Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Shock! Ronaldo on the move! Where will he go?
legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Ok, so could have put this under All transfer rumours but I reckon it's kind of big enough to have its own thread!

Sounds as though Ronaldo really is going to leave Real. Absolutely did not see that coming, thought it was given he would stay in Madrid.

United seems a likely destination, for obvious reasons. In a way I really hope he does move to them, as it will make the league a lot more interesting. Might actually make a United game interesting to watch! Also would suddenly make them very credible title contenders which is not so good, though.

Post your thoughts on whether he will go and where could go to below.

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Madridista You right, I remember thinking about the rumours of him joining PSG at one point in this whole affair. Back in the day, I was so naive, I actually thought it was gonna happen. XD Anyway, might be that Ronaldo love to be the center of attention as well or maybe he just wanna play the victim. Maybe this is only a bunch of crazy journalist spouting rumours without any evidence. Its really hard to say right now but I still think him leaving Madrid is nearly impossible. :P Beside, it would screw with EA FIFA 18 too much. XD

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@emo Not as much as you would think. Bale was announced to be a cover athlete for fifa 14 alongside Messi. The thing is, they have designed the cover with him wearing the spurs kit, then immediately changed it to a madrid one when the deal was confirmed lol.

Aside from that, if there was ever a time to sell Ronaldo it would be NOW. I don't want him to leave of course, but as he gets older the price drops as well. I hope he retires with us, but it wouldn't hurt me now as much as it would've back in 2012.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Just like me having a girlfriend, this is bs.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Madridista Well, I get what you mean. But still, it would be kind of funny, especialy if he signed to China, club FIFA 18 don't have the license of! But yeah, I understand what you mean, if you want to sell for the most amount, now would be the time. Still don't think it will happen or that it should. Replacing CR7, a player I consider the best finisher in the world right now would be tough for Real. :(

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

I'd just like to point out something nobody has yet mentioned, which could be a huge factor in why he would want to leave. From the outside of it, Ronaldo has always seemed to have had an extremely good relationship with his fellow Portuguese at Real Madrid: Pepe and Coentrão.

Now, with these rumours, guess what happened just this summer with both players. Pepe, a Real Madrid legend, was thrown out of the club with little respect for what he has done, much like the way Casillas was treated. Coentrão has also left after not really getting a shot at playing anymore (for some reason I have no idea, the guy is quality).

Could the reason why Ronaldo wants to leave be because of the club's treatment of two of his very best friends in football?

I certainly think so.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Vamos Hey mate, been too long since I last see you, how are you? :)

Anyway, I agree with you but you musn't forget that Ronaldo still have one of his best pal at Real in Marcelo. Still, now that you think about it, that could be an extra reason for him to join PSG if he left, since they are the one closer to sign Pepe it seem.

Anyway, good point! :)

VAMOSBenfica 7 years ago
15 183

@Emo Whole bunch of exams recently, just finished :)

Ronaldo for sure has good friends left at the club, but I think he can have taken it personally when the club treated two of his fellow countrymen and very best friends the way it did. PSG seems more likely indeed if Pepe goes there, but we all know Manchester United is probably still where he will go.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Vamos Pepe deserved a farewell game or something similar to what Terry had in England. Whereas Coentrao should have been given more chance. I agree there is reason to be mad. Still have a hard time imagining a Real without Ronaldo. I'd rather wait a few week and get more info from Ronaldo himself before losing my mind though. :P

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@VamosBenfica Pepe wasn't thrown out with little respect for what he's done. He was offered a contact extension for a year which he didn't take. He didn't like the offer Madrid made him. Madrid as a club must stand firm on its decisions and they know it really didn't make sense to offer more than they were to an older player. Especially when they have young talent coming through the ranks willing to fill his spot at a tiny fraction of what he was asking. And guess what? PSG has offered him the same deal Madrid had offered him. And Pepe didn't want a goodbye ceremony at the end which is why there wasn't any.

Coentrao's quality yes, but too bad last time I saw that was in 2013/14. Had some persistent injuries and never got his confidence back. Came on as a substitute in a League game after his injury and played horrible to which he said "I am in no condition to play for Real Madrid." So, I think we can understand why Madrid will let go of him. Don't think he's left yet.

But you are right that seeing two of his Portuguese friends leaving may be a factor in Ronaldo possibly wanting to leave Madrid this summer. Just wanted to be clear on the reasons why Pepe and Coentrao are leaving Madrid.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Actually Pepe felt quite bitter about his departure from Real. He claimed Zidane knew he was leaving before himself. Also it seems Pepe was in the middle of tax evasion accusations and Real did not defend him so he was hurt by the club going as far as saying that he preferred Benitez over ZIdane.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2017/jun/07/pepe-real-madrid-hannibal-lecter

All in all he was just replaced by Varane and Nacho in the pecking order and that must of unsettled him. His relationship with Zidane was nonexistant and he felt let down by the club he represented for 10 years. I understand his bitterness. Casillas was treated similarly and he was an even bigger figure at Madrid.

This seems to have spread into Ronaldo's mood. Maybe he feels the club isnt doing enough for him. And he had been thinking about his future.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@raimondo Well, he propably realise that if he at one point fail to produce, there is a risk the club will treat him the same they did with Pepe and Cassillas. :(

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

Yea, Pepe was angry at Florentino and Zidane because he believes they knew they were going to sell him this summer and he was the last person to be informed about it. He got injured badly n the game against Atletico and all that contributed to him feeling bitter about leaving Madrid. Casillas is a legend, and it was sad to see him go that way. But, time has proven Real Madrid right and Casillas got in Porto the playing time he wasn't going to get In Madrid anymore.
For Ronaldo, Madrid released an official report expressing their support for him against the tax evasion charges. What else does he want them to do? This is a legal process and Ronaldo can't expect Madrid to dig him out of this. If he knows he's innocent like he's said, then he should have nothing to fear.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

He is renegotiating his contract and putting pressure on Madrid judges who also are Madrid fans, he is going anywhere, he relies on Madrid not the opposite... from 2009 to 2013 Madrid relied on him badly, things have changed since.
Actually it's the best chance Madrid has to cash out 250 million, but then none would be the president that made Ronaldo leave in socios eyes...

I understand his anger, Perez was supposed to protect him from Madrid court...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

He is renegotiating his contract and putting pressure on Madrid judges who also are Madrid fans, he is going anywhere, he relies on Madrid not the opposite...
Actually it's the best chance Madrid has to cash out 250 million, but then none would be the president that would let Ronaldo leave...

He is renegotiating his contract and putting pressure on Madrid judges who also are Madrid fans, he is going anywhere, he relies on Madrid not the opposite... from 2009 to 2013 Madrid relied on him badly, things have changed since.
Actually it's the best chance Madrid has to cash out 250 million, but then none would be the president that would let Ronaldo leave...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Yvan21 Your making it sound a bit like Ronaldo decision to leave might have to do with a guilty consciousness. But for sure, if he knew he did some thing that weren't very legal, then it might be why he want to leave. Still from what I seem to remember, they wouldn't put him in prison unless the value he stole from the gouvernement was too high, so I don't think it would really make him want to move. :(

@Tiki Yeah, it could be a ploy to get an even better contract, why not, after all, he helped Real win two back to back CL, so I don't see why Madrid wouldn't give him a raise. :P

• History

@Yvan21 Your making it sound a bit like Ronaldo decision to leave might have to do with a guilty consciousness. But for sure, if he knew he did some thing that weren't very legal, then it might be why he want to leave. Still from what I seem to remember, they wouldn't put him in prison unless the value he stole from the gouvernement was too high, so I don't think it would really make him want to move. :(

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Could the reason why Ronaldo wants to leave be because of the club's treatment of two of his very best friends in football?

No chance.
Pepe was leaving and Coentrao hasn't been in the first team for a while and that wasn't a problem for the club and CR7 didn't complain about it, he gets along well with everybody and if Pepe going to PSG was bothering him he would have reacted much sooner.

The reason behind CR7 wanting to leave the club comes from the witch hunt about his taxes, it started before the Champions League final where he was asked about it and he said he knows he payed everything well and can sleep at night, with all the focus being on the final game.

Hours just before that final on June 3, Ronaldo's agent Jorge Mendes held secret talks with PSG.

A regional state prosecutor is still eager to investigate CR7 about his taxes from 2011 to 2014, CR7 made an extra payment of £5m in 2014 and he thought that he fixed all the problems.

100% of the time, the players that are really accused of not paying taxes in Spain are not Spanish there is never a real issue with the domestic players, what they do with their bills is somehow much better compared to other players even though all players have their own image rights and are under the same laws in Spain.

Yvan21 7 years ago
0 440

@Emobot7 Yea, he won't go to prison. None of these rich players will ever step foot on prison even if found guilty. They'll just be given a hefty fine to pay haha. What I was trying to say is that why would he be so cranky and angry with Madrid if they've made it known that they stand behind Ronaldo's claims of innocence. Surely hope he doesn't want Madrid to fight his off the pitch battles. If he knows he did nothing wrong then he should just carry on with his life in Spain.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

from 2009 to 2013 Madrid relied on him badly, things have changed since.

They have, but not so much. Madrid still need him for the big games, which he's proved once again this season. No way in hell Madrid wins the Champions League or La Liga without Ronaldo.

• History

from 2009 to 2013 Madrid relied on him badly, things have changed since.

They have, but not so much. Madrid still need him for the big games, which he's proved once again this season. No way in hell Madrid wins another the Champions League or La Liga without Ronaldo.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Dynastian Man, imagine what would have happened in CL 2015-16 if Ronaldo wouldn't have been there. Real getting knocked out by Wolfburg would have been shameful. :( And this year, he was once again the key player against the German side they met in the second round of the knockout phase, scoring something like 5 or 6 goal against Bayern? Similarly, he was instrumental in the win against Atletico and very important against Juventus. Real definetly might have not won their 2 last champion league without him. :(

@Yvan21

If he knows he did nothing wrong then he should just carry on with his life in Spain.

Agreed, beside, we all know he is used to people trying to get him down, it seem crazy than those accusation get him like that. I'm more and more tempted to think that Ronaldo might actually just want a new and better contract. :P

• History

@Dynastian Man, imagine what would have happened in CL 2015-16 if Ronaldo wouldn't have been there. Real getting knocked out by Wolfburg would have been shameful. :( And this year, he was once again the key player against the German side they met in the second round of the knockout phase, scoring something like 5 or 6 goal againt Bayern? Similarly, he was instrumental in the win against Atletico and very important against Juventus. Real definetly might have not won their 2 last champion league without him. :(

@Dynastian Man, imagine what would have happened in CL 2015-16 if Ronaldo wouldn't have been there. Real getting knocked out by Wolfburg would have been shameful. :( And this year, he was once again the key player against the German side they met in the second round of the knockout phase, scoring something like 5 or 6 goal against Bayern? Similarly, he was instrumental in the win against Atletico and very important against Juventus. Real definetly might have not won their 2 last champion league without him. :(

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Ronaldo clearly wants to leave, even to go back to United. The only reason he stayed in the team with Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo is because of the money he got from Perez. He is the highest paid sportsman, and he didn't want to turn it down, even if it means playing with Ramos.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@amir_keam Not true. All evidence suggest he became a diva because of taxes and doesn't want to deal with the allegations. He's fine with the team and coach.