Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Ronaldo's Decline in Numbers
Comments
Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

So, tell me if I got that right, in short, their saying Ronaldo is slowly on the decline? And slowly being the important word in my opinion because to be sincere, I think Ronaldo still got a few good year in the top flight ahead of him. ;)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

So, tell if I got that right, in short, their saying Ronaldo is slowly on the decline? And slowly being the important word in my opinion because to be sincere, I think Ronaldo still got a few good year in the top flight ahead of him. ;)

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Nice read.

He is immensely declined in touches and passes, but as the article said, Ronaldo isnt about that, hes a goal scoring machine, and for that he will only decline by his standard... will still be on top of other guys.

Messi on the other hand has developed his games in a more interesting way IMO.

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

it does raise the interesting question of where he will retire. fairy tale move back to united? end it at real? move to china perhaps?

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I do love me some statistical analysis, especially when I'm not the one who had to research all of it.

However, I do agree with one of the comments on the article, Rafa. Ronaldo scored in 44% of his games with Rafa and 67% of his games with Zidane. Ronaldo's fantastic play at the end of the season directly coincided with Zidane's arrival and a change in system. I would argue that makes statistics of the first bit of last season a bit odd, and Ronaldo isn't alone in that respect. Bale, Benzema, Isco, all had better stats down the line after Rafa's departure, and no one is attempting to say that they're on the decline.

VAMOSBenfica 8 years ago
15 183

Yeah, the main reason people think Ronaldo has started to decline now is because of one word: age - other players in general decline when they get over their 30s. But Ronaldo is no 'other player' or whatever. He's considered one of the best in history, and why is that mainly? Because of his "there is no strong enough adjective to use" hunger.

It is clear for all to see: Ronaldo is becoming a pure striker and will be used in that position in the coming season and forward. Then try to compare him with other pure strikers and ask yourself who is the best? Ronaldo, all day and every day (although Lewandowski is on his way to something big).

NovaRuk 8 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

it does raise the interesting question of where he will retire

I read somewhere on article before that Ronaldo himself said he wants to retire at Real when he's 41

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The Word I retain is metamorphosis : from a winger to a 7 to a false nine to a traditional 9. well we're not comparing him just judging his own stats and they are from another planet.