Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Presenting Chan Yuen-ting
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Chan Yuen-ting, 28 year old, is the manager of Hong Kong club Eastern Sports Club also known as Eastern Salon. You are propably asking yourself why I'm bringing that up now. Well, because first off, a 28 year old manager winning its top division league on her first try is pretty awesome and secondly, well, you readed it right, because she is a she! Thats right, Chan Yuen-ting is first woman manager to manage a pro men team in the top flight league of the country into winning their domestic league. Pretty impressive, isn't it? :D Wouldn't mind seeing some woman being introduced as manager in other country especially if they are successful.

enter image description here

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

This is amazing! Congrats to her and her team. I hope this will give some confidence to the other female coaches around the world.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

That's actually great news. We have men managing women's teams, so why not women managing men's teams? I'm not convinced it would work at the highest level (e.g. Spain or England), but it's definitely encouraging to see a woman succeed in managing a men's team!

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Pretty impressive! She isn't the only one making the news, San Antonio Spurs appointed the first female assistant in the NBA. Good on them both!

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Impressive :) Hat off to her

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Well, I don't see why woman manager couldn't suceed at the highest level, given they have studied hard, know the in and out of the sport and are smart. But of course, if your speaking about the mentality of star player, who propably wouldn't feel the same motivation from playing for a woman than for playing for a legend like Zizou, then yeah, I agree, it could be tough to see a woman suceed at a club where the player aren't open to the idea.

@Madridista Interesting, good to hear there is more place for woman in men sport, just goes to show people mind are openin more and more to these kind of things. I believe its great and its a step in the right direction.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Dynastian Well, I don't see why woman manager couldn't suceed at the highest level, given they have studied hard, know the in and out of the sport and are smart. But of course, if your speaking about the mentality of star player, who propably wouldn't feel the same motivation from playing for a woman than for playing for a legend like Zizou, then yeah, I agree, it could be tough to see a woman suceed at a club where the player aren't oppen to the idea.

@Madridista Interesting, good to hear there is more place for woman in men sport, just goes to show people mind are openin more and more to these kind of things. I believe its great and its a step in the right direction.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Bruce Arians, the coach of the NFL's Arizona Cardinals, said when he hired the first female assistant in NFL history that sports is a win-now type of game, and the second a female coach is good enough to make that happen, the second they will get hired. Gender means nothing when winning is on the table.

Tough to disagree with that, and I'm happy to see more women succeeding in coaching roles throughout the world.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

I didn't mean it in a sexist manner. What I meant to express is that there are many intangibles with having a woman managing a men's team of egos. The type of authoritarian and confident personality needed to manage a dressing room like Real Madrid or Manchester United is far more likely to occur in men than women.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian No don't worry about it, I realized what you meant only mid way in my comment and I agree completely. I think a woman managing a team with big egos in europe could propably make up for her lack of authority by having a though assistant who could talk some sense into the player in her stead. :D

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Show that respect in China is on another level than in Europe. Even amator clubs in Europe can't be managed by a woman, let alone 28yo.

I also love the way German Football is implenting young coaches such as Hoffenheim...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tiki Indeed, didn't knew much about Hoffenheim coach but it suprising to hear he is young and yet, so succesful. It just show the difference a manager can make on a team. After all, Hoffenheim have been so much better this season. ;)