Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The most intense emotion in the football history
FoxMulder 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 4 257

Hello,

Being a supporter of the PSG, the match against Barcelona will remain a sad memory.
But beyond the supportering side, I do not remember a football match that brought so much joy and sadness at the same time, I saw football games ending with intense emotions like the final France- Italy Euro 2000, the UCL final between Bayern and Manchester, but none really has reached that degree of madness.
Was it the craziest match in football history or do you remember an international match that ended with such level of emotions ?

Comments
Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Personally:

From 3:05, that goal made the whole Azteca explode.

The golden boy himself:

Spain 2010:

Italy vs Germany 2006:

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Personally:

From 3:05, that goal made the whole Azteca explode.

The golden boy himself:

Spain 2010:

Italy vs German 2006:

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golazo

You watched the Maradona goals live?

Personally, the most emotional game for me was our 4-1 Champions League final against Atletico Madrid. Ramos' goal was what made me go crazy.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

No I didn't.

Wolfie 7 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

Not even an Arsenal fan but 2006 CL final broke my heart.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

CL final 1998 1999. When Manchester United came from 1 0 down against Bayern Munich (who was the favourite with Kahl or Eifenberg as their captain) Tough as hell. and it was like 88' or something. 2 goals in a few mins and I screamedddd, laughed, crieddddd, farted, jumped around for a good 3 mins...

It was my best moment in all my years of watching football.

• History

CL final 1998 1999. When Manchester United came from 1 0 down, and it was like 88' or something. 2 goals in a few mins and I screamed cried farted...

It was my best moment in all my year of watching football.

CL final 1998 1999. When Manchester United came from 1 0 down against Bayern Munich (who was the favourite with Kahl or Eifenberg as their captain) Tough as hell. and it was like 88' or something. 2 goals in a few mins and I screamed cried farted...

It was my best moment in all my year of watching football.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

2009 we were robbed 2008 unlucky

FoxMulder 7 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain, France 4 257

What we can notice is that the intense emotion is often linked to a "last second" decisive goal that change the destiny of a match (Bayern vs Manchester UCL final, Real Madrid vs Atletico UCL final, Manchester City vs Stoke EPL "final" , Barcelona vs PSG...)

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

World cup final 2010 and Champions League 2006. Finals are the worst, but 2010 was worse because of the stupid referee.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I will tell you a sad story. A sad story and a must forget night for all Fenerbahçe fans

2009-2010 Season Final Games. Bursaspor playing against us at home and Fenerbahçe playing against Trabzonspor at home. If Fenerbahçe wins they are the champions. If they draw and Bursa wins Bursa are the champions. If both draw Fenerbahçe are the champions.

Last minutes were on the way. Bursaspor 2-1 Beşiktaş and Fenerbahçe 1-1 Trabzonspor.
Bursaspor match finished. And the Bursaspor fans started to wait for Fenerbahçe game to end. And Fenerbahçe match was at the last seconds of the game. Nothing too wrong until the announcement at Fenerbahçe's stadium. What was it saying?
"Beşiktaş scored, Bursaspor 2-2" But wait, what? Beşiktaş never scored. It was a wrong announcement. But noone realized it was wrong and they were celebrating. They celebrated their non"championship" . Bursaspor were also celebrating after the final whistle of the Fenerbahçe game. Here are the Bursaspor's reactions:

Emre Belözoğlu is telling us what he felt that night. He says:

• I was so happy. I actually lost my consciousness because of the happiness I had after I thought we were the champions. And then when I woke up in the dressing room, I saw our President, my teammates were all crying. I asked them "We are the champions. Why are you crying?" After I heard that Bursa game had ended 2-1, I don't remember the rest. I lost my consciousness once again.

What Fenerbahçe fans did after they learnt they were not the champions? Here it is.

That was not the only feeling for Fenerbahçe fans to lost the championship in Final game of the season.

May 14th 2006. Denizlispor Fenerbahçe game. If Fener wins. They are the champions even if Galatasaray wins. And the things is. If Denizli looses, Denizlispor will be relegated.

And here is starts:
Galatasaray scored a few and they won. But when they learnt Fenerbahçe conceded... Now it was all up to Denizli-Fener game. But that game was not going normal. Fights, players passing out. Denizli fans' incidents. Everthing you can imagine.
It was 0-0. And Denizli scored at like 86th' !!! 1-0. The referee says there were 16 minutes extra time. Tuncay scores at 90+ I don't remember !!! 1-1 !!! Only one goal needed. But no. They couldn't scored the second one. Denizlispor stays in Super Lig while Fenerbahçe lost the championship.
Unfortunately, there were too many people lost their lives all over Turkey that night. Heart attacks...
Some videos:

One more

Last game of 2011-2012 Season. Fenerbahçe - Galatasaray. Fener wins. They are the champions; otherwise, Galatasaray are the champions. Game ends 0-0 in Kadıköy.

Here is the highlights:
(Long)

(Short)

Here are the fans after the game in and out of the stadium:

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Also about the best emotions I had:

Almost all Euro 2008 games of Turkey.

-Turkey - Czech Republic game. Final game of the group stage. We needed a win to get through over Czechs. We were down by 2 goals. Then Arda scored at 76' . Nihat Kahveci with the 2 more goals at 85' and 87' . Then our GK got a red card and FW Tuncay had to step in for the Goalkeeping. The happiness with the Final whistle. Can not be described.

-Turkey - Croatia QF game when we conceded a goal at 118' minute then scored the equalizer at 121' . What a night it was also.

-I remember the SF game between Germany - Turkey. When we scored the equalizer at 86th minute. And then concede a 90'+ minute goal. Those emotions ! Missed that feelings man.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

What we can notice is that the intense emotion is often linked to a "last second" decisive goal that change the destiny of a match (Bayern vs Manchester UCL final, Real Madrid vs Atletico UCL final, Manchester City vs Stoke EPL "final" , Barcelona vs PSG...)

Good analyse, guess its because that at the last minute people are standing on the edge of their chair, hoping for miracle and yet maybe inside, part of them feel its already over and that they lost. Then suddenly, at the very end, at a moment when the other team doesn't have the time to score another one, a miracle happen, a goal is scored and your team just won the game!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Good Lord, Turkish football fans are crazy.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I have to go with Dynastian on this one. That match to me is the greatest football match I've seen in my life so far. Why? Bc I started to somewhat follow Real Madrid in the 03-04 season, so La Decima was the first UCL trophy I've seen lifted by my team live. oh man can't believe that was almost 3 years ago. Time flies man.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

And the matches that really broke my heart were the semi-finals of 2012 and 2013 of the ucl. No defeat from Barcelona hurt me then more than these two matches. The fact that we were a few penalties away from the final in 2012... Man. And for 2013, so many things were wrong with that match from team selection and so on. We only needed a 3-0 win to advance (Lost 4-1 in Westfalenstadion) and scored 2 goals in the last 10 minutes. Again, so close yet so damn far. What made it harder was seeing Di Maria and Sergio cry.

But don't worry, time heals wounds. or should I say

SergioRamosScoringInTheUCLFinalOf2014Minute92:48AgainstOurCityRivals heals wounds? I don't know you gotta ask my friend @Dynastian about that ;)

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Watching this fill me with joy of happy memories and a lot of goosepumps.

Lampard's 2 goals that sealed us the title.

The moment we won UEFA and their favorite team.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Joze When Drogba take a penality, he score the penality! All haild the king! :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Remember Owen's goal in the 95'th minute vs City?

I really went mental there watching on TV, specially hearing how the whole stands felt it when Giggs gets the balls, they know something special is going to happen and he passes magically, I feel so lucky now that once I saw Giggs playing live...

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Emrecan: What a story!!!!!!!!

• History

@Emerecan: What a story!!!!!!!!

Giacomo 7 years ago
AC Milan, Netherlands 0 4

Barcelona - PSG