Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Best team-mate Messi has ever had?
Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Vote for the five best teammates the players have had:

Messi

Xavi
Iniesta
Ronaldinho
Henry
Eto'o
Suarez
Neymar
Puyol

EDIT:: Polls had a glitch so I removed them. I guess we'll have to stick to old-fashioned commenting.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Messi

Best team-mate

Second Best team-mate

Third Best team-mate

Fourth Best team-mate

Fifth Best team-mate

Messi

Best team-mate

Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Eh forgot to add Henry and Zlatan to the list, but I doubt they'll get many votes...

Croatian 6 years ago Edited
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Xavi first place for me. His peak years collided with Messi reaching his best seasons and first players I associate with Guardiola's Barca are Xavi and Messi.

EDIT: are polls glitched? I see exact same results on every one. And last vote is registered in every one of those, I think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Xavi first place for me. His peak years collided with Messi reaching his best seasons and first players I associate with Guardiola's Barca are Xavi and Messi.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Xavi 1st ànd Iniesta 2nd. Then the teacher Ronaldinho.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Best team-mate as the player who was the best and played with him or the player that completed him best? No the same thing at all to be fair.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

Xavi is obviously one of the greats at CM but I feel that Inestia probably contributed more to Messi, so I put Inestia first.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Dani Alves is also worth a mention in my opinion. Most assists to Messi, if I'm not mistaken.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Alves too. I agree

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
  1. Xavi & Iniesta, these 2 made Messi look superb, without these guys Messi falls off very fast.
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

IMO Messi's peak coincided with Xavi's peak. He's the one who made Messi score 60+ goals in singular seasons. Iniesta would be my clear-cut 2nd, though.

_Gonzi_ 6 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

di maria, iniesta, xavi and suarez - played/play with messi the best

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian Or you could just post the poll in different comment, they never bugged for me this way.

Jimbet 6 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Xavi

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

When you have a solid offence, you need a solid defence. I'm going with Puyol in this. Not just his physique, but also his natural ability to command on the field is something that is missing in today's game. He's one of the Greats.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Iniesta
Xavi
Suarez
Puyol
Neymar

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

Rank in terms of importance:

1. Iniesta (played with him since 2004)
  2. xavi (leader of midfield since kluivert era)
  3. Ronaldinho (Strong personality that is influential in working with him)
  4. Puyol (leader of the pack)
  5. Eto'o (another joker and dressing room guy: trio with ronaldinho)
  6. Suarez (joker; strong support upon the end of an era)
  7. Deco (another midfield personality with ronaldinho)
  8. Neymar (a naive and talented youngster)
Aubameyang 6 years ago
Arsenal, Gabon 3 512

Pedro is the best Messi played with.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

IMO Messi's peak coincided with Xavi's peak. He's the one who made Messi score 60+ goals in singular seasons. Iniesta would be my clear-cut 2nd, though.

It was obvious the purpose of that thread no need to explain why, Pep gave Messi optimal conditions to score, but even so Messi was scoring +20 self made runs a season dribbling +2 players, it’s easier to score as a false nine when you have a proper midlefield that does the job, it’s even easier when you play the role of a poacher having Messi as a feeder ask Suarez winning golden boot over most assisted player ever Ronaldo.

This shows only that actual Ronaldo is only shining when his team turns into assisting machine, Messi shines even without scoring... reason why one have 2 dimensions over the other....
In Clasico first half Ronaldo was tracking back and actually had a great game even if he didn’t score, his heat map showed the work he did, in some games he end up with brace while his heat map looks like an opposition GK.

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

I agree about alves, his departure changed Messi playing style, he wasnt a “ feeder “ but someone who combine with Messi in short passes giving him dribbling options.... Barca midlefield role was to take the ball quickly to the final third and to create space against full defending teams....

From Alves gone, he had to deal with Neymar arrival who was in the extreme opposite on the pitch....
Knowing that Messi was having more accelerations in a game than today, he would have scored even with actual team, the change of style obliged messi to change his trademark and going for shots from distance...
At the end he runs less, and shoot better, actual one is the best of the two. While young Ronaldo of 2012 is clearly better than the actual...

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

This shows only that actual Ronaldo is only shining when his team turns into assisting machine, Messi shines even without scoring...

Except he also takes a lot of defenders with him and can assist as well as share the ball, his team can only assist him because he is a top player, nobody else puts up those numbers when Ronaldo didn't play, in the last el classico it took him only 15 min to score, a 34 year old striker that has 43 goals this season just like Salah.

reason why one have 2 dimensions over the other....

I don't see how because Ronaldo doesn't have a weak foot, can score headers and long ranged shots, on top of it his off the ball movement and leadership is far superior compared to Messi, sure Messi has that left foot but once he is properly marked he is gone from the game and ends up wasting balls...You can't even mark Ronaldo for a full game, Messi you can.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Messi easy to cancel out. So his best teammate is Busquetes. No proper world class CDM then no party prove to that is his performance for Argentina.