UEFA Europa League 16/17 Round of 16 Draw
NovaRuk 7 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

enter image description here

Thoughts?

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

4 out of the 5 teams I'm mildly concerned about are playing one another. This is a positive.

While I like United's draw as well, travelling to Russia is never fun, and rarely gives a good result.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Roma - Lyon should be a great game, and schlke/gladbach, would have like to see these teams go further, i assume these are the 4 you speak of sunflash

JuanMata10 7 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

United have to travel all the way to Russia 3 days before facing us in the FA Cup, great news.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Probably going to watch Lyon and Roma or Schalke and M'gladbach. Both could be fantastic matches.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

ez cup for roma

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Good draw for us. But we should never underestimate our opponent.

Roma - Lyon seems like the best tie.
2 German teams and 2 Belgium teams playing against eachother will be quite interesting to see.

My predictions: Anderlecht-Gent-Beşiktaş-Kobenhavn-Celta-Roma-ManU-S04

If things go as I said, it would be an important opportunity for us to go further.
Turkish League is no competitive anymore. Would like to focus on winning EL.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Good draw for us. But we should never underestimate our opponent. Roma - Lyon seems like the best tie.
2 German teams and 2 Belgium teams playing against eachother will be quite interesting to see.

If things go as I said, it would be an important opportunity for us to step further.
Turkish League is no competitive anymore. Would like focus on winning EL.

Good draw for us. But we should never underestimate our opponent. Roma - Lyon seems like the best tie.

If things go as I said, it would be an important opportunity for us to go further.
Turkish League is no competitive anymore. Would like focus on winning EL.

Turkish League is no competitive anymore. Would like to focus on winning EL.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@ Emrecan_58

4 points ahead in the table and Super Lig is no longer competitive?

Is that not a bit over confident?

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Golefty It seems like it's a bit over confident yeah. Because I really feel overconfident, lol :D
3-4 weeks ago, I'd say "Turkish League is more important, we should focus on that. Never mind the Europa League."
But while watching our games and Başakşehir's or Galatasaray's, I see that they no longer pose a threat to us. Not even mentioning Fenerbahçe. They should worry about their Europa League place. Because Antalyaspor are better atm.
As you'll see, time will prove me right.

Footnote: Scenes if we lose to Galatasaray on Monday :D LoL.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emre

lol I was not sure how much of a threat Başakşehir was to your future title :) Galatasaray and Fenerbahce do seem out of the race, hahaha

Hopefully Besiktas form can continue!!

That sounds like that is an important game!!

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Man, Mourinho said earlier he hoped he wouldn't draw a russian team as it give little time to relax and force the team to travel a lot more. Suck for him and United. Anyway, Anderlecth and Ajax should reach the quarter and its quite suprising 2 Belgian and 2 German side player each other (Also, 3 belgian side in the round of 16, not bad). Besiktas vs Olympiacos and Lyon vs Roma should be the more interesting game. Wonder if Kranosdar will beat Celta though, its a hard call in my opinion.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

NIce draw for us. I genuinely consider United as favourites. Over two legs, we can beat any of the teams left in the competition. If Mourinho shuffles his squad correctly, we have a great chance to win this.
For eg, for the first leg in Russia, he should rest players like Pogba, Mkhi, Ibra and no take them to Russia to save them for Chelsea.

NovaRuk 7 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

Rostov is not an easy opponent. They managed to beat Bayern at home.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Novaruk And they drew with Atletico. We need to get a good result in Russia and then flatten them at home.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

And now you pretty much get why English teams dont bother with Europa.

3 days before the cup they need to travel in Russia as stated above to face a team on an important fixture that smashed them 4-0 earlier in the season. Conclusions are yours.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Rostov is not easy at home, plus, they are playing Chelsea 4 day after. Gonna be tough from United to get good results in both the FA cup and Europa league, they might even have a hard time suceeding in either of those because of all the travel they have to do. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Seems like UEFA will not allow away fans for Olympiakos-Beşiktaş games after Oly's request.

• History

Seems like UEFA will not let away fans for Olympiakos-Beşiktaş games.

Seems like UEFA will not let away fans for Olympiakos-Beşiktaş games after Oly's request.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emre Wow, thats pretty serious, hope it won't make too much of a difference for the player, we want the best possible game we can after all! :D

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If these two teams don't meet beforehand the final for me is going to be Roma vs Manchester United.

• History

If these two teams don't mean beforehand the final for me is going to be Roma vs Manchester United.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

easy call, roma v besiktas final

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Who would defeat United in a two legged game though? Especially when United could have bs call for them like vs ASSE. That first game was not worthy of 3 goals. Plus, they probably have the best squad, so they have that advantage.