Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Quick summary of the Neymar case.
Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

So basically, it seem like the source behind the reveal of Neymar moving to PSG were real, from what I seem to understand. Neymar was hoping of joining PSG and making it his own team, similar to how Barcelona could be considered to be Messi team. I mean basically, it got it all, Brazilian team-mate, few player that could compete with him as the top man of the team, yet enough quality to achieve great thing. All in all, it was his plan for getting out of Messi shadow. However in the mind of the source who release the information, it is clear that Neymar have changed his mind following a discution with some of his team-mate. Messi and Suarez in particular. It is believed he will propably remain after all. Too bad for PSG and their fan, they could have really used a player of his talent. :( Even if the prize was a bit crazy. For the rest of the story, it seem pretty believable, Neymar is still somewhat of a young player who can be the victim of doubt and might have ambition of his own. Any thought?

My source for this summary are an interview on Eurosport with the guy who actually announced Neymar would join PSG.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So basically, it seem like the source behind the reveal of Neymar moving to PSG were real, from what I seem to understand. Neymar was hoping of joining PSG and making it his own team, similar to how Barcelona could be considered to be Messi team. I mean basically, it got it all, Brazilian team-mate, few player that could compete with him as the top man of the team, yet enough quality to achieve great thing. All in all, it was his plan for getting out of Messi shadow. However in the mind of the source who release the information, it is clear that Neymar have changed his mind following a discution with some of his team-mate. Messi and Suarez in particular. It is believed he will propably remain after all. Too bad for PSG and their fan, they could have really used a player of his talent. :( Even if the prize was a bit crazy. For the rest of the story, it seem pretty believable, Neymar is still somewhat of a young player who can be the victim of doubt and might have ambition of his own. Any thought?

Comments
raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

After all thats been said and shown I would not want Neymar on my team. These kinds of attitudes disrupt the dressing room and you can bet that the relationship between Messi and Neymar won't be the same. Its a shame Ney feels he is in Messi's shadow when Barca does everything it can to let each of the MSN shine on their own.

Best outcome for Barca now is to sell Neymar for 222Mil and chase after Dyballa for around 120mil. Use the other 102mil to sign another mid such as verrati or better yet, reinvest into La Masia.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Looks like whole Barcelona including Suarez and Messi begged Neymar to stay, I thought it wasn't going to be that critical of a situation since n.1 Neymar would have liked to stay himself and n.2 Barcelona could use the cash...

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I still won't believe it until I see Neymar in PSG jersey. However if Barcelona sell Neymar they can easily get Dybala/Coutinho, or maybe both?

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Coutinho would be a mistake. He is incredibly injury prone and he would fill a similar role to Iniesta who is much better. This would mean Coutinho would be benched especially since Andres is the captain and has hierarchy. The only real benefit he could bring to Barca would be his really good shot from outside the box, which Barca is pretty weak at. But regardless, we are yet to see how Valverde plans on playing so there could be room for him, but honestly I don't see it.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Interesting, however I think,
All of those talks and doubt and things are all part of the game, have always been.

It's perfectly normal for every good players out-there to have doubt to be lured by managers, projects. But aside from that is a huge pricing strategy, wages & promotion demands :(.

I wouldn't be surprise all of this was took out of proportion for similar purpose.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

The problem with Neymar is that he carries too much baggage with his dad who seems to like money more than his son :c If PSG really are willing to pay Neymar's clause then Barcelona should just agree and with that they can add depth to their squad. The sooner the better so they have plenty of time to plan out their moves.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Raimondo To be fair, he would propably replace Rakitic, even if I think its stupid.

@Quikzyyy Propably won't happen now but I do believe he seriously considered making the move at one point.

@Yvan21 Seem like they rather fight and conserve him instead. Their choice. I know I would think about it before making a decision.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Should have joined Chelsea back then as he has planned . Would have had Hazard and Brazilian mates to feel like home .
I will still take Neymar today . We will make a space for him .

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Marcus Can you pay the 222M release clause? :P

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Neymar would be wise to remain at Barca.

DarthFooty 7 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I hope he stays. Messi is not getting younger and Neymar is still improving, dispite his lack of goal scoring. I have seen his change in play for both club and country. It is a positive change and will help Neymar round his game out even more. Keep an eye on him over he next few years!

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

No. That clause they can stick deep up their culo . If Neymar wants to challenge for Balon D'or soon , he needs to leave Barcelona . He should have had been smarter rather than following money . Could have build his own brand , have team build around him , and develop into even better striker. Yeah playing Messi is fun but C.Ronaldo didn't join a team with world's best player in his young days and Messi started to get become Messi when Ronaldinho started fade away . These stars build their ego there , learned from their seniors , but didn't have senior players blocking their advancement and became top dogs at early age .

• History

No. That clause they can stick deep up their culo . If Neymar wants to challenge for Balon D'or soon , he needs to leave Barcelona . He should have had been smarter rather than following money . Could have build his own brand , have team build around him , and develop into even better striker. Yeah playing Messi is fun but C.Ronaldo didn't join a team with world's best player in his young days . He build his ego there , learned from the seniors and became top dog at early age .

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Marcus XD To be fair, I think Neymar particular set of skill wouldn't make him such an incredible player in the PL so I wouldn't be completely mad if he didn't go there. Not saying he wouldn't be good, just that he couldn't use his full potential. :)

• History

@Marcus XD To be fair, I think Neymar particular set of skill wouldn't make him such an incredible in the PL so I wouldn't be completely mad if he didn't go there. Not saying he wouldn't be good, just that he couldn't use his full potential. :)

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Emo

That's what people said about Hazard too, but here we are today.

If there's one thing I've learned from footballers, it is to never underestimate the capabilities of a man with ambition.

• History

@Emo

That's what people said about Hazard too, but here we are today.

SunFlash 7 years ago Edited
USA 19 3260

Neymar shouldn't go anywhere.

• History

C.Ronaldo didn't join a team with world's best player in his young days

bruh

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast Fair enough. ;) I guess I'm being a bit unfair there.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

To be fair to Neymar, he is still young and has done great things already, Messi is getting old and as soon as he loses his speed he will start playing more deep and focus on passing like Giggs and Rooney have done, Messi doesn't have the body to continue scoring much once he gets slower so time is a friend of Neymar now, sooner or later he will be the next top star in Barcelona and he will be the first candidate for Balon D'or if that's his biggest first world problem...It's not normal to leave Barcelona only because right now he isn't playing for Balon D'or.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Well said. Agree with @Dyn

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golazo

Exactly! People also don't often notice that Luis Suarez is also 30 years old. Suarez will no longer be the force he was with Liverpool and the past three seasons with Barcelona, which means that a 25 year-old Neymar is the perfect tip of the trident. I don't understand why this lad wants to leave Messi so badly.

If I had Neymar's ability and I got the opportunity to play with Leo Messi, I'd never leave Barcelona. ;D

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Luis Suarez is also 30 years old. Suarez will no longer be the force he was

That's still plenty of time man