Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

What is going on with PSG?
Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

I know a lot of you will say that it is because of Zlatan that its not going as good as before, but it can't be everything. The team is mostly the same to be sincere, so it could alway be because of Emery philosophy not being compatible with the squad but I really can't pinpoint for sure how come they seem to have degraded so much... The lose against Toulouse also showed some lack of discipline in the defense with another penalty and a second goal caused by a mistake. So what do you all think? What is causing PSG not to dominate as much as they did last season?

Comments
SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

When you lose Ibra, you're not just losing a very prolific striker, you're losing the centerpiece of your team. Take Messi out of Barca, Ronaldo out of Madrid, Buffon out of Juve, and you see the same thing. The character, attitude, and drive of the team takes a huge hit. Keeping in mind that they also lost David Luiz, who's a very vocal and well-liked guy in locker rooms, on top of changing managers.

PSG is having to recreate their identity, because right now, they don't know who they are.

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Shouldn't have fired Blanc . Guy had %76 win rate ..

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i agree with Marcus2011..

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Jimbet I think it might be it in fact, changing manager however might be the biggest issue though, as if the new manager style of coaching and of playing was very different to the old one, it can confuse the team at first and lead to counter performance in the first few game. Zlatan departure doesn't help of course but the change of tactic might just be too brutal for the team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Jimbet I think it might be a it in fact, changing manager however might be the biggest issue though, as if the new manager style of coaching and of playing was very different to the old one, it can confuse the team at first and lead to counter performance in the first few game. Zlatan departure doesn't help of course but the change of tactic might just be too brutal for the team.

Jimbet 8 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i dont know much about psg history or style of play but it seems that Blanc is solid on defensive and unai is lethal in attacking play.. if only Cavani can deliver.. my statement are solely from Chelsea Psg games on UCL, Arsenal vs psg recently and Psg lost to toulouse yesterday.. i apologize if i make any mistakes..

Phenohyte 8 years ago
3 122

I think Blanc had to be fired. Winning the Ligue 1 isn't good enough. His win rate might have been good but he achieved it against very mediocre teams. PSG wants UCL glory so they needed a better manager, and Emery is certainly a top-class one.

Edinson Cavani is a joke of a striker. He's useless in a big club. Ibrahimovic is a top 3 striker I think, while Cavani isn't even in the top 15. This is a huge loss for PSG. Cavani should be sold and PSG must make efforts to sign Agüero, Griezmann or Aubameyang.

quikzyyy 8 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Cavani is happening that's it..

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Now they are loosing against "mediocre " teams ..

saatvik102 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 8 89

Emery is a top class manager. But I'm not sure whether going from Blanc to Emery is that much of a step up.
Absolutely agree with Sunflash on the Ibra thing, he was the identity of PSG these last 4 years. But they let him go and didn't sign an adequate replacement. I don't think Cavani and Ben Arfa combined will be able to score as many goals as Ibra did last season. In David Luiz also they lost a team leader, and again Marquinhos is not that good to properly replace him, and Thiago Silva remains injured anyway.
They brought in Emery for UCL glory, but based on performances till now, I'm not sure they'll get far. Probably not this season. Emery needs to get his philosophy across to players, and the players need to be welcoming it. The owners need to be unerstand that it will take time and better strikers than Cavani to transform this team into UCL contenders.

_Gonzi_ 8 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

zlatan leaving was not the problem. Blanc leaving was the problem. Now we see that the ligue 1 isn't as easy as it seemed.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Blanc benched Cavani for a better Ibrahimobic which is logical, all that leaded to Cavani lose his touch his form and get used to be a benchwarmer.

Emery thought Cavani was enough and actually Cavani isnt enough.

Ben Afra is doing a Balotelli and he is bored to give something in training.

In fewer words he should have signed a striker since money is not a problem for PSG.

Too people that think Monaco is gonna compete for Ligue 1, I will just disagree and inform that their manager Leonardo Jardim or whatever he is called had a bad period with Olympiakos from Greece in an era that Olympiakos was like Barcelona at La Liga without ATM and RM. He bottled all games almost and got fired. He is not a bad manager, but surely he is not consistent with his games.

Hopefully I am wrong because the race for Ligue is so intersting!

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

@JozeMourinho In the worst case scenario, Nice got us covered for making ligue 1 more interesting. ;)