Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar pays his Clause to leave Barcelona
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

NEYMAR JOINS PSG

On Thursday afternoon Neymar Jr's legal representatives visited in person the Club's offices and made the payment of 222 million euros in the player's name with regards to the unilateral termination of the contract that united both parties.

As such, the Club will pass on to UEFA the details of the above operation so that they can determine the disciplinary responsibilities that may arise from this case.
enter image description here

Thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it's official now, (will update the topic when there will be more info in english)

Thoughts?

Comments
DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Man, its so sad... PSG have absolutely no history whatsoever (as they were created in 1970) and Neymar is leaving BARCELONA for them! No disrespect to PSG, but man, you cannot compare PSG to Barca - History, (major) trophies etc. Like seriously mate! He said he is going there for new challenges! Like dude, there won't be as many challenges at PSG than there was at Barca, there may not even be any!! He is only going there for the money and to get out of Messi's shadow, as he wants to win the Ballon d'Or which i obviously understand and respect, but MSN are irreplaceable and he has just left them! I just cannot believe he has done that, i mean mate, there is such thing as loyalty!! Barcelona is definitely one of the biggest clubs in the world and Neymar has left them to go to PSG! PSG!!! This transfer has completely and utterly ruined football... i am lost for words. :( Does FFP even work anymore?

Sorry, i got quite heated then, but i literally can't believe he has just left Barca for PSG... but anyway, lets try and focus on the positives from this tansfer. :) Like @Dynastian said.. PSG's reputation will grow, which will mean the reputation of Ligue 1 will grow as well. And France as a whole will benefit from this transfer, as they did with the one and only Zlatan.

Anyway, congrats PSG on having an insane team and good luck Neymar in your future. :)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

For me it was interesting that I couldn't find a ticket for an opening match in the Premier League at Old Trafford so what happened is that a person that already has a season ticket rented it for us and that's a secure way to fix a ticket for the game before you arrive in England.

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Neymar earns more in one hour than I'll ever have had in my first 20 years on earth!!!

liomessi10 7 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

If he stayed, he could have waited a bit longer and then won his balloon dors. Being at pay wont change the fact that Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez still exist

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Don't understand why you guys are upset psg is a great club and a huge challenge for neymar. Sum is a bit high but you didn't get mad when pogba went to united for 90m£, but ofc it's Qatar money. Pfft you just mad your club couldn't hold onto him or mad cuz your club didn't splash it.

You know Barca were warned by Naser al khelafi when they tried to talk to verrati without the clubs knowledge
And tried to sign him and made bids but all rejected and now he hits back by taking on of thier best players.

Psg will be similar to Real Madrid and once they win CL they will be unstoppable.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Qatar money. Pfft you just mad your club couldn't hold onto him or mad cuz your club didn't splash it.

So when your owner literally owns whole Qatar, they can literally still come and spend 1B on Ronaldo's release clause (for example) without even being able to be punished by FFP. Does that sound FAIR for you?

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Funny thing is that in all official papers Neymar most likely classifies as a free transfer. He paid his own buyout making him a free agent and then signing with PSG.

Salahadin 7 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

Him being rich is what's bothering you ? What do you mean he owns Qatar ?
He is a great guy with great achievements took aljazera sports and separated from there and remade it to Bein sports which is one of the biggest network in the world. The only network with 20 sport channels with all the leagues and all the sport is on it.
It's free if you compare it to sky sport or other rip offs.

He took psg and made them what they are today he Qatari and rich but what is wrong with that?
If they have the money and Ronlado want to leave for psg then why not?

If I get an offer for another company and they give better money and promise and I want a change and a challenge and they will buy my contract and where I am isn't what I desire anymore why would anyone get upset ? You do what you think is best for you.

Fffp is a joke it's for small poor clubs not to get to the top level
Money runs this world period.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Nobody said that football is a fair game :D

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

The problem is not only the money itself which is already disgusting enough.

The problem is WHERE the money comes from and how they have messed up and make a joke out of this whole system.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Him being rich is what's bothering you ?

No, I don't care if you own a 3000m or a 10 pounds. The problem is PSG or any other club would never be able to buy Neymar release clause, not even Real or any other club because of FFP. Problem is if the certain man is so powerful that he can literally give Neymar 300M to buyout his own clause.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Quick, I believe any team, as long as they have the right set up, can do the same. The thing with PSG is that the owner used other companies of his to give Ney the 300Mil that way if an investigation is launched he can claim PSG had no part in this transaction. Other teams like Barca and Real would not be able to do the same only do to the lack of a front company, which could easily be set up due to their power.

Hell, it wouldn't surprise me to just see PSG tell any player pay their own buyout and they will return the cost by adding it to the wages or even a signing on bonus.

The transfer fee nor the team that it involved is whats wrong in this transfer deal. The way the business was conducted in order to avoid regulation to make things a little bit more even os whats wrong. For PSG to have signed Ney for 222mil they would have to have sold 2 or 3 big players. Verrati would have had to go for around 90mil and Barca would be the logical destination. Maybe Di Maria or Draxler or Lucas would have had to been sold as well.

We have to be real and understand UEFA and FIFA executives seriously only care about money. They set in place regulations which were very weak and inconsistent from the start. These regulations only prohibited middle teams from gaining too much power. I mean just look at PSG. They broke FFP once by over spending and what was their punishment? To spend another 60mil. that doesn't even make sense. If you want to punish a football team with money you don't make them pay more, instead you deduct points, ban from competitions, etc. Hell even a transfer ban for a season would have been more appropriate.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Juan Tinn its interesting you mention restructing Syria as Qatar and other rich gulf states played a huge part in its destabilization, way more than the ridiculous amount Qatari money that bought Neymar funds terrorism, yet they pay slave labour wages to migrant workers to build there stadium. not to mention stoning people,

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

neymar is a gold digger

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

neymar is a gold digger

All players are, all play for money. He wanted to go out of Barcelona, this was his way out.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I mean, you don't have to be gold digger but when someone offers you 500k/week + 80M signing bonus it's hard to say no, even if you have to leave Messi & co..

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Overpaying to get a player is not a proof of strength, if it was so than Ghanzhou Evergrande is the strongest Club in the world, and even them don't have to pay 100 mil bonus, and 40 to the father to influence his son to join a club. For me it's completely the opposite, he costed them 550 mil in total and it's just ridiculous. But whole Ligue 1 clubs will benefit from it, Neymar is a marketing monster and will make ligue 1 more fun to watch, that will higher ligue1 tv rights and invite players to enjoy the league.
On the other hand Neymar has ten times more followers than PSG itself so it may make PSG more bankable, but even so 550 mil is an amount they will never rich, that's called buying success. For me PSG owners have just had an ego war, Veratti preferring to leave rather than to sign a bigger contract hurted the billionaire ego who made it personal.
We lost a great player but we got rid of someone inconsistent, always unhappy and chasing the number one place without winning it on the field, making dribbles near the corner who most of the time slow our build ups. Someone MS always need to make the N score while they link up perfectly since Suarez prefer giving it to Messi. A player who does not do the defensive work what costed Barca balance when Midfield was off form. A player knocking every year for a pay rise and with off field controversy. But after Messi having him would had been great he couldn't wait no problem then.

Coutinho is done on agreements, Juve prepared to loose Dybala and asking for Gomes or Rafinha, would have loved Verrati or Griezmann but then Dembele is linked and can't be that bad. We don't have to sell Sergi Roberto to Chelsea and many problems got solved specially on dressing Room.

I believe it will have great impact on the dressing room that didn't like that a wanted player quit the family, the was no intention for Barca to higher Neymar wages, we couldnt afford it and he does not deserve double Suarez wages, the door is wide open only Messi can do that.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Overpaying to get a player is not a proof of strength, if it was so than Ghanzhou Evergrande is the strongest Club in the world, and even them don't have to pay 100 mil bonus, and 40 to the father to influence his son to join a club. For me it's completely the opposite, he costed them 550 mil in total and it's just ridiculous. But whole Ligue 1 clubs will benefit from it, Neymar is a marketing monster and will make ligue 1 more fun to watch, that will higher ligue1 tv rights and invite players to enjoy the league.
On the other hand Neymar has ten times more followers than PSG itself so it may make PSG more bankable, but even so 550 mil is an amount they will never rich, that's called buying success. For me PSG owners have just had an ego war, Veratti preferring to leave rather than to sign a bigger contract hurted the billionaire ego who made it personal.
We lost a great player but we got rid of someone inconsistent, always unhappy and chasing the number one place without winning on the field, making dribbles near the corner who most of the time slow our build ups. Someone MS always need to make the S score while they link up perfectly since Suarez prefer giving it to Messi. A player knocking every year for a pay rise and with off field controversy. But after Messi having him would had been great he couldn't wait no problem then.

Coutinho is done on agreements, Juve prepared to loose Dybala and asking for Gomes or Rafinha, would have loved Verrati or Griezmann but then Dembele is linked and can't be that bad. We don't have to sell Sergi Roberto to Chelsea and many problems got solved specially on dressing Room.

I believe it will have great impact on the dressing room that didn't like that a wanted player quit the family, the was no intention for Barca to higher Neymar wages, we couldnt afford it and he does not deserve double Suarez wages, the door is wide open only Messi can do that.

We lost a great player but we got rid of someone inconsistent, always unhappy and chasing the number one place without winning it on the field, making dribbles near the corner who most of the time slow our build ups. Someone MS always need to make the S score while they link up perfectly since Suarez prefer giving it to Messi. A player knocking every year for a pay rise and with off field controversy. But after Messi having him would had been great he couldn't wait no problem then.

We lost a great player but we got rid of someone inconsistent, always unhappy and chasing the number one place without winning it on the field, making dribbles near the corner who most of the time slow our build ups. Someone MS always need to make the N score while they link up perfectly since Suarez prefer giving it to Messi. A player knocking every year for a pay rise and with off field controversy. But after Messi having him would had been great he couldn't wait no problem then.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I mean, you don't have to be gold digger but when someone offers you 500k/week + 80M signing bonus it's hard to say no, even if you have to leave Messi & co..

He will have Thiago Silva, Dani Alves, Lucas Moura and Marquinhos as well, he already won La Liga, Champions League, if he doesn't care he can just focus on Champions League and the national team earning alot of money...I dare someone to say that they wouldn't have taken that deal, EVERYONE would have done the same xD

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Apparently PSG might pull some accounting BS by spreading Neymar's transfer cost over 5 years rather than as a one-time sum. This would amount to a transfer expenditure of 44.4M Euros per year - thus allowing them to potentially avoid FFP action.

I'm confused as to how UEFA allows such a simple loophole to exist lol.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I like what PSG did, when I was a kid every team had stars, I loved Inter Milan with Ronaldo, VIeri, Adriano and today only the 4-5 biggest clubs can afford that, this is why PSG gave everyone the middle finger, it was nice when rich teams were abusing their power so deal with it now :D