasons, that move will only materialize that much sooner.

Do you guys remember Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer? How about Gareth Bale? Okay. How about Zidane? or.. Figo?

There is no club out there that can keep a player beyond the wishes of the player. They can make him stay an extra season or so, as in the case of CR and will probably happen with Coutinho but that is all. No player signs a life-time contract. The less tie on the contract, the less fee a club can demand. Even the richest, most stubborn and financially powerful club can only keep a player about 2-3 years. If you're held against your will, will you sign an extension?

Players, eventually, hold all the cards, they got the talent. They are the ones we want to watch, and it is at the end of the day, their decision where they will ply their trade. The fee Real would have to pay to get him? It's irrelevant. If PSG can fork out 200m, so can Real Madrid. Do I need to remind you guys that in 2009/10, Real Madrid spent 200M?

Remember how prices were back then?

He will play for Real eventually. That is about as certain as night and day.

• History

Wow, look at all these naysayers. All forgetting that in this transfer season, Neymar left Barcelona. Liverpool refused to sell their best player, yet again, to Barcelona.

There has been a seismic shift of power in Europe. The clubs. especially of England, have regained "some" of the power they lost in the 90's. They can actually refuse selling a want-away player. We're yet to see how this will unfold for Coutinho, but he will need to perform if he wants to be part of the World Cup.

However, clubs do not hold all the cards like they once did. When a player wants to leave, he will. Coutinho hasn't yet but he will. It'll just take a little bit longer. Liverpool is only prolonging the inevitable.

Talking about Mbappe to Real Madrid in the post-Neymar market in coming years.. I'm sure slowly it will calm down a bit. The normal business will eventually resume.

Playing for Real Madrid is Mbappe's dream, and the only reason he did not come now is because he wasn't guaranteed a spot. He knows that it is of paramount importance at this young age that he plays regular, top flight football. He was not going to get that at Real Madrid.

So why not go to Paris meanwhile? Until Real Madrid's indisputable starters need replacing? It is the smart move, and I applaud him for that. If they win Champions League in the next few seasons, that move will only materialize that much sooner.

Do you guys remember Cristiano Ronaldo's transfer? How about Gareth Bale? Okay. How about Zidane? or.. Figo?

There is no club out there that can keep a player beyond the wishes of the player. They can make him stay an extra season or so, as in the case of CR and will probably happen with Coutinho but that is all. No player signs a life-time contract. The less tie on the contract, the less fee a club can demand. Even the richest, most stubborn and financially powerful club can only keep a player about 2-3 years. If you're held against your will, will you sign an extension?

Players hold all the cards, they got the talent. They are the ones we want to watch, and it is at the end of the day, their decision where they will ply their trade. The fee Real would have to pay to get him? It's irrelevant. If PSG can fork out 200m, so can Real Madrid. Do I need to remind you guys that in 2008/09, Real Madrid spent 200M?

Players hold all the cards, they got the talent. They are the ones we want to watch, and it is at the end of the day, their decision where they will ply their trade. The fee Real would have to pay to get him? It's irrelevant. If PSG can fork out 200m, so can Real Madrid. Do I need to remind you guys that in 2009/10, Real Madrid spent 200M?

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

If Cr had the pay raise he wanted, the 100% possession on his image rights what no United player ever had ATM and what Perez gave him, plus the guarantee of a no money limit building project. He would have never left.
Mbappe is over get over it, clubs now are able to refuse 150 mil offers what was not possible before, because back then with 150 mil you could buy a whole fresh squad with quality players at 30m. Now 150 mil wont bring you shit specially when clubs practice inflations between them when they know you have the money.
Marquinhos wanted to come, Coutinho wanted to come, any player linked wanted to come, but if you think PSG will let you Mbappe for free, or after confirming for less than initial paid price, you just have no realistic view on this sport, his salary ATM is 18 mil and in 6 years would probably be the double. If Madrid gives him more than 15 mil that would be an earthquake in the dressing room, that means whole squad leaders will knock direction s door.
HAZARD, Lewandowski and DE gea case is the proof it Started way before. PL teams understood that loosing their main player for 100m is not a good option anymore and they won't find a better replacement for less than the money earned. Loosing Suarez for 80m was a huge mistake for reds, i don't think they would have let Coutinho go for 160m. Market has changed and Madrid isn't an exception.

• History

If Cr had the pay raise he wanted, the 100% possession on his image rights what no United player ever had ATM and what Perez gave him, plus the guarantee of a no money limit building project. He would have never left.
Mbappe is over get over it, clubs now are able to refuse 150 mil offers what was not possible before, because back then with 150 mil you could buy a whole fresh squad with quality players at 30m. Now 150 mil wont bring you shit specially when clubs practice inflations between them when they know you have the money.
Marquinhos wanted to come, Coutinho wanted to come, any player linked wanted to come, but if you think PSG will let you Mbappe for free, or after confirming for less than initial paid price, you just have no realistic view on this sport, his salary ATM is 18 mil and in 6 years would probably be the double. If Madrid gives him more than 15 mil that would be an earthquake in the dressing room, that means whole direction will knock direction s door.
HAZARD and DE gea case is the proof it Started way before.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

You're a massive liar. Where is that information from?

This is straight from Sir Alex's autobiography. Nowhere does it say anything about Ronaldo demanding more money.

When the possibility of him leaving edged towards being a probability, I reached a gentleman’s agreement with him. I went to Carlos’s house in Portugal to find the boy expressing an urge to go to Real Madrid, and told him: ‘You can’t go this year, not after the way Calderón has approached this issue.’ I said, ‘I know you want to go to Real Madrid. But I’d rather shoot you than sell you to that guy now. If you perform, don’t mess us about, and someone comes and offers us a world record fee, then we will let you go.’ I had already conveyed that message to his agent Jorge Mendes.

I did well to calm him down. I told him that the reason I was refusing to sell him that year was because of Calderón. I said, ‘If I do that, all my honour’s gone, everything’s gone for me, and I don’t care if you have to sit in the stands. I know it won’t come to that, but I just have to tell you I will not let you leave this year.’

• History

You're a massive liar. Where is that information from?

This is straight from Sir Alex's autobiography. Nowhere does it say anything about Ronaldo demanding more money.

When the possibility of him leaving edged towards being a probability, I reached a gentleman’s
agreement with him. I went to Carlos’s house in Portugal to find the boy expressing an urge to go to
Real Madrid, and told him: ‘You can’t go this year, not after the way Calderón has approached this
issue.’ I said, ‘I know you want to go to Real Madrid. But I’d rather shoot you than sell you to that guy
now. If you perform, don’t mess us about, and someone comes and offers us a world record fee, then
we will let you go.’ I had already conveyed that message to his agent Jorge Mendes.

I did well to calm him down. I told him that the reason I was refusing to sell him that year was
because of Calderón. I said, ‘If I do that, all my honour’s gone, everything’s gone for me, and I don’t
care if you have to sit in the stands. I know it won’t come to that, but I just have to tell you I will not
let you leave this year.’

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I don't think it's as clear as you say. If the PSG organisation reaches where they want to be in the next 3 years Mbappe might stay there for a long time because they know how to keep their players and they are very rich.
We still need to see how will Mbappe deal with his own position as a star player mentally as well, he has everything he needs to become a new Henry but we need to wait and see how he handles it with his head, all those things will affect his future.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Golefty

just scored the opening goal in 9 minutes, and an equalizing free kick , changing the game...

Indeed he was able to change the game for Real Madrid. Well done to him for it. Before I put him in the same bracket as Mbappe/Dembele I want to see him doing it more often.

What I will say is in fairness to Asensio is that his team was more superior to both Mbappe/Dembele, so his chances are more limited. Now that they have moved clubs, let's see if they have the same impact of changing the game for their respective teams.

rayrex7

Ozil is long gone, Sanchez is world class, but Asensio will without a doubt fit in Arsenal 11

Where? Ahead of Ozil? Not in my books, or many other people's books.

Asensio will also fit in Bayern's squad

Not with Robben in the team, and certainly not with CA as their managers, who doesn't particularly trust youth.

Dembele hasnt proven himself in european competitions as much as Mbappe and Asensio.

Uggh, he's not reached as far as those firstly. Secondly, in the games he has played, he's played very good. Awesome against both Real Madrid games, both Legia Warsaw games, Benfica second game ( idk about first, probably did good too) and both Monaco games. That's not good, for the amount of games he's played?

Plus Mbappe and Dembele were regular starters while Asensio was barely given any minutes because of Madrids depth

That's kinda another reason why I don't rate him as highly, if he is to prove me wrong, he needs minutes as a starter and pull good performances, just like he did against Valencia.

Lot's of youngsters, give them time, we will see who works the hardest.

Can't wait!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Well, if he does join Real, I think it fair to say you would be happy. XD But seriously, seem like you convinced yourself of it be true, and its good that most of you guys stay positive about this. Me however, seeing how PSG have been acting with their own player and with other team, I can't see such a move going smoothly. One thing for sure, our discution won't change what happen in the future, if it is to happen, it will happen, if not, it won't. For me its as simple as that ;)

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Real Madrid unfazed by row over Cristiano Ronaldo's image rights

• Real confident deal will go ahead despite money wrangle
• Ronaldo may have to settle for £211,000 a week

Wednesday 17 June 2009 17.06 EDT

The following correction was printed in the Guardian's Corrections and clarifications column, Friday 19 June 2009

Cristiano Ronaldo promotes the Portuguese Banco Espirito Santo, not Espiritu Santo, as we said in the article below.

Real Madrid were last night entirely confident of agreeing personal terms with Cristiano Ronaldo despite a disagreement over the player's image rights. Sources at the Santiago Bernabéu remain adamant that the deal will go ahead and will not even be delayed.

Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, wants the Manchester United winger to receive a greater share of his image rights than the 50-50 deal that Madrid agree with all of their galácticos, their former midfielder David Beckham included. Madrid, whose determination to sign the Portuguese superstar owes much to his marketability, are reluctant to agree to a deal that is tipped in the player's favour. Their president, Florentino Pérez, does not want to break with an economic model he insists has been successful.

Pérez remains unconcerned about the difference, however. Madrid have set a 30 June deadline to conclude negotiations with Mendes and formally complete the world-record £80m deal to take him from Old Trafford. That is the cut-off point agreed by the two clubs and, with two weeks still to go, Madrid believe that they are on track.

Although Madrid are reluctant to cede to Ronaldo's demands, there is time to reach an agreement and they are confident that the rest of the package will be sufficiently attractive.

They are offering to make Ronaldo the best-paid player in world football on a salary that could reach ¤13m (£11.1m) a year after tax.

Any image rights deal would cover endorsements that Ronaldo signs only after he joins Madrid, meaning that the Portugal international would continue to receive 100% of existing deals with sponsors such as Nike and the Portuguese bank Banco Espiritu Santo. And Madrid say that not only does their earning potential increase with Ronaldo, his earning potential increases by being at the world-renowned club.

Madrid are building a package in which Ronaldo would earn approximately £211,000 a week during the course of a six-year deal. The figure dwarfs the ¤9m Madrid are understood to be paying the Brazil playmaker Kaka, their recent signing from Milan, and is more than double the ¤6m a year earned by the club captain, Raúl – the same figure paid to all of the galácticos during Pérez's first stint as president.

In 2009 no player was earning that much, nor getting that much on images, and he came with Kaka who wasn't supposed to flop so he was aware of the galactico 2.0 project. + being close to Portugal and being in a latine country, exchanging Manchester rain to Madrid sun.

But I'm just a massive liar I'm not fanboying him blindly how I suppose to.