Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The monster 2017 :
tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768
Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Sunflash this is why I think your based stats/goal knowledge on football is incomplete, even if it doesn't please you call me arrogant or whatever you feel. Messi was far from disappearing in Juve first leg. All Barca chances came from him, is it Messi fault if his magic pass to Iniesta didnt ended as a goal ? No he did the perfect pass and then it was up to his teammate to beat Buffon. Same case on his key pass to Suarez both saved by Buffon.
When your midlefield cant deliver and you get denied the box zonally and you still create chances that doesn't get converted into goals, what is your mistake? That people are not good enough to appreciate your work ? Or just don't get that this game is more than pushing a goal into a net...

So how do you feel about Pogba's season then? He hit the woodwork 10 times this season, and had NUMEROUS assists thrown away by Ibra/Rooney's poor finishing. Not the mention the sphere of influence he cast over the midfield in every game he played.

Zlatan, on the other hand, scored a healthy amount of goals, but also missed so many chances that he objectively should've been benched for a great portion of the season.

Who do you think had a better season? It's pretty clear from how I worded this post how I feel. But regardless of that, Zlatan's season has been held in a higher regard than Pogba's because he made more goals happen. How do you feel about it? You can pretty easily see the comparison I'm drawing here, and I know you're French, but leave that out of how you view Pogba's season.

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Pogba season is correct, he has some moments of brilliance but he is also inconsistent at timeswich cannot be explained by age anymore. I also think his progression is slowing down while he was painted as a potential BO at 20. A real future BO not just another English overhyped player....

Doesnt mean he is shit or was shit, im high demanding of him considering his nationality and potential, still doesnt see whats the comparison you are drawing ?

If you think i blame Pogba for not scoring you completely ignore the way i see Football. I blame him for other things like being sufficient at times and still not taking responsability of a midlefield when your nation or your club gives you the keys...

Are you watching Copa Del Rey final ?

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

The comparison I'm drawing is that of fine lines. If Pogba just hits the netting instead of the woodwork, he scores 20+ goals this season. If his teammates finished even 15% of the chances he created, we're taking 15-20+ assists.

You can say that Neymar brings a lot to the game other than his final third production. And I'm fine with that. It's the comparison I'm drawing with Pogba, who I think has had a very solid first season back in Manchester. But it's also the comparison to what you said about Messi vs Juve. It's great to go and create things, but unless it ends up in the back of the net, you don't get highly regarded - which is why I used Ibra as an example. His clinicalness was often terrible this season, but he scored a bunch, so gets good rep.

If you go by key passes/chances created, Ozil tops De Bruyne on both. But De Bruyne had double Ozil's assists, mainly due to superior finishing. In fact, the general perception of Ozil is that he had a below average season, when looking at these stats, he probably had a typical Ozil campaign.

There is a legitimate chance that Neymar didn't get many chances to score this season. However, that doesn't change the fact that Giroud scored more league goals than he did.

Shrug. And I'm at work, so no, not watching the final :/

tiki_taka 7 years ago

Again im not judging Pogba on his stats, he could have +5 goals and +5 assists to his season record, i would have same feeling from the games i watched. I judge on 90 min, a control, a pass, an off run, an anticipation all this matter in the final ratings or a player judgement...
well it cant be 100% correct but i like players doing right move right moment, reason why i rated Ngolo Kante better this season from what i have seen and completely ignoring both players exact stats...

Well i just put players who smell Football ahead of athleetes who will miss 5 to score 1 and still end up with a brace or an assist but they will blow up many times... I rate KDB higher too, Hazard and all players who does frequently the right move the right moment.

A poacher game is based on luck when he has the ability, if the work is done he gets the chances and some easy ones to score them with his finishing or physical atributes, if there is no chance created = there is no goal.

If Modric was a Barça player, Barca would have made the treble and with a margin imo...

For Ibra im not sure he was used at 100%, Pogba may have feeded him, but Pogba midlefield workrate for me could have been better knowing what he is able to do. he is using 50% of his potential and it doesnt please me, and again doesnt mean he flopped if you compare him to his teammates display, of course he did better.