Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Southampton of this year is stronger than last year's one.

Vendetta 10 years ago

Wenger will get sacked after Arsenal don't finish top four this season.

Wolfie 10 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

wow, i got a lot of sh-it wrong. haha..

Madridista11 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Pep Guardiola is overrated

The guy took teams that were already built by previous managers( Rijkaard, Jupp Heynckes). Until he does a bit more work I will not be impressed.

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

ronaldo will be the best player of the year but won't win the ballon d'or.

Lilywhite 10 years ago Edited
28 468

the returns of Ricardo Carvalho, Tiago and Quaresma for Portugal national team will make them win Euro 2016

• History

the returns of Ricardo Carvalho, Tiago and Quaresma will make Portugal win Euro 2016

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Southampton will finish above Tottenham...

CroatiaFan123 10 years ago
Arsenal, Croatia 66 2775

Chelsea winning EPL-and possibily even more trophies.

Vendetta 10 years ago

^Not so unpopular anymore, haha.

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited

Bayern Munchen is the most underrated team this year in CL, they made a silent transfer window but an amazing one : Benatia - Xabi Alonso - Lewandowski, in an addition to fresh WC winners like Lahm-Muller-Gotze-Neuer-Boateng all with boosted confidence, Robben and Ribery in the wings, Guardiola who is surely dreaming about a revenge of last year defeat.

Many seing Real Madrid - Chelsea, i would add Barça-Bayern, the outsiders would be Simeone and Klopps teams.
Those are my CL favourites, City Arsenal Juventus and PSG will need more experience to progress in the tournment, not rulling them out but its very dificult to beat 3 of the 6 teams mentionned above in a row to lift the trophy, in quarter finals things gets already complicated lately.

This year CL is probably the most competitive one ever, with different contenders and styles of play.

• History

Bayern Munchen is the most underrated team this year in CL, they made a silent transfer window but one a transfer : Benatia - Xabi Alonso - Lewandowski, in an addition to fresh WC winners like Lahm-Muller-Gotze-Neuer-Boateng all with boosted confidence, Robben and Ribery in the wings, Guardiola who is surely dreaming about a revenge of last year defeat.

Many seing Real Madrid - Chelsea, i would add Barça-Bayern, the outsiders would be Simeone and Klopps teams.
Those are my CL favourites, City Arsenal Juventus and PSG will need more experience to progress in the tournment, not rulling them out but its very dificult to beat 3 of the 6 teams mentionned above in a row to lift the trophy, in quarter finals things gets already complicated lately.

This year CL is probably the most competitive one ever, with different contenders and styles of play.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

African players are under-rated e.g Yaya

• History

African players are under-rated

Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I felt like regurgitating this thread to say one thing.

In the summer many Chelsea fans including myself, spat hate at Emenalo for his decision to sign Papy Djilobodji for a £3m, when we should've broken the bank and signed Stones for £40m.

This failure played its part in making our season so dreadful, and I have no respect for Emenalo anyway, but I must say.....

Papy Djilobodji is currently better than John Stones.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Now, I remember this thread. Can we start another one for season 16/17? :)

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Ha, this thread is a gold mine.

Argjentt96 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Kosovo 1 496

Butthurt fans

Lilywhite 8 years ago
28 468

Yep, guessed correct :)

tiki_taka 8 years ago

The strongest Chelsea of last decade was Carlo's one, one could argue that Mou Chelsea was more solid but for me, Ancelotti got 100% of the potential of his players.

Found this game lately in a channel, let score sheet alone, they played one of the most effective Football I saw.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I've always loved Carlo's teams, and I think he's the best manager in the world.

Speaking of unpopular opinions, I hate hate hate hate hate the commentators that do things like this:

Words cannot describe how much I despise that commentator.

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@tiki: I agree. I prefer the Chelsea of Carlo to Mourinho's, wish we had never sacked the Italian (to this day, I still don't know why exactly we did so). Of course, the primary target is to win, which we did enough with Mourinho, but everyone in their right minds would rather do so in style. Even now, in Conte's fourth official game, the one against Burnley was the best I've seen from a Chelsea team from an attacking point of view since approx. 2 years. But back to Carlo.. if Conte leaves one day, I'd be extremely happy if we appointed Carlo again.

• History

@tiki: I agree. I prefer the Chelsea of Carlo to Mourinho's, wish we had never sacked the Italian (to this day, I still don't know why exactly we did so). Of course, the primary target is to win, which we did enough with Mourinho, but everyone in their right minds would rather do so in style. Even now, under Conte, the match against Burnley was the best game I've seen from a Chelsea team from an attacking point of view since approx. 2 years. But back to Carlo.. if Conte leaves one day, I'd be extremely happy if we appointed Carlo again.