Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The best teams in the world
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

2 years ago since first thread. A month ago since that thread got updated and then closed.

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Juventus
City
Chelsea
United
Atletico Madrid
Dortmund

Tier 3
Arsenal
Spurs
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
PSV Einhoven
Basel
Ajax
Feyenoord
Celtic

.some of you said that PSG shouldn't be up there (still think so?) and that Real should be in their own league (still think so?). At this time I'd put Chelsea above Atletico. They're just not as good as a year or two ago. United and City have certainly proved themselves. Will be fun to watch City - Chelsea this week. Bayern is still definatively up there no matter that they lost big to PSG.

Juve in tier 1? Are Juve a better team than Chelsea?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

2 years ago since first thread. A month ago since that thread got updated and then closed.

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid

Tier 3
Spurs
Dortmund
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Basel
Celtic

.some of you said that PSG shouldn't be up there (still think so?) and that Real should be in their own league (still think so?). At this time I'd put Chelsea above Atletico. They're just not as good as a year or two ago. United and City have certainly proved themselves. Will be fun to watch City - Chelsea this week. Bayern is still definatively up there no matter that they lost big to PSG.

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid

Tier 3
Arsenal
Spurs
Dortmund
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
Basel
Celtic

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid

Tier 3
Dortmund
Arsenal
Spurs
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
Basel
Celtic

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid

Tier 3
Dortmund
Arsenal
Spurs
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
PSV Einhoven
Basel
Ajax
Feyenoord
Celtic

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid
Dortmund

Tier 3
Arsenal
Spurs
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
PSV Einhoven
Basel
Ajax
Feyenoord
Celtic

In order:

Tier 1
Real
PSG
Bayern

Barca (a bit behind)

Tier 2
Chelsea
Juventus
City
United
Atletico Madrid
Dortmund

Tier 3
Arsenal
Spurs
Roma
Sevilla
Liverpool
Monaco

Tier 4
Napoli
Milan
Porto
RB Leipzig
Inter
Benfica
Schalke
Sporting CP
Leicester
Zenit
CSKA Moskva
Besiktas
Galatasaray
Everton
PSV Einhoven
Basel
Ajax
Feyenoord
Celtic

Juve in tier 1? Are Juve a better team than Chelsea?

Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago Edited

@croatian

"Didn't Chelsea also barely get point against Arsenal, at home? Didn't you beat Atletico by last second goal (tho you were better - but nobody would care if it ended 1-1)."

They were the better team away for the entire game and they won. What else matters? Atletico isn't as good as they were last year for instance. English teams weren't as good last year as they are now.

Also, odds are pointless? What are you on about? If anything odds are very much important to consider. Believe me. I work with it. The odds are determined by experts together with million of people that bet their hard earned money on what they deem to be the most likely winner,. How is that not relevant?

Furthermore.. had you actually looked at the odds you would have seen that Dynamo Kiev in fact has not better odds than Dortmund, Roma, Monaco and Leizig.. Dortmund at average around 70 etc..

Now, firstly, the odds that you are refering to for Kiev is at 126. How is that better? Secondly, betfair doesn't work as the other betting companies (which is the only one giving them those odds). Had you known anything about how odds work you would have known this.

Lastly, please just compare the odds for United and Monaco. Monaco better than United? Tss. Also notice that PSG are close to being favorites to win it. Tier 2? Don't think so.

• History

@croatian

"Didn't Chelsea also barely get point against Arsenal, at home? Didn't you beat Atletico by last second goal (tho you were better - but nobody would care if it ended 1-1)."

They were the better team away for the entire game and they won. What else matters? Atletico isnät as good as they were last year for instance. English teams weren't as good last year as they are now.

Also, odds are pointless? What are you on about? If anything odds are very much important to consider. Believe me. I work with it. The odds are determined by experts together with million of people that bet their hard earned money on what they deem to be the most liekly winner,. How is that not relevant?

Furthermore.. had you actually looked at the odds you would have seen that Dynamo Kiev in fact has not better odds than Dortmund, Roma, Monaco and Leizig.. Napoli is at average at around 30 times the money to win CL. Dortmund at average around 70.

Now, firstly, the odds that you are refering to for Kiev is at 126. How is that better? Secondly, betfair doesn't work as the other betting companies (which is the only one giving them those odds). Had you known anything about how odds work you would have known this.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@KTB Odds are weird and hard to understand sometime. Also, every team me and my dad bet on teams who are supposed to be safe bet end, they end up up losing or drawing, damn you Liverpool. :(

• History

@KTB Odds are weird and hard to understand sometime. Also, every team me and my dad bet on who are supposed to be safe bet end up losing or drawing, damn you Liverpool. :(

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

What were odds for Leicester winning PL and Chelsea falling to 16th in the same league season? Or what were odds for City winning 5-0 over Liverpool when they beated Arsenal 4-0 week before. Even more relevant, what were odds for Watford's position atm at the table at this exact time.

I respect you for knowing stuff like odds but it's not that something written in odds should be taken as bibylical law. I don't understand a single bit of them and don't plan to so I hope you can see misunderstanding with Dynamo Kiev.

Second, I think teams like Barcelona or Juventus or Real or Bayern with good coach are smart enough to figure how to play against PSG's front line, same way some did against MSN or BBC in best seasons. They aren't unbeatable and tier 1 is probably realistic but they lost title to Monaco and dropped in most embarrasing way against Barca with same coach, same midfield, and same defence apart from Alves and now they are CL favorites over Madrid because they have Neymar and Mbappe?

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

"What were odds for Leicester winning PL and Chelsea falling to 16th in the same league season? Or what were odds for City winning 5-0 over Liverpool when they beated Arsenal 4-0 week before. Even more relevant, what were odds for Watford's position atm at the table at this exact time."

It's not as relevant as you'd think. There will always be upsets, but had odds been wrong in the long run, we wouldn't have pundits. The odds are made by experts and millions of bettersa alike. A better example would be to check the odds for who'd win wevery league. Right now City are clear favorites to win EPL. United second at 3.75. Chelsea thirds at 10. Spurs at 15 etc. Watford at 1001 times the money. Seems reasonable right?

And regarding PSG. Yes they did loose that game with massive num,bers., The game before they were far superior though. There will always be upsets. And Mbappe and Neymar are among worldst best players so if they were that good last year, then now they're very much better. With that said, yes Juve, Barca and Bayern and maybe even a few of the ENglish teams would still be able to beat them. For sure. They're not unbeatable.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

The odds for Leicester winning EPL was 3001 times the money btw.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Also, so that you don't overestimate teams like Roma and Napoli.. City and Chelswea both around 1.60 at home to beat them compared to theirs 5 times the money.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@KTB Chelswea. :)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Hate to say it.but Man City looks thrilling ATM

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Tuan_jinn Indeed, they look set to do well both in Europe and in England. Wonder if this will continue but one thing for sure, they got me quite suprised.

SoccerBoss 6 years ago
Barcelona, Russia 34 804

Based on form as of today:

1. Man City (Wayyyy OP, their second string can beat all of EPL's first string teams.)
  2. PSG ($$$ can sometimes actually buy happiness)
  3. Barça (Some bias, but they beat Athletic on their turf.)
  4. Real or Bayern, both are good but stumble a bit due to injuries, etc.