Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What a boring fest has this forum become ..
Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

So , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as I used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I have been working a lot and you know , as you grow older more responsibilities fall in your life and time has become commodity that i can hardly find . I am sure we all here can relate and see the pattern that older members are no longer as active as they used to be and we all have grown . I just like to say to you , if anyone disappears suddenly from this forum and we never hear again from them , that YOU MATTERED ! Honestly , i remember everyone of you and over the years you have developed this online personality that i came to like and dislike depending on the topic we talk about but at end of the day I like you all and respect you all !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Special thanks to footyroom Mods and creators . You guys doing a great job here !

I am sure we are all different backgrounds here , but footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family . I think one day I will simply disappear too but this forum has been a bit of a life journey because i visited it so often , it will stay with me forever !

Also , I just like to salute to new members and urge you to make this forum as fun as it used to be because lately it has been boring to visit it . I have confident as season goes on it will pick up the pace . I have no doubt that maybe in 30 years , I will still visit this forum and enjoy it as much as used to .

Comments
tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

That's touching mate. Nice words.

Members slowly disappear happens to every community, and it's sad :(. But new ones will come in.

The title is a bit weird though, too sophisticated metapholic D:D:D:D. Just kidding.

yeah, sometimes I miss the old fight hahaha. :D:D:D, but its not as boring as you think, come in often and you will see we have some great incredible new members.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Having apparently missed this site's glory days, I don't have that much to be nostalgic about. But I am hopeful that myself and other new members can provide some sort of spark back into these forums.

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I always creep the forum buy haven't really posted or even commented. I don't know. I guess I haven't felt the need to express anything or feel I couldn't contribute to the on going conversations. I have spent a lot of time here and I should try to be more active.

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Thanks man!
enter image description here

Emrecan_58 8 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I always tell myself that I wish I could meet you guys in real life and talk about football. Because this community in most times made me feel better than anyone. Like Marcus said, you all matter guys.
@Marcus2011 You and I had some heated polemics as you know. But

footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family

Our community is one the strongest around the whole internet.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I always tell myself that I wish I could meet you guys in real life and talk about football. Because this community in most times made me feel better than anyone. Like Marcus said, you all matter guys.
You and I had some heated polemics as you know. But

footyroom over the years kind of united us into one big football fanatic family

Our community is one the strongest around the whole internet.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think everyone is kinda missing the people we were arguing with :). A generation change, like in football, older players leaving making the room for the younger one.

Funny how fast years pass here right? :)

@Emre I think a lot of people would like but I can totally imagine that!

1. We will meet and be big friends
  2. Some argument and discussion will come and we will fight each other
  3. We will calm down and end somewhere watching the football with the beer like best friends
  4. :)
KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

WORD!

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Hey I put my heart and soul into this :D Honestly ;)

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@quikzyyy Isn't that the purpose of being football fans :) At the end of the day you

will calm down and end somewhere watching the football with the beer like best friends

rayrex7 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Preach man, lately, there hasn't been much discussion debate or anything at all. Lets hope the new users bring the old hype back again.

liomessi10 8 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Oncei had a dream about meeting footyroom mebers we were all gonna play a football gameand then you can guess what happened next...

But yeah it wud be great ifwe could meet one day

liomessi10 8 years ago

I do remeber thos forum used to be more interesting before then it is now I wish it would be the same again. Btw if I ever disappear it just means i might be busy or something but ill always be visiting the forum and knowing whats going on.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Right, where is Onze? although new, I liked that guy a lot! And Lodats need to come back to steer up the discussions on the forum

mladen 8 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Nothing against new members, but old members are something special for me. They have welcomed me I think 4 years ago ,I welcome many of them and that still staying with me,especially those with the same and avatars ! Like old house from childhood :)
Now I feel weird a bit ,many new members,new faces,new trolls,new jokes....but Arsenal and Liverpool still without EPL title. lol I m joking :)
. Stay here whether you are grown up,married,divorced,successful,poor,old (like me),young,black,white..... be a part of one big football family. Cheers everyone !

liomessi10 8 years ago

^what if youre brown... Like me?

It would me nice if lodatz could come back argu... I mean... Conversations would be much more stirred up and interesting he keeps it going for longer but i think he got too much hate and left. Poor him. Also I miss onze and really would be nice if vendetta and gunnerafc came back

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

Also, what happened to Amerr, he seem to have left not long after the euro, :( I sure loved to see him and tiki go at each other, nothing like a Barca fan and a Real fan tearing at each other. Its so fun to watch. :D

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yeahh I miss Lodatz, his love story vs tiki is the best... the 2 have insane knowledge and always contradict agaisnt each other. Non of them are actually gone, they are just busy and dont participate in discussion as often unless they see something utterly stupid in their eyes

liomessi10 8 years ago

^tiki is active still tho.

And yeah i miss amerr every time he leaves and also real madrid17

Aiden_Finland 8 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

The best Football website without a question!

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Croation123 is missing, he was a good lad.