Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Neymar pays his Clause to leave Barcelona
quikzyyy 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal 429 9002

NEYMAR JOINS PSG

On Thursday afternoon Neymar Jr's legal representatives visited in person the Club's offices and made the payment of 222 million euros in the player's name with regards to the unilateral termination of the contract that united both parties.

As such, the Club will pass on to UEFA the details of the above operation so that they can determine the disciplinary responsibilities that may arise from this case.
enter image description here

Thoughts?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So it's official now, (will update the topic when there will be more info in english)

Thoughts?

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@golazo sure anyone would be tempted by this amount of money, sure , but my point still stand , neymar was bought with dirty money, Filthy money to be exact, money that funds terrorism , specifically and most recently in iraq and syria, So esentially you could say PSG is owned by the people that funded isis, who carried out terrorist attack in the same city that Neymar is going to, this is how fucked up and backwards FIfa and Football have become. Tainted.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/isis-terror/whos-fundingisis-wealthy-gulf-angel-investors-officials-say-n208006

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty That kind of thought isn't completely wrong, but its never as simple as that... Not gonna get into the topic because I think its too easy to get lost in it but I agree with Golazo saying no one seem to be bothered by some other team in the PL spending like crazy. Haven't seen anyone saying it was terrible. :P

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Filthy money to be exact, money that funds terrorism , specifically and most recently in iraq and syria, So esentially you could say PSG is owned by the people that funded isis, who carried out terrorist attack in the same city that Neymar is going to,

Hold on a second here...Do you want to go that way, are you sure that you want to open that door? Because we can just talk about football, if you want to blame some people for what is happening in the world of politics, you are not seeing the forest because of the trees.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

People have goes at City all the time for the money they spend. I'd personally argue that no club is hated more in the world than Manchester City. As for Chelsea, it's been almost 15 years since they got the injection of Russian money, and in the last decade or so they've spent at a clip similar to other large clubs, and frequently spend less than said aforementioned clubs. I feel as though the hate towards Chelsea these days isn't directed to their owner/board, and is instead put towards their incredibly annoying fan base.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Barça will be okay, we just need to get normal results till LAPORTA gets appointed. Bartomeu has no clue, he underestimated both Neymar and PSG cases, he thought he could take Verratti while it was almost impossible knowing French laws and thought Neymar would not react after pay raise refusal. he was too concentrated on Messi renewal that he flopped hard and its not his first failure.
I salute the players to keep results despite the atrocious mercatos we had year in year out that hided his weakness. But now everything is clear for socios my point since Laporta left is no longer minoritary and we will get rid of him easily in the future election.

New coach is fixing things, we are signing a new CB from Sociedad INIGO MARTINEZ withing few days activating his clause. and loan Marlon, we need a good mid and a winger to replace NEYMAR.
I respect Valverde he did good job at Bilbao with high pressing Football and spectacular one. the transition is not going to be that brutal like we witnessed in other clubs because attactivity Stadium and strenght are still there, we can only get better.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I hope things work out for you tiki. In the meantime, I'll find it amusing that Barca is below-par. Have to enjoy it when I can, you know.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

If Being 2nd in the league only loosing to the most consistent team in Europe arguably the best, winning the cup and having 2 bad away games in whole CL campaign against two big clubs. Having best attack in Europe that's not below par for me. It may look so if we compare to a treble season but we are far from critical decline.
I'm frustrated to see that much strike force wasted by coaching and direction weaknesses, but If i judge objectively we are far from Van Gaal era of 2000 before Ronaldinho, very far.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

That Marca sad boy, the 26 million bonus is the loyalty bonus, he can fuck off now he wont get it. His father put hands and feet to make his son sign for PSG, his communication wont hide how greedy is his father, Santos suffered from same antics but then again keep hating boy.
His father went to clash with direction and then suddenly Neymar changed his communication about PSG, now they want to get his father image better, they can't have everything and these comms are only for weak reasoning people. Neymar senior réputation cant be erased by a simple communication trick...

• History

That Marca sad boy, the 26 million bonus is the loyalty bonus, he can fuck off now he wont get it. His father put hands and feet to make his son sign for PSG, his communication wont hide how greedy is his father, Santos suffered from same antics but then again keep hating boy.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Golazo, never take a Marca article about Barcelona too seriously. Barca is within their right to not pay the 26mil to Ney Sr. Its written into the contract signed by them. Here is what comes up in ESPN:

"There were three conditions -- one, that the player didn't negotiate with another club before July 31; two, that he publicly expressed his decision to fulfil his contract; and three, the payment was to be made on Sep. 1 to ensure he didn't go to another club." - Josep Vives, Barca Spokesman.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Marca reported this, so did other sources:

Neymar Sr: Barca blackmailed my son | Football Espana
Neymar Sr accuses Barcelona of 'blackmail' over bonus | Goal.com

Fans said they wanted Neymar to leave but club tried to blackmail...really pathetic.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited

Don't go on serious clauses Rai with people unless they have the ability to understand...

• History

Don't go on serious clauses Rai unless they have the ability to understand...

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Truth hurts sometimes :/

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Golazo@emo - Yes i am aware the evils of the west, and ya because i am a westerner (canadian) i have a limited viewpoint, but what you can see from mexico that i cant , not sure, maybe you could pull aside the trees for me. but who do you think the real terrorist are, they are not raised in stables and live with sheep, they are rich gulf states and their investors, richer than you could imagine, american political interests have ruined the middle east, still we are not chopping off peoples heads and thowing gay people off buildings and sharing it online. There is nothing compared to the wealth of oil money. Any ways this is getting off topic but i feel i am entitled to point out that Qatar is funding terrorism in syria and it was syrian terrorists that attacked paris, as simplified and incorrect that may be it worth pointing out.

As far as the English clubs, they have never so blatantly used loopholes to avoid FFP, i know its your opinion " money runs the world, the systems is broken so its hypocritical to point out one instance when there are so many others," but as jaded and edgy as that may be, it ain't for me.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Barca actually benefit from this transfer, sure they lost one of their goof players, but with that huge bag of money that everyclub dreams of. They will be just fine.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I really dont get those people who go on the internet and comment things like: when Ronaldo did this nobody said anything and when... Or when Messi do that nobody bats an eye.... Or wheb this team did this...

Jesus, thats childish as hell. When some one did something wrong or weird, everyone will go on and on about it.

When Man City or Chelsea or MU sprayed their money.... Everyone jumped on them, inclduing thier fans...

Unbelievable

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Again, the point that was completely missed by Golazo is not the fact that they spent a lot of money just like City, Chelsea, Real, etc. The origin of the money is also not in question as there is very few ways to prove anything. As far as we know every single rich team has dirty money. The issue is the disregard for laws or regulations put in place to keep the game a bit more fair. I mean its very clear what they did to avoid FFP, they aren't even hiding anything and UEFA won't even touch them. This will only lead to future transfers being even more shadier.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Golefty Well let's stick to football but without labeling a team as a terrorist team because it's not ok? I don't want to turn this into politics.

It's not a big deal when you see that Man City has almost the same type of owners like PSG, difference is the country is Saudi Arabia but it's the same thing.
Also Qatar airways was the sponsor of Barcelona it was on their shirts and how many have Fly Emirates at the same time when it's proven that those countries contribute to shady things happening in the world?

Everyone is on board on the PSG hate train but if the situation was the opposite and Neymar joined Barcelona for that money nobody would be angry, it would be considered as a normal move that a big club always gets what they want.

I am really against hating on PSG because they are doing what other teams have done in the past, where their money comes from is in the end of the day irrelevant, alot of owners are rich and don't care about the club they own, Glazer familiy is an american familiy that owns Manchester United and they care more about baseball than football, Abramovich came to Chelsea and the "market balance" was totally shifted and now Chelsea is a big club and nobody cares how did Abramovich become rich and why he needed to move out from Russia but right now PSG is bashed here there is no tomorrow...
AC Milan was winning Champions League when Berlusconi was in power in Italy, do I need to start talking who he is? Nobody complained at the time and now when he's gone the club is nowhere and he sold it to the chinese and now they are buying players again...

That's football today, but terrorism funding comes also from USA directly, they invented ISIS and created instability all over north Africa and the middle east, basically if you ask the world who is the biggest threat most will say it's the US, even their allies in NATO and their friends from Canada.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The issue is the disregard for laws or regulations put in place to keep the game a bit more fair. I mean its very clear what they did to avoid FFP, they aren't even hiding anything and UEFA won't even touch them. This will only lead to future transfers being even more shadier.

How did other clubs do? How did Barcelona do when they first bought Neymar, it was shady and nobody could know all the details nor the exact numbers, how does Real Madrid buy players did Uefa ever said anything to Real Madrid?

Uefa and Fifa are currupted, the World Cup bidding is currupted as well, everyone knew that for years but only when Russia got to host the World Cup the US got angry and sent in their own FBI to investigate FIFA and UEFA, not because they care about what they do or how they do it but because it's Russia. Speaking of which, Qatar 2022 World Cup?

This is why I said, it's all about the money, if you have lots of it rules don't apply to you PSG bought 1 player now, but Man City is spending over 200 mil pounds each summer transfer window with no problems.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I feel as though the hate towards Chelsea these days isn't directed to their owner/board, and is instead put towards their incredibly annoying fan base.

Exactly, Chelsea stopped with the stupid amounts, they won the league and all credits to them. For the fans, well every club got retards if it's Arsenal/Chelsea/anyone else, you won't stop that.

@Golazo As much as I agree, the problem is elsewhere. City spending and so on, they pay with the club money, they got big money from EPL from the TV rights. PSG on the other side don't. This exploit can basically ruin absolutely anything. You can't pay Ronaldo's 1B release clause? Surely not, then here comes some sheikh who will send 1B to his account, and whoops. He can buy his own release clause and transfer for free. Totally avoiding any FFP or any other rule.