Thoughts?

Comments
_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

travel time and the inevitable loss to chelsea, will affect man u during march

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

travel time and the inevitable loss to chelsea, will affect man u during march

You have that point going, but Rostov also have to travel long distance in the second leg. There's a week interval which they could regroup. That's a reason why I think United have the edge in this match.

Emrecan_58 7 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Here are the First Leg Results enter image description here

@Emobot7 Beşiktaş fans were banned, remember? Well, we were the louder side against 32000 Olympiakos fans. LoL!!!
And yes the ban was applied.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Here are the First Leg Results enter image description here

@Emobot7 Beşiktaş fans were banned, remember? Well, we were the louder side against 32000 Olympiakos fan. LoL!!! And yes the ban was applied.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Nice draw for us. The horrible pitch made it difficult for us to play our natural game, and the away goal sets us up nicely for the return leg.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@saatvik Good results for United, Rostov is never an easy side to play against, especially if they play at home. Looking good for you guys.

@Emrecan Well, Olympiakos changed manager recently, wonder if that had anything to do with it. Still, good game there mate, the away goal is pretty important no doubt. Good luck with the home game.

Lyon and Genk were really impressive though and it will be interesting to see who win between Schalke and Gladbach.

I just realized how different this round of 16 is to last year, only team who was there then was Anderlecht. So no matter what, we gonna have very different scenario than those of last year. As a neutral fan, couldn't be happier... :D Wish I could say the same about CL. :(

• History

@saatvik Good results for United, Rostov is never an easy side to play against, especially if they play at home. Looking good for you guys.

@Emrecan Well, Olympiakos changed manager recently, wonder if that had anything to do with it. Still, good game there mate, the away goal is pretty important no doubt. Good luck with the home game.

Lyon and Genk were really impressive though and it will be interesting to see who win between Schalke and Gladbach.

I just realized how different this round of 16 is to last year, only team who was there then was Anderlecht. So no matter what, we gonna have very different scenario than those of last year. As a neutral fan, couldn't be happier... Wish I could say the same about CL. :(

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot7 Thanks man. Also thanks for Atiba. But I didn't understand what you meant by

Well, Olympiakos changed manager recently, wonder if that had anything to do with it.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Emre I know this propably doesn't have anything to do but I wonder if the fan might have been frustrated by the board decision. Maybe that could explain why they weren't very vocal in their support. A theory like that, I know its unlikely but hey, thought it was worth a share. ;)

Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Not actually :) They didn't seem upset obout the decision. We were just louder :D I am still not sure how those fans entered the stadium.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

easy call, roma v besiktas final

Sorry mate, but I gotta lol at this a bit. Not happening after all it seem. Kinda feel bad for Roma though, they were close at the end.

Anyway, the quarter final are coming, I'm getting excited! My favorite are Lyon, Manchester United and Besiktas, not in any particular order. Outsider for me are Celta, Ajax and Schalke in this order. Still, it crazy how we're are 100% sure of having another champion this year! Can't wait for the semi's and the final! :D

Final thing to note, 2 belgian team left and only 1 spanish team still in is pretty suprising but its making this a good show!

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

This time of the season is when I believe Mourinho should start putting his cards on the table.

We are 6th place in the league, Besiktas is still in the competition (potentially another long travel for the exhausted squad if we are drawn against them), we're up against 4 other clubs above us for top 4 position (pretty convinced that Chelsea already won, leaving City, Arsenal, Liverpool and Spurs), and realistically speaking, those 4 other clubs will grit it out from now till the end. Grabbing a top 4 spot would be close to miraculous for us

We are lucky to still be in the tournament.

If I were Mourinho, I would take the gamble and put all my focus towards the Europa League. An EFL cup win, Community shield, Europa league cup meaning a ticket to a CL league spot next season, would sound like a pretty decent season to me.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@emo yea i underestimated lyon. they played one of their best games in the first leg. disappointed in roma...like always.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@gonzi Roma is a bit like Arsenal, lots of fan, great history, great team and great expectation but in the end, they end up underperforming. Anyway, here the matchup for the quarter final: enter image description here

Dissapointed about OL and Besiktas meeting so soon, would have love to see both of them continuing. Ajax and Schalke is gonna be great game and both team have their chance in my mind. Celta and United should really go trough but Anderlecht could cause a suprise. Interesting draw in my opinion.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Glad that one of Besiktas and Lyon are going out. I expect Man utd to go easily past Anderlecht.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

LYon -Manchester will be an incredible final, but i didnt want to se besiktas go this early

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Why don't we think Besiktas can beat Lyon? Lyon are inconsistent as hell.

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited

Schalke is random, they are either good or bad.

Emobot7

Roma is a bit like Arsenal, lots of fan, great history, great team and great expectation but in the end, they end up underperforming.

Lol, I've seen a comment similar to this.

SunFlash

Lyon are inconsistent as hell.

Disagreed, Lyon have been pretty solid lately, they just can't seem to do it against bigger sides. The loss of Depay could play a factor in the future of the tournament though.

• History

Schalke is random, they are either good or bad.

Emobot7

Roma is a bit like Arsenal, lots of fan, great history, great team and great expectation but in the end, they end up underperforming.

Lol, I've seen a comment similar to this.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Sunflash Indeed. wichever lose though will be gone and thats a shame cause I really believe they could have met in the semi at least.

@Amir Just to make it clear, its nothing against Arsenal and I also saw similar comment before, thats where the comparison came to mind. ;)

@Golefty Its not done, beside, Besiktas are good enough to beat Lyon.

@Saatvik True, but you might need to play the team that win that game anyway. Still, watch out for Celta as well, as you might meet them later, they didn't beat Real Madrid in the Copa Del Rey only thanks to Danilo. They are a very decent side.

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

@sunflash @Emobot8

not counting Besiktas out yet man , but they have to go for ManU vs Lyon final

Just couldn't think of a better final than Lyon - Manchester united , Epl vs ligue 1,

• History

@sunflash

not counting Besiktas out yet man , but they have to go for Man vs Lyon final

Just couldn't think of a better final than Lyon - Manchester united , Epl vs ligue 1,

@sunflash

not counting Besiktas out yet man , but they have to go for ManU vs Lyon final

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited

Emobot7

Just to make it clear, its nothing against Arsenal and I also saw similar comment before, thats where the comparison came to mind. ;)

Nah don't worry :)

• History

Emobot7

Just to make it clear, its nothing against Arsenal and I also saw similar comment before, thats where the comparison came to mind. ;)

Nah don't worry :)

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Cornet will carry Lyon if he is in form. My favorite player in France right now.