Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo's Best-Ever Teammate?
Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Same as I did with Messi, who was Cristiano Ronaldo's best-ever teammate, in your opinion? It's up to you guys to define what "best teammate" means to you.

Here's a list of notable teammates of Ronaldo

• Wayne Rooney
  • Nemanja Vidic
  • Rio Ferdinand
  • Paul Scholes
  • Iker Casillas
  • Karim Benzema
  • Gonzalo Higuain
  • Marcelo Vieira
  • Mesut Ozil
  • Francisco Alarcon
  • Angel di Maria
  • Xabi Alonso
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Pepe
  • Raphael Varane
  • Daniel Carvajal
  • Toni Kroos
  • Luka Modric
  • Gareth Bale
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Same as I did with Messi, who was Cristiano Ronaldo's best-ever teammate, in your opinion? It's up to you guys to define what "best teammate" means to you.

• Wayne Rooney
  • Nemanja Vidic
  • Rio Ferdinand
  • Paul Scholes
  • Iker Casillas
  • Karim Benzema
  • Mesut Ozil
  • Angel di Maria
  • Xabi Alonso
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Pepe
  • Raphael Varane
  • Daniel Carvajal
  • Toni Kroos
  • Luka Modric
  • Gareth Bale

• Wayne Rooney
  • Nemanja Vidic
  • Rio Ferdinand
  • Paul Scholes
  • Iker Casillas
  • Karim Benzema
  • Gonzalo Higuain
  • Marcelo Vieira
  • Mesut Ozil
  • Angel di Maria
  • Xabi Alonso
  • Sergio Ramos
  • Pepe
  • Raphael Varane
  • Daniel Carvajal
  • Toni Kroos
  • Luka Modric
  • Gareth Bale
Comments
Dynastian98 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I find this one very difficult because there's no stand-out teammates of Ronaldo like there was for Messi (Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho). Ronaldo has had a lot of world-class teammates, but none are particularly head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Since Ronnie's success has coincided with Luka Modric's presence in the starting lineup, I would be inclined to say Modric. Although the best player on that list would be Toni Kroos, in my opinion.

Ozil and Benzema have clearly had the best on-pitch connection with him, though, despite the fact that Ozil only spent a short amount of time with him and Karim is often disrespected now because he is no longer the force he used to be. Marcelo is another great shout-out too, since they've both shared the same wing for a decade now.

• History

I find this one very difficult because there's no stand-out teammates of Ronaldo like there was for Messi (Xavi, Iniesta, Ronaldinho). Ronaldo has had a lot of world-class teammates, but none are particularly head-and-shoulders above the rest.

Since Ronnie's success has coincided with Luka Modric's presence in the starting lineup, I would be inclined to say Modric. Although the best player on that list would be Toni Kroos, in my opinion.

Ozil and Benzema have clearly had the best on-pitch connection with him, though, despite the fact that Ozil only spent a short amount of time with him and Karim is often disrespected now because he is no longer the force he used to be.

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

surprised to see you didn't include Marcelo

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

I'd take Modrić or Benzema, but as you said, there's no clear standout. Modrić was huge during last few years and Benzema played very long with Ronaldo, and also contributed in Ronaldo's crazy goalscoring record.

SunFlash 6 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'd give Marcelo the nod as well. Although in his time at United he and Rooney were fantastic together.

Emobot7 6 years ago Edited
538 11432

Pepe but NO MARCELO? What madness is this. :U

• History

NO MARCELO? What madness is this. :U

the_bald_genius 6 years ago
10 1583

order of influence most to least:

1. marcelo
  2. rooney
  3. modric
  4. scholes
  5. ozil
Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I do have Marcelo? His name is under Higuain's lol.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynast LOL. So used to only see Marcelo that I didn't realise it was him because of the Viera. So stupid of me. XD Sorry Dynast.

kyoekyar 6 years ago Edited
12 163

@Emo Actually he edited it (in both original post and his first reply) You sneaky dynastian lol

• History

@Emo Actually he edited it lol

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Ronaldos best mate is Ronaldo himself :)

Dynastian98 6 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

No no, I edited before I pasted my first comment. I realized I forgot Marcelo and Higuain initially, so I added them both together.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Dynastian @Kyoekyar Well, it doesn't really matter, whats important is that Marcelo is there now. :)

kyoekyar 6 years ago
12 163

@Dyn @Emo yeah, it doesn't really matter. The only thing is I was shocked seeing the list without Marcelo coz he is the one who stand out for me

tiki10taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 0 82

Modric, brain of the team.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

It would go for:

• Modric
  • Scholes
  • Ozil
    and
  • Marcelo.
  • Benzema (this is the silent force) that feed and create spaces for Ronaldo to expose

In all games I always have impression that as long as Marcelo is doing well (and he mostly does), his offering on the left wing to Ronaldo is immense, even though it's not a direct assist.

• History

It would go for:

• Modric
  • Scholes
  • Ozil
    and
  • Marcelo.
  • Benzema (this is the silent force) that feed and create spaces for Ronaldo to expose

In all games I always have impression that as long as Marcelo is doing well (and he mostly does), his offering on the left wing to Ronaldo is immense, even though it's not a direct assist.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

Marcelo for me. Both in terms of friendship and chemistry on the field. And damn you wrote Francisco Alarcon :o sounds pretty fancy