Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Victor Valdes - a sad story but he is back- thanks to Karanka
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Anybody here and in the football world has forgotten about him?

Love by many and hate by many. But not like Mourinho (for his talent and controversy), Valdes is hate mostly because some think he's overrated, and make silly mistakes, but a genius in a lots of others' eyes.

For those who did not follow, Valdes almost quitted his professional career during his spell at Manchester United. Banned from any MU's team by Luis Van Gaal. And only thanks to the Under-21 coach Alen Fettis (love this guy).

I like him, his game is fun, his facial expression is fun, and he's super entertaining. (to me, the like of Courtois is dead boring).

I felt so sad for him, and I cant imaging from a top class goal keeper in a club like Barca to be a guy who got banned to any training ground for almost 16 months is terrible.

He moved to Belgium, admitted:

Here, I am happy just to be in the dressing room,...

So sad.

Then he got left out and felt limbo again because the team wanted more chances for youngster... Valdes was beset by fear, loneliness and paranoia.

BUT, now he is back, even back to his best at Middlesbrough. His performance has been outstanding, like another De Gea. Cant say how happy I feel for him.

All thanks to Middlesbrough's boss Aito Karanka.

THE BEST PART IS:

“I don’t have any bad words for Van Gaal or Manchester United. They helped me through my injury and the manager gave me my chance as a footballer at Barcelona and then again at United.

“He’s like a father figure to me. I don’t want to remember the last six months in a bad way – for me he is in the top. We are still friends and there is no problem between us.

RESPECT

Victor is happy again

Comments
Emrecan_58 7 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

This is where we see coach's effect on players. Some comes and ruins them, some just makes them the best.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I like him, his game is fun, his facial expression is fun, and he's super entertaining. (to me, the like of Courtois is dead boring).

The guy is F*CKING enjoying the game. Absolute joy to watch, one of the few who GENUINELY enjoys being there. He kinda gets an upper hand of opponents at times because of his confidence leads to some really good saves.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I'm glad that guy is back, I saw few of Boro's games and he has been amazing. He was on top of his form against Arsenal and against City he was even better. (Don't forget that he has played more than half the match injured after that tackle from Navas)
It's just feel so good when players are coming back after injuries or any other problems, hopefully some good years are still in front of this guy.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Didn't know Aitor Karanka was manager of Boro. He used to be Mourinho's assistant at Real Madrid until Carlito came along.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Didn't know Aito Karanka was manager of Boro. He used to be Mourinho's assistant at Real Madrid until Carlito came along.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago

@Emerecan: agreed. Coaches are those who influence most on players. Take Messi and Ronaldo for obvious reason. We gotta thank Pep and Sir Alex for those wonders. We have so many talents who went to air because they weren't put under the best guidance.

@decentK: he is. super entertaining.

@quikzyy: I saw those too and I were so glad.... still feel sad for him and found it stupid he left Barca for us...

@Dynas: Yep, Karanka approached Valdes before MU came to the table so I guess he was already there.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

@Dynas: Yep, and that's why Chelsea under Mourinho had the likes of Blackman, Bamford, Omeruo and Kalas on loan at Boro in recent years.

@tuan_jinn: Courtois is boring? How is he any more boring than Lloris, Mignolet, Cech, Bravo etc. I get that he is forced to make nowhere near as many saves as De Gea, but if anything, that is credit to our outfield players.

I lost a bit of respect for Valdes went he went searching for money in Monaco, and felt strangely satisfied when his medical failed. But of course it was sad to see him go from Barca stalwart to clubless in a month. Don't know why he felt like playing second fiddle at United was a good idea, but its good to see him getting the playing time he deserves in a competitve league.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

He have been great for Boro, really happy for him. His whole story alway seemed crazy to me, a goalkeeper who hated being in the goal as a lad and became the first choice in a team of champion only to end up as a backup keeper in another big team. And now, thing are looking good for him once more.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I think Karanka got Adama Traore because he managed him in Spain u16s about 6 years ago aswell.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited

Today, we learned the news that Karanka is sacked.

Middlesbrough is struggling at the bottom... after 4 emotional years he's out :(.

Anyone has more information of how is Valdes doing?

• History

Today, we learned the news that Karanka is sacked.

Middlesbrough is struggling at the bottom... after 4 emotional years he's out :(.

Anyone has more information of how is Valdes doing?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@tuan A shame, all I can say is that Valdes might just be their greatest hope at staying up this season. And even then, their change are slim. I just hope that doesn't stop him from moving to a better club in the future if Middlebrough does get relegated... :(

• History

@tuan A shame, all I can say is that Valdes might just be their greatest hope at staying up this season.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

He's bad, it's sad.

saatvik10 7 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

Totally horrible mistake.