Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The big problems of one team
amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

After the transfer window was complete, many football fans thought that AC Milan was finally fully revived. They made 10 middle class good signings, such as Biglia, who was Lazio's captain. Another one was Kalinic, who was Fiorentina's ST. They convinced Donnarumma to sign a new contract, and got Leonardo Bonucci to sign for them, which was the most unexpected of all and got many people thinking AC Milan would finally challenge. However, it did not go exactly to plan, the side still has too many problems.

Manager

Before everything begins, I think everyone knows that in order for a team to really begin to challenge, regardless of the players the teams consists of, the manager must be allowed to have full freedom. Good managers are those that have freedom to make bold decisions. For example, James Rodriguez from Real Madrid, was a guy who was expected to be the future of Real Madrid cost them 78 millions euros. As soon as Zidane came in, he created a system in which James Rodriguez was not involved in. He had all the freedom to make changes, in exchange he won Barcelona in his first El Clasico and won the Champions League in his first season

For Milan, Montella does not have that. Last season, he finished 6th, and won the club's first trophy in nearly 6 years, with a rather average squad. At the beginning of the season, he used his preferred 4 3 3 formation, and to be honest it was quite convincing. However, he was practically forced into using a system in which most new signings can play in, and it's clear to see that simply has no balance. Against Roma, Milan played 9 outfield players out of the 10 new signings. A.Donnarumma on the bench, and Conti was injured. The power of the owner is becoming too much, and it's really destroying football. Unfortunately, AC Milan's revival plans are being stopped by their owners, and worst of all their city rivals are getting better and better.

Bonucci

Milan literally had to do so much to get this guy. Firstly, they took Kessie's shirt number, and changed it from 19 to 79, and that was because Bonucci wanted it. Donnarumma was promised to be captain, despite his young age, instead they gave it to Bonucci. The reception he got was extremely welcoming, and the environment for him was really good. After many years with BBC, he wanted to try a new challenge, joining in a rebuilding period. However, playing with new players that don't have the experience of Barzagli and Cheillini is very difficult for him. He was the least experienced out of the BBC, and he went to assist Mussacio and Romanogli. He was probably the worst option of the BBC when it comes to pure defending.

Also, on paper, the Milan defense seems to be the one for the future, with Donnarumma, Romanogli, Mussacio and Conti all being led by Bonucci, but Milan cannot seem to find the rhythem of the team.

Money being spent

The money being spent personally wasn't as good as it could have been. I think it would have just been better to buy some mega players, like Aubameyang back from Dortmund. After all, he did spend many years at Milan and he knows the environment well enough. In fact, he once took an unauthorized holiday to Italy. Another option could have been Diego Costa, who was in a bad situation in Chelsea, he could have gone too. The players they bought were not bad, but if you want to see your new players in action, you don't buy 11 players and expect them to play with any chemistry, that simply won't work.

Anyway, what's your opinion on the matter, did AC Milan disappoint you?

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I don't think you can swap out an entire side, or at least half of one, and expect a good showing. Understanding teammates matters. Chemistry matters. Yes, players can play to a certain level, and generally do so regardless of teammates. But when the chemistry and understanding is there, the players elevate their play above their base level. Milan do not have that elevation at the moment.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Milan is somewhat in a rebuilding period but I dont think their current team is enough. At least not enough to rival Juve, Inter and Napoli. I know very little of Serie A in general so I have no knowledge if Montella is any good or not. But if he isnt, Carlo is available for next season so he could bring a lot to a team like Milan. Him with the addition of a few key signings might be enough to push Milan to top 3. Its also helping that Juve are not as unstoppable as they were the last few years, gotta take those opportunities when they come.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

@SunFlash

Just look at Everton as well, after they brought in so many players. Yes, I know there's the problem of not having replaced Lukaku adequately, and that has cost them dearly. But beyond that, you have a large group of players who have never played together. Given time to gel, this Everton side can go on to do much better. My feeling is they'll pick up by the end of the season - a new manager can also help with this.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Raimondo Popular opinion from the fan seem to be that Montella isn't good enough for the job. I think they should indeed move for Carlo at one point if he still free by the time they get fed up by Montella. Also, whoever they chose to replace him, they need to give him freedom of putting the formation and team he want.

@Sunflash In other word, those guys need more time to understand each other better.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Raimondo Popular opinion from the fan seem to be that Montella isn't good enough for the job. I think they should indeed move for Carlo at one point if he still free by the time they get fed up by Montella. Also, whoever they chose to replace him, they need to give him freedom of putting the formation and team he want.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Same go to Everton, similar thing happening and the result is dreadful.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Talking about Everton, I realised no one said it on the forum but Koeman has been sacked. :O Thought?

amir_keal 7 years ago

The thing with Koeman is, at least he was given freedom to choose his players to match his wants, whereas Montella has not. However, considering the fact that Everton started the season against some big teams and were the only team to not lose to City, I really think he should have been given a little more time. I'd say three weeks would be perfect. The players were slowly but surely getting motivated.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Emo: the Dutch cow man ran out of ideas, and excuses (he did give a lot in post interviews. I really liked him, and as @amir_keal said, he had all the freedom but failed to delivered.

His team movements were awful, his game reading dropped, some key players confident went out the air. One thing leads to another, the other teams loose "respect" to Everton, played with full confident. Everton lost all their momentum and confident....

I agree he could have been given 3 more weeks. But only if he showed any kind of changes or experiments, he didn't. Another 3 weeks would only get worse :(

amir_keal 7 years ago

I guess your right.

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

they never learn. bringing in a shit load of players counts for nothing if u dont replace the player u sold, or at least try to (lukaku, bale, suarez)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@nanda How Liverpool fan are seeing Everton right now by the way? I mean, those guys are supposed to be your rival. :(

nandaYNWA 6 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

fkn loving it ;)

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@nandaYNWA Oh. XD

tuan_jinn 6 years ago

Ohhh Emo you bad 😰😂