{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UCL Semi-final draw
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

enter image description here

Comments
Carb_Jr 7 years ago
Juventus 1 140

Part of me really wants Juve to win CL, only to see that meme die. Then we can say take that Milan/Inter fans. Its been too long :D Whatever happens Gigi wont retire tho, he can still play.

@Emo tbh I wanted Real in the semis, cos its going to be harder to play them in one game.. but not like Atletico. I don't even want to imagine that. I'd take Real anyday. Atletico may not be as dangerous, but its going to be a stupid game. One we'd most likely lose 0-1 from a corner without being able to score. (I think thats how it went when we played them couple years back..?)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Madridista11 Might be worth taking scenario to this thread: http://footyroom.com/forum/discussions/football-alternate-history-80001

@Carb Well, all the best wichever you end up facing in the final and don't forgot to beat Monaco first. ;) I only hope the last games will be good and free of stupid ref mistake. :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Monaco:Juventus is going to be great, the best attacking team vs the best defensive team.

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

I really would love to see Atletico beat Real... To be quite honest, i don't mind who wins out of Juve and Monaco... I just want an awesome final!! :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Dario Likewise +1.

@Golazo Know about the chinese legend of the spear that can break any shield vs the shield that can parry any spear? Can't help but wonder what this will do in football term but for some reason, I'm of a mind that the shield having more experience will win. ;)

DarioUtd 7 years ago
Manchester United 27 493

Thanks Emo! Keep smiling!! :) ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emobot7 I don't know about that story but it's always interesting to see when two different styles clash, Monaco seems to be able to score 3 goals in every game they play and Juventus seems to be able to block even the best attacking players out there :)

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo For sure, it will be exciting game! :D Can't wait! ;)

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Good good, now we won't see another Madrid derby in the final. That would a little too repetitive for my taste.

Atletico are the team we probably have the best odds of beating. This is going to be tough. I'm fairly certain Juve will beat Monaco, though.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Might as well add the same poll I did on the europa league thread, chose the teams who will win in your opinion:

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

You guys do realize that Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid not too long ago 3-0 at the VIcente Calderon? Then, we controlled the game at Santiago Bernabeu, only towards the end did Atletico muster some attacking and scored to make it 1-1 a couple weeks ago. This was also before the Munich away game and Zidane was taking precautions. He took off Kroos and another key player to prepare them for the Bayern game, and that's when we ceded control and they scored.

Therefore, I do not think Atletico pose much risk to Real. They don't look nearly as good as they did recently, last year, the year before that or the year before that.

Simone switched it up this season and turned them into a more attacking side, essentially taking away what made them such a difficult opponent.

This is the first time in a loong time where I am not worried about Atletico. They have fallen off this season, and it'll take something extraordinary happening to the Real squad for them to advance to the final.

I know many of you would 'like' to see them in the final and defeat Real, but if it didn't happen in the last 3 years, it will most certainly not happen this year. This is the weakest they have been for quite some time. Real is the favorite this team around, even though they were last year and we still beat them.

Juve is the only team that have knocked out Real from the competition in the last 4 years, so it will be fitting IF we face them in the final to achieve that which has not been by any other team.

It's a completely different thing though, predicting and wanting. I think most are confusing it with 'wanting' in this thread. Sure, Atletico has reached the final twice and many would like to see them win it. They deserve it. But predicting them to overcome Real is simply wishful thinking.

It will be a very entertaining game between Juve and Monaco, I think. Monaco with their attacking prowess, and Juve with their defensive solidarity.

How good is their attack though? Good enough to score freely against Juve? If so, I don't see any team stopping them. I do think experience will overpower youthful unpredictability.

Anything other than a Juve vs Real final will be an upset.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

You guys do realize that Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid not too long ago 3-0 at the VIcente Calderon? Then, we controller the game at Santiago Bernabeu, only towards the end did Atletico muster some attacking and scored to make it 1-1 at the Bernabeu a couple weeks ago. This was also before the Munich away game and Zidane was taking precautions.

Regardless, I do not think Atletico pose much risk to Real. They don't look nearly as good as they did recently, last year, the year before that or the year before that.

Simone switched it up this season and turned them into a more attacking side, essentially taking away what made them such a difficult opponent.

This is the first time in a loong time where I am not worried about Atletico. They have fallen off this season, and it'll take something extraordinary happening to the Real squad for them to advance to the final.

I know many of you would 'like' to see them in the final and defeat Real, but if it didn't happen in the last 3 years, it will most certainly not happen this year. This is the weakest they have been for quite some time. Real is the favorite this team around, even though they were last year and we still beat them.

Juve is the only team that have knocked out Real from the competition in the last 4 years, so it will be fitting IF we face them in the final to achieve that which has not been by any other team.

It will be a very entertaining game between Juve and Monaco, I think. Monaco with their attacking prowess, and Juve with their defensive solidarity.

How good is their attack though? Good enough to score freely against Juve? If so, I don't see any team of stopping them. I do think experience will overpower youthful unpredictability.

I think it'll be Juve vs Real in the final most likely.

You guys do realize that Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid not too long ago 3-0 at the VIcente Calderon? Then, we controlled the game at Santiago Bernabeu, only towards the end did Atletico muster some attacking and scored to make it 1-1 a couple weeks ago. This was also before the Munich away game and Zidane was taking precautions.

Regardless, I do not think Atletico pose much risk to Real. They don't look nearly as good as they did recently, last year, the year before that or the year before that.

How good is their attack though? Good enough to score freely against Juve? If so, I don't see any team of stopping them. I do think experience will overpower youthful unpredictability.

You guys do realize that Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid not too long ago 3-0 at the VIcente Calderon? Then, we controlled the game at Santiago Bernabeu, only towards the end did Atletico muster some attacking and scored to make it 1-1 a couple weeks ago. This was also before the Munich away game and Zidane was taking precautions.

It's a completely different thing though, predicting and wanting. I think most are confusing it with 'wanting' in this thread. Sure, Atletico has reached the final twice and many would like to see them win it. They deserve it. But predicting them to overcome Real is simply wishful thinking.

You guys do realize that Real Madrid beat Atletico Madrid not too long ago 3-0 at the VIcente Calderon? Then, we controlled the game at Santiago Bernabeu, only towards the end did Atletico muster some attacking and scored to make it 1-1 a couple weeks ago. This was also before the Munich away game and Zidane was taking precautions. He took off Kroos and another key player to prepare them for the Bayern game, and that's when we ceded control and they scored.

Therefore, I do not think Atletico pose much risk to Real. They don't look nearly as good as they did recently, last year, the year before that or the year before that.

How good is their attack though? Good enough to score freely against Juve? If so, I don't see any team stopping them. I do think experience will overpower youthful unpredictability.

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Amer, you are under the assumption that facing Atletico in the league and in a couple finals is the same as facing them in a knockout semi final. Atletico lost finals at the very end of the match which Atletico will be satisfied with a draw as long as they have the away goal. They won't need to play recklessly like they did on the league trying to cut the gap on points. The situations in which you faced them in the past means little at this stage. Atletico are excellent over two tie knockouts. I understand your confidence but don't count them out. All they need is a goal lead or even tie with the away goal to go past Real.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr Never underestimate you opponent... well, even though I have to agree with some of what you said. Atletico is not looking as good as last season. I guess much of us just don't want to see Atletico lose another time in the CL to Real Madrid. Nothing against Real, really, it just we like to see new scenario over the time. :P

Amerr30 7 years ago

I'm most certainly not counting them out. I know just how good of a side they are. It would be an insult to to all that they have recently achieved to think they will be a walk in the park. Most certainly not.

However, in the past 3 years, even when they've beaten us in the league - we managed to overcome them in the Champions League. Real played against them in the Champions League for 3 seasons in a row. 2 Finals and 1 quarter final. Even when they knocked out Barcelona, and Bayern Munich, Real was the side that would eliminate them. This says a lot about which team performs better in Champions League.

It doesn't mean little that we've eliminated them each time we've played. There's a psychological aspect to this as well. I don't think they will be able to accomplish something they haven't been able to when they were on top of their powers. Certainly you will admit that Atletico of this season is not nearly as strong as the Atletico of last 3 years, while it's arguable that Real has gotten stronger.

Again, I am not counting them out just like that. They will be a difficult opponent, it will take everything out of Real to advance, but it'd be foolish to think - no offense - that Atletico will advance based on what has happened this season as well as in recent seasons.

Amerr30 7 years ago

@Emo: No, I am not underestimating them. It will be difficult, surely. I also understand why most want Atletico to advance, even sympathize with it. However, I very much doubt they've got much chance of making it. I am sure if I was not a Madridista that I would also support Atletico.

I don't think I will be upset at all if Atletico eliminates us, really. They've deserved it.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

I agree with Amerr on this one. No disrespect to Atletico, a formidable opponent indeed, bit we always, and I mean ALWAYS, best them when it matters. Especially in knockout situations.

Me and my friend used to always sing "We always best the scums when it matters" because its so damn true. Hopefully this won't be different this time around

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Was hoping for..

Real vs Monaco
Juve vs Atletico

Would love an Atletico - Monaco final and I hope to see Atletico win. I think it is Simeone's final season, and I remember after the loss to Real in the final, he said that he wouldn't leave without winning the CL, so I hope he's able to fulfil that promise.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amerr @Madridista +1 to you both, nice to see you respect your rival. ;) I seriously hope this is going to be a good match at the very least and that at the end of the day, the best team win. Good luck to you both. :D

Madridista11 7 years ago

Me and my friend used to always sing "We always best the scums when it matters" because its so damn true.

Did I just quote myself?

Madridista11 7 years ago

Did I just quote myself?

Yes.